3rd Gen side mirrors conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yitzhak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking to convert my third gen side mirrors to early 2009 side mirrors. Nothing fancy except for powered glass since my 3rd gen has it. I’m wondering not if it’s possible since I’ve seen it done but how would I do it and what would be the caveats on it or difficulties. I’ve seen 3rd gen rams with the side mirrors but never discussed how it’s accomplished. Any help is appreciated

Mule19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just used the amazon and slapped GM style tow mirrors on my 2005. Previous to this truck and my power wagon, I had a Tundra I slapped custom GM style mirrors on from Boost auto parts .com maybe check there.

Mule19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s not to hard, it more so is how much wiring are you willing to do to make them fully compatible.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
The mounts are different I believe, so you'd have to make a custom bracket or possibly find some lookalikes on Amazon that are compatible with your '06