2WD 1500 Rough Country front leveling springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racerx20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Considering going with these on my along with Toyo ATII 33X12.5 22" tires on my replica R/T wheels. Anyone using these springs? Was wondering if they caused upper control arm geometry issues and how they ride. I'm hoping they ride close to stock. My truck is a 2015 crew cab sport. Any info is appreciated.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the RC leveling springs on my 2017 2wd. It rides fine and handles fine but would not say it is as smooth as stock. I also have billstiens on all four corners. I can say I feel every little crack in the road but I cannot say for certain if that is the issue since I have the billstiens. I also put mevotech lowers since one of my lower ball joints were ripped. I know it does not answer your question much. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

racerx20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the response. What size tires are you running?

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
275/60/20. Falken Wildpeak With 9" +1 offset rims. I originally had stock +18 offset rims with 1 1/2 spacers. When I got the new rims the shop left the spacers on by mistake and with +1 offset and 1 1/2" spacer the tire rubbed in full turn / reverse at back of wheel well. Looked good but had them take them off since they rubbed.

OP
OP
R

racerx20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Max Trac looks nice I just don't want to go that high, just looking to level.

jsobera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
275/60/20. Falken Wildpeak With 9" +1 offset rims. I originally had stock +18 offset rims with 1 1/2 spacers. When I got the new rims the shop left the spacers on by mistake and with +1 offset and 1 1/2" spacer the tire rubbed in full turn / reverse at back of wheel well. Looked good but had them take them off since they rubbed.

jkeiffer,

the bilsteins work on a 2wd in the front?

OCbuilder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had stock arms with 20s and 2” CST coils/Fox shocks. I think they are more or less the same coil.

The only issue I experienced was the stock arm barely hitting the coil bucket when the suspension would compress then quickly be at full droop. Like when I would go over high profile speed bumps a little too fast. The installer said it wouldn’t be an issue, but I had CST arms put on about 6 months later because the clunk of it hitting bothered me. I guess it’s possible the CST coils are more aggressive because the other poster with RCs didn’t mention experiencing this.

Other than that it was fine and aligned well for the 6 months before I had upper arms put on. I agree with the other poster that coils def stiffen the ride though and it’s not “smooth” like stock. I personally like the way it handles better (tighter) than stock.

BombSq030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had the Maxtracs with 35x12.50s. They were a little stiff but nothing unbearable. Otherwise no other issues