2900km in and starting to hate my Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leftwing71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2900 km I had my 2022 Ram Rebel for 2 months and have been to the dealer for 8 times for service. Never had that feeling of excitement like owning a brand truck. Well, maybe first few days then I start discovering issues. Like squeaking and creaking coming from the suspension. Rattling in the passenger headrest, which was replaced. There is some clicking and rattling in the dash, but I can see hard to find at this point. I would be just wasting my time going to the dealer. They would just give me the answer " we can't replicate the noise" like the squeaking in the suspension. I tried saturating the bushing with silicone lube and tightening up nuts and bolts.. 3 times they said that they couldn't find it. I decided to go to another dealer where I didn't buy the truck. They ended up replacing the upper and lower control arm. They told me they replaced the right front, but my friend and I had to look because I was doubtful and impressed they did all that diagnosis, RnR, and alignment in 3.5 hours. I mentioned, I had to leave for work at noon and was there first thing at 7 am. Anyways they replaced the driver side, it was a mistake I guess the put-down front right which is the passenger. It's better, but there is still a quick squeak coming from the driver's side front. I know because I would stand on the step board and rock the truck and you can hear the driver side squeak, but when I go over to the passenger side it is quiet. I have another coming up on Feb 11, 2022. I'm in the process of waiting for a part to come. They said they had filed a claim and the parts are 3-4 weeks away. I had pointed out the 4x4 selector switch light flickers when it is super cold out and eventually goes back to normal when warmed up. They are not confident replacing it will fix the problem, but worth a try. I think it's just the poor quality LEDs they used because some bad LEDs do that when it is cold.

Back in November 2021, I had reported an issue with the Uconnect not turning on, connecting and disconnecting all the time with my cell, even after trying everything like shut off the truck. I thought it might have been the remote start they installed. I had brought it in for that and a slight tick on cold start-up and what sounds like a slight exhaust leak. They of course said that was normal they didn't think a truck with only 900 km would have that problem the Forman said. I asked him about the Hemi tick and he said that I shouldn't worry because they have improved and reinforced the trouble area on the manifold and changed some designs on the motor in 2022. I also told him about the Uconnect issue and he told me to check back in December because they were expecting a major update. I got it flashed and updated, the not turning on seems to be fixed. The disconnect with the phone still was there, but I found a solution for it myself. Don't enable Andriod drive from starting up every time you turn on the vehicle. Just select it when needed. seem to be ok for now. Now in the last few days, I noticed the navigation is not reliable nor accurate. 2 destinations I punched in and it took me to a location 3 blocks away and not the right location. Ram care is useless, I called Ram Care 3 times today each time they pass off the buck sent me on the goose chase. 1st time she gave me a number to call for assistance with Nav well it was Garmin. Garmin said there is no Garmin in that model. So I called back a different girl she seem like she was taking down notes and making a case and gave me another number. I said is another 3rd party company? She likes no it Nav department for FCA. So asking what if it's another goose chase and a waste of my time what is the next step? She said they should be able to help with any problem with the NAV. So enough waste of time they couldn't do anything because they didn't have any info on 2022. Say what?? lol They couldn't use the 2021 model because there would be a chance that they might mess up the Uconnect and be responsible. I called FCA back asked for a case manager, this girl rude with a snotty tone, said go back to the dealer. I said the dealer already updated and can't do anything.

Anyway, it hasn't been enjoyable owing my first and probably my last Ram or any vehicle they make. Poor craftsmanship and service compared to others I have had. I just wish I would have been more informed with some of the things I see in this forum. So I could have made an informed decision. You pay all this money and it is rightful to expect a solid truck not like buying a neon. Never thought I would say this about a new vehicle, now I'm stuck with this truck. Even bought the extended warranty and gap insurance. So I would lose out big time trading it in for a different make and model now or new few years.

Last edited:

Mercruth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Sorry to hear about your truck problems but it's one of the reasons I don't buy a new one. I can spend a **** load of money on my 2001, I like the style anyway, and still not approach the 50,000 + new trucks cost. Too much **** on a thing you bounce and jounce about bound to screw up the fancy electronics they are packing into the new ones. Trucks are trucks, call me old fashion but you want all the comfort and technology, get a car.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Hope you get the things in the first paragraph remedied.

The second paragraph has many of the issues I have with UConnect and Android Auto interface.
And as you are learning - their customer service is worthless.

Like you, I'm disheartened with Chrysler/Ram - the number one thing we all interact with is our phones ... and the UConnect/AA interface has so many problems and sometimes renders our phones useless for communicating - which could lead to a tragic situation.
Like you stated, financially it would be a disaster to sell and switch to another brand solely on this issue as the rest of the truck is exceptional! The look, the utility, functionality, engine, ride, etc are all batting 100%. But the AA and UConnect interface is so awful, it makes thoughts of downgrading to another brand for user/phone integration quite attractive.

I'm way ahead of you regarding the amount of time I've spent on the phone with every level of Customer Service (63 hours and counting) including Dealer(s), FCA, Ram Cares, etc. No one has answers all the way up the ladder. And you'll never get a call back ... you know this because they won't give you their direct line LOLOL.
I sympathize with you.
I'm in the same boat (without the squeaking issues).

I'm about to offer third party and/or independent coders, hackers and whomever else can hack the system, a fair bit of money to make it work right.

I'll let you know.

Good luck in your quest for a solution.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good news, truck values are still higher than ever. If your not happy with them now is the time to unload them.

FYI, Ram resale have never been a strong point. You may want to take advantage of the increase in value.

Awokenotwoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The second paragraph has many of the issues I have with UConnect and Android Auto interface.

Like you, I'm disheartened with Chrysler/Ram - the number one thing we all interact with is our phones ... and the UConnect/AA interface has so many problems and sometimes renders our phones useless for communicating - which could lead to a tragic situation.
Like you stated, financially it would be a disaster to sell and switch to another brand solely on this issue as the rest of the truck is exceptional! The look, the utility, functionality, engine, ride, etc are all batting 100%. But the AA and UConnect interface is so awful, it makes thoughts of downgrading to another brand for user/phone integration quite attractive.

I'm way ahead of you regarding the amount of time I've spent on the phone with every level of Customer Service (63 hours and counting) including Dealer(s), FCA, Ram Cares, etc. No one has answers all the way up the ladder. And you'll never get a call back ... you know this because they won't give you their direct line LOLOL.
I sympathize with you.

I'm about to offer third party and/or independent coders, hackers and whomever else can hack the system, a fair bit of money to make it work right.

I'll let you know.

Ask the Israeli military. They are the best hackers in the world.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I sympathize with you.

I'll let you know.

U Connect 5 IMHO just atrocious. Glad I have a plain jane Bighorn with plain jane 8.4 Uconnect 4 in MY 19.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Never thought I would say this about a new vehicle, now I'm stuck with this truck. Even bought the extended warranty and gap insurance. So I would lose out big time trading it in for a different make and model now or new few years.
So sorry you're experiencing this with your first brand new purchase. I guess I've been fortunate with all the new cars and trucks I've bought over the years, and haven't experienced anything like what you're experiencing.

Resale values for trucks has come down some from what it was a month or two ago. Most likely caused by the high gas prices, and people not wanting to spend all their paycheck on gas. But it might be worth checking to see what you could get for your Rebel. Carvana, Vroom, Carfax are a few sites you might check. And you can sell your extended warranty back to the dealership and get that (or most of that) money back. I don't think you can sell your gap insurance back, but it would be worth asking.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Ask the Israeli military. They are the best hackers in the world.
Odd you should be so specific, I am interacting with someone from Israel who is familiar with the issues I'm having.

And there's a fair amount of people/computer-coders/hackers on a few phone based web-sites who are starting to crack the UConnect/Android Auto protective walls and finding ways around all the issues, recoding the programming for remedies I/we're having.

Once my list of problems have a remedy, I'll be paying them to send it to me so I can download it.

I've offered to pay some of them to get my interface to work with my phone, not take my phone over and render it useless. There are two people who are on my list. Good phones are going for $1000++ now, so to pay someone at least half (+/-) to get it to sync and operate like all my other vehicle interfaces is better than taking a loss on selling/trading the truck in for another model.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ WOW ^^^ maybe OP and others will find a solution to the new U Connect 5 alleged issues (I know there R problems, just being PC), makes me sooooooo happy I got lil plain jane 8.4 U connect 4 (No NAV< 911 or ne thing, no OTA updates), in MY 19. Another reason I am staying with my now 4 year old truck, not wanna chase my tail at FCA. Just IMHO ...

Dannycameo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2900 km I had my 2022 Ram Rebel for 2 months and have been to the dealer for 8 times for service. Never had that feeling of excitement like owning a brand truck. Well, maybe first few days then I start discovering issues. Like squeaking and creaking coming from the suspension. Rattling in the passenger headrest, which was replaced. There is some clicking and rattling in the dash, but I can see hard to find at this point. I would be just wasting my time going to the dealer. They would just give me the answer " we can't replicate the noise" like the squeaking in the suspension. I tried saturating the bushing with silicone lube and tightening up nuts and bolts.. 3 times they said that they couldn't find it. I decided to go to another dealer where I didn't buy the truck. They ended up replacing the upper and lower control arm. They told me they replaced the right front, but my friend and I had to look because I was doubtful and impressed they did all that diagnosis, RnR, and alignment in 3.5 hours. I mentioned, I had to leave for work at noon and was there first thing at 7 am. Anyways they replaced the driver side, it was a mistake I guess the put-down front right which is the passenger. It's better, but there is still a quick squeak coming from the driver's side front. I know because I would stand on the step board and rock the truck and you can hear the driver side squeak, but when I go over to the passenger side it is quiet. I have another coming up on Feb 11, 2022. I'm in the process of waiting for a part to come. They said they had filed a claim and the parts are 3-4 weeks away. I had pointed out the 4x4 selector switch light flickers when it is super cold out and eventually goes back to normal when warmed up. They are not confident replacing it will fix the problem, but worth a try. I think it's just the poor quality LEDs they used because some bad LEDs do that when it is cold.

Back in November 2021, I had reported an issue with the Uconnect not turning on, connecting and disconnecting all the time with my cell, even after trying everything like shut off the truck. I thought it might have been the remote start they installed. I had brought it in for that and a slight tick on cold start-up and what sounds like a slight exhaust leak. They of course said that was normal they didn't think a truck with only 900 km would have that problem the Forman said. I asked him about the Hemi tick and he said that I shouldn't worry because they have improved and reinforced the trouble area on the manifold and changed some designs on the motor in 2022. I also told him about the Uconnect issue and he told me to check back in December because they were expecting a major update. I got it flashed and updated, the not turning on seems to be fixed. The disconnect with the phone still was there, but I found a solution for it myself. Don't enable Andriod drive from starting up every time you turn on the vehicle. Just select it when needed. seem to be ok for now. Now in the last few days, I noticed the navigation is not reliable nor accurate. 2 destinations I punched in and it took me to a location 3 blocks away and not the right location. Ram care is useless, I called Ram Care 3 times today each time they pass off the buck sent me on the goose chase. 1st time she gave me a number to call for assistance with Nav well it was Garmin. Garmin said there is no Garmin in that model. So I called back a different girl she seem like she was taking down notes and making a case and gave me another number. I said is another 3rd party company? She likes no it Nav department for FCA. So asking what if it's another goose chase and a waste of my time what is the next step? She said they should be able to help with any problem with the NAV. So enough waste of time they couldn't do anything because they didn't have any info on 2022. Say what?? lol They couldn't use the 2021 model because there would be a chance that they might mess up the Uconnect and be responsible. I called FCA back asked for a case manager, this girl rude with a snotty tone, said go back to the dealer. I said the dealer already updated and can't do anything.

Anyway, it hasn't been enjoyable owing my first and probably my last Ram or any vehicle they make. Poor craftsmanship and service compared to others I have had. I just wish I would have been more informed with some of the things I see in this forum. So I could have made an informed decision. You pay all this money and it is rightful to expect a solid truck not like buying a neon. Never thought I would say this about a new vehicle, now I'm stuck with this truck. Even bought the extended warranty and gap insurance. So I would lose out big time trading it in for a different make and model now or new few years.
I am almost in the exact same boat as you
I bought a 2022 ram power wagon exactly 2 months ago go and it's been one thing after another almost exactly What you mentioned Yes without the suspension issue
From the U connect issues to the hemi Tick At exactly 900 km as well what mine is a 6.4l Not only that After not being started for 9 days From inside the cab I could hear a loud knocking and by the time I figured out what it was and got my phone out and popped the hood to document it started to go away and just back to the regular hemi Tic
When I 1st got out I had my head in the wheel well listening And needless to say it was scaring the Out of me!
I've also got the leather separation Issue the tenting of at least an inch separation on the driver's seat
I have a piece of the Lower dash That's bent half an inch inward
Now I have 2700 km on it it's been 2 months And I go to the dealer on Wednesday when I mentioned what I was coming in for they just scoffed
This is the selling dealer I'm going to give them 1st crack at it Yes I don't want this to turn into the nightmare that you have already described

I know the market is extremely hot right now especially for power wagons yet I don't want to sell this, I want a power wagon
And all I end up doing if I sell this one is going looking for another 1 and all new vehicles have some Issues
It just sounds like you and I got vehicles built on a Friday

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1

Good luck with that Nav! I have a 2019 laramie the Nav take me to an address feature has not worked since i bought new. After typing in an address a spinning circle appears and says "offline". Dealer installed entirely new screen unit, rebooted, re flashed etc. it does the same thing and has not worked for 4 years! RAM has been telling me for the last 4 years there will be an update/fix the next quarter. HAHA WHAT A JOKE!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
sell your vehicles, right now 2 year old Rams are selling at what you paid for yours originally

J rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel

Call a lemon lawyer, I live in California and they will do it for free. Stellantis is a waste of time, I went through 5 case manager, and am going on 4 months without my truck now. Stellantis is a **** job! I can’t believe any corp is paying them to do the same job the dealership is already doing, unless their job is give ****** customer service and wast time. The dealership, Chrysler Corp LLC , Stellantis,and Chrysler finance did nothing for me in my situation.
Get ready to be disappointed

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
sounds to me like Your Apple & Android Smart Phone/ Infotainment interfaces were designed by the WRONG Companies

Our Ram entertainment device is no longer just a Radio
It is now something like 80% computer

The laptop that you use may have a Sound Card or Board that is connected to a power source

The rest of your laptop is Main Board or Motherboard, a Video card or Daughter Boards

Your Rams radio should be a Laptop, it would work better

Inside of your Infotainment System is also a device called an AIR CARD, when you activate the ASSIST & 911, you are activating the Air Card
The Aircard has its own Telephone number, it is Identified by your Rams V.I.N. #

when you press the Assist Button, you are connected to a Call Center that is run by RAM
They can answer questions about your Ram, like helping you with Trouble Shooting

If you press the 911 button
you are connected to the call center & they ask a bunch of useless questions.

If you want 911, use your Cell Phone
When you are traveling, familiarize yourself with each areas Emergency Contact Number, it may not be 911

I hope this helps to keep some ppl informed

Last edited: