4” or 6”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Truck lifted PS.jpg

I had the same dilemma you're having. I was certain I wanted a 4" lift. I didn't want anything too tall, just a bit over stock. I researched pictures and talked with @Nick@GotExhaust as well as @Quick_Shifter extensively. I wasn't sure what brand lift I wanted either. Which shocks to get? Very undecided. I installed a few lifts myself, but they were easy, driveway type kits.

After a completely over the top, OCD fueled research process I settled on the Zone 6" kit, with Fox 2.5 coil overs in front and Fox 2.0's in the rear. Did the 3" springs in the back and have 5" in the front. @Quick_Shifter did the install, which is flawless and I made the purchase from @Nick@GotExhaust, which was drama free.

I absolutely love this truck. It rides better than ANYTHING I've had, looks great, even though I still have the stock sized 33's on her for now.

Trust this site. Lots of great members with VERY helpful information.

Good luck.

Bob

Last edited:

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
View attachment 480907

I had the same dilemma you're having. I was certain I wanted a 4" lift. I didn't want anything too tall, just a bit over stock. I researched pictures and talked with @Nick@GotExhaust as well as @Quick_Shifter extensively. I wasn't sure what brand lift I wanted either. Which shocks to get? Very undecided. I installed a few lifts myself, but they were easy, driveway type kits.

After a completely over the top, OCD fueled research process I settled on the Zone 6" kit, with Fox 2.5 coil overs in front and Fox 2.0's in the rear. Did the 3" springs in the back and have 5" in the front. @Quick_Shifter did the install, which is flawless and I made the purchase from @Nick@GotExhaust, which was drama free.

I absolutely love this truck. It rides better than ANYTHING I've had, looks great, even though I still have the stock sized 33's on her still.

Good luck.

Bob
I completely agree with RJL1, Nick has helped me several times with great prices & advice! Quick_Shifter is the best mechanic I’ve ever been to, I take my truck nowhere else. Extremely knowledgeable & a perfectionist, close enough or it should be okay isn’t in his vocabulary They will not steer you wrong!

Attachments

• EF95E97E-14F7-4A5B-BC43-1AE6E3E91AFE.jpeg
    EF95E97E-14F7-4A5B-BC43-1AE6E3E91AFE.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 04A7CA89-A321-4A35-B2AC-1655B372D596.jpeg
    04A7CA89-A321-4A35-B2AC-1655B372D596.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
W

westcoasting

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 480907

I absolutely love this truck. It rides better than ANYTHING I've had, looks great, even though I still have the stock sized 33's on her still.

Good luck.

Bob
Thanks! Yes after an hour of reading this forum I knew that quick shifter and Nick were a very valuable resource here :) do you tow with your truck at all?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted to run 37s so I did a 4" and super happy with it.

But If I had to do it all over again id just go for the 6"

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
As long as it’s not rough country you’re good. Unless you’re collecting rent 330D98BF-1878-4403-8AD5-90F0F0BA8A39.jpeg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks! Yes after an hour of reading this forum I knew that quick shifter and Nick were a very valuable resource here :) do you tow with your truck at all?
Thanks Nick is the man. It’s next level customer service

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
View attachment 480907

Good luck.

Bob
Sits just right :waytogo:

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
People say all sorts of stuff.. trouble is we all have different expectations, different habits, different needs, drive in different conditions.

I think the substance of what you're asking is that nearly all 4 inch or larger lifts are the exact same amount of work to install. Lifts under 2.5" are less work than 4" lifts, but 6" lifts are the exact same amount of work as 4" lifts if all that matters to you is cost-per-inch.
The alternative is buying (or not buying) based on actual need but if people bought lifts based on what they actually need almost nobody would buy any lift.
Exactly, I'm in on the desert, I see no advantage in a lift at all.

Alweeja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How much does the lift change the gas mileage? Just curious

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much does the lift change the gas mileage? Just curious
Your biggest hit is tire size and weight. I leveled my truck and had negligible difference. Went to stock size AT tires and lost about 1 mpg. Went to 35s and lost another 2 or 3 mpg.

Ironhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would a 6” lift work on an ‘06 Mega cab alright and what parts would need replaced and what wheels and tires to replace stock 285 70 17”?

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have not to this point. When I do tow something at all typically it's just a small 8' trailer with a quad on the back or my larger 16' trailer with a few quads on the trailer and one in the bed. That'll be this summer as we're getting our Banshees up and running this winter.

OP
OP
W

westcoasting

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not to this point. When I do tow something at all typically it's just a small 8' trailer with a quad on the back or my larger 16' trailer with a few quads on the trailer and one in the bed. That'll be this summer as we're getting our Banshees up and running this winter.
Your truck is perfect! How did you decide on Fox 2.5 instead of 2.0?

Tunaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want to haul a 5th wheel, which is the ONLY reason I bought a 3/4 ton truck a 4" lift is no worse than 6". If it wasn't such hassle I'd lower my stock3/4 a couple inches, lots easier to even out the 5th wheel.