2500 Hemi 6.4 tailpipe off 6.7 Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pawrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I know the discussion about the 2500 6.4 exhaust has somewhat been beatin to death....But I have a 2021 2500 Crew short bed and wondering if 2019-2021 2500 6.7 Diesel tailpipe fits on the 6.4? Meaning are the bends and hangers in same location? I hate the hideous resonator sticking out like a sore thumb but seems nobody makes a muffler back tailpipe to eliminate it. I know I will get a lot of just cut it off and put a piece of pipe in, buy an entire exahaust etc. just wondering if a diesel tailpipe woul work

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I know the discussion about the 2500 6.4 exhaust has somewhat been beatin to death....But I have a 2021 2500 Crew short bed and wondering if 2019-2021 2500 6.7 Diesel tailpipe fits on the 6.4? Meaning are the bends and hangers in same location? I hate the hideous resonator sticking out like a sore thumb but seems nobody makes a muffler back tailpipe to eliminate it. I know I will get a lot of just cut it off and put a piece of pipe in, buy an entire exahaust etc. just wondering if a diesel tailpipe woul work

If you hate the look of the stock tail pipe. you need to get in touch with @Nick@GotExhaust he needs a test vehicle for a new tail pipe secction that SOLO performance wants to offer for our trucks. Nobody has stepped up yet to help us all out.

WE ALL HATE THAT DAMN TAIL PIPE!!!

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The short version is yes, it will fit. However, you will need a 3.5” to 4” adaptor coupler, as the exhaust on the diesel is larger than ours. Other than that, yes it will fit. But you’re better off just cutting the resonator off and letting it dump under the bed, you’ll like the symmetry look.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The diesel is a 4" pipe and it's 1 piece from the back of the SCR over the axle and out to the exit. I highly doubt the exhaust would be a direct bolt up given that information.
Probably better off just modifying what you have

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The diesel is a 4" pipe and it's 1 piece from the back of the SCR over the axle and out to the exit. I highly doubt the exhaust would be a direct bolt up given that information.

Nope, I’ve had a tail pipe from the diesel in my hands. It’s a direct fit, with the exception of needing an adapter coupler. It’s the same shape as our resonator section. Only reason I didn’t do the mod was because I decided to cut the resonator off and let it dump for off-road clearance. There’s a video on YouTube (I think one of the TFLT guys) that shows a Power Wagon with a diesel tail pipe section installed, that’s where I got the idea from originally.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My only concern after running a 4" exhaust on a gas motor is drone.
I think it might heavily amplify the MDS drone having a nice long 4" echo chamber.

Otherwise, it's a great modification. I've run Cummins 4" tailpipes on a few different Rams.

OP
OP
P

Pawrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Makes no sense then why nobody makes 1....Why not just buy an aftermarket 1 for the Diesel from Magnaflow, MBRP etc. get the reducer and run it......I am going to buy the all black Magnaflow tailpipe, buy the reducer and be done.

OP
OP
P

Pawrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Also, why would an aftermarket company need specifically a 6.4 truck on hand to make a tailpipe...Just copy 1 from a diesel but make it with 3.5" pipe and away you go.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I bought a cat back with dual 5" outlets a bunch of people like but I don't know if you can buy just the last section from Magna Flow. Make a call.
Here's what it looks like on my CCLBcbddb5cadf264d1012ef304bdc5ef198.jpg

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
PS: Forgot to mention, the "tail pipe" with the two chrome 5" tipe also has 2 resonators built into it.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

My ‘14 has a slip joint with a band clamp that was right in front of the axle.