23 RAM 1500 FUEL Tank upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

23RAMGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I want to upgrade my fuel tank to 33 gallon tank on my 23 ram (new body ) 1500. is this possible? Dealership says it not but seems like i am filling up every other day....

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Yes you can. I'm not sure the parts needed to install the tank but you will need to change at least one computer setting (in the BCM?) so that the truck knows you have the larger tank and the fuel gauge works accordingly. You can do that with AlfaOBD.

Here are some threads from a quick Google search:

This forum doesn't like to reference the 5th Gen Rams forum. Replace the asterisks above with "5thgenrams[dot]com" for the thread - it's 30+ pages.

I haven't read through them as two of them are lengthy but should have all the info you need to make the change if you decide to.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to upgrade my fuel tank to 33 gallon tank on my 23 ram (new body ) 1500. is this possible? Dealership says it not but seems like i am filling up every other day....

So, how often will you be required to fill after increasing your tank size by 7 gallons?
Will you gain 1 day of grace and require a fill every 3 days instead of 2?

The cost of adding a new tank to a new build is very reasonable, after that, you might question the value.
I wanted the larger tank myself, but too costly for me, to add now. Just say'in. :cool: