Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the factory 3.0 head unit am I wasting my money putting either the mopar kicker setup or just kicker speakers that match the factory sizing in my doors and dash. Should I upgrade the head unit and if I do upgrade the head unit I'm going to use kenwood or alpine just my preferred choices. Does the 3.0 have any type of amp to it just trying to get the guys who have done these upgrades opinions

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
No external amp on the 3.0, its the cheapest of cheap. Upgrading the speakers may help some, I went from the 3.0 to the 5.0 big jump in features minor jump in sound quality, I then went to the 8.4AN much bigger jump in features and very nice jump in sound quality.

I have been contemplating upgrading speakers, but seriously the stock speakers that came with the 3.0 being driven by the 8.4AN sound pretty good to me.

If I went aftermarket I would go with the Alpine X009-ram

Alpine X009-RAM In-Dash Restyle System Navigation receiver — custom-fit replacement radio with 9" screen for select 2013-up Ram trucks at Crutchfield.com