4" Mopar Lift w/ 17" Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LouisInfurchia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello!
I purchased the mopar 4" lift I think its super lift rebranded.
I currently have 17" method wheels 0 offset 4.75 backspacing.
looks like it they say it only works with 18" plus. not sure if thats just for stock wheels or what.

I've seen people run 17" wheels with lifts on the 4th gen rams. I was wondering if anyone was successful with a similar setup.

Thanks for your help!

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you have enough backspacing, 17’s are fine ... Check Superlift’s website ... I believe they have the wheel specs that work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LouisInfurchia

LouisInfurchia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have enough backspacing, 17’s are fine ... Check Superlift’s website ... I believe they have the wheel specs that work

These are their suggestions:

35 x 12.5 18 x 9 Backspacing: 4.25 - 5
35 x 12.5 20 x 9 Back Spacing: 5

Wheels - An 18” diameter or larger wheel must be used with this system. Factory 17” and 18” wheels do not work. Wheel recommendations:

* 18” diameter x 9” wide (maximum) with a maximum backspacing of 5”, or * 20” diameter x 9” wide (maximum) with a maximum backspacing of 5-1/2”

Tires - 35” diameter x 12.50” wide

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hello!
looks like it they say it only works with 18" plus. not sure if thats just for stock wheels or what.

I've seen people run 17" wheels with lifts on the 4th gen rams. I was wondering if anyone was successful with a similar setup.

Thanks for your help!

Play it safe and go with Zone or BDS they work with 17" wheels with 4.5" Backspacing

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
17’s will fit, fellow meme we on here ran 17’s on his 4” Mopar lift.........

Can’t recall his forum name, truck was green, really sharp. Iirc, he has a 2500 now.

OP
OP
LouisInfurchia

LouisInfurchia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
17’s will fit, fellow meme we on here ran 17’s on his 4” Mopar lift.........

Can’t recall his forum name, truck was green, really sharp. Iirc, he has a 2500 now.
Yea I saw that, I think his wheels were 4.5 back spacing. vs mine that are 4.75. I don't think a 1/4" will make much of a difference. But I think I'll have wheel spacers on hand just to be safe.

Thanks for the response!

Udeluz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello!

Thanks for your help!
I have 17x9 Cockstars on my 4th Gen

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 40 on 17s with a 6in lift on my second gen my 4th gens will be getting the same here this well. My PW has 40s on it to

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've got a 4" Rough Country lift and their site said that the wheel had to be 20" (IIRC??) and I'm running 17" wheels. It really comes down to if they replace the steering knuckle to get the lift or if they just add spacers above the front shock/strut like a leveling kit. Mine is the leveling kit version and i'm not hitting anything with my 35x12.5x17 BF Goodrich AT KO2 tires. I love the sidewall except when it comes to where I really need the handling. lol. I did have to do a little trimming but not bad at all.IMG_0347.jpg

OP
OP
LouisInfurchia

LouisInfurchia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a 4" Rough Country lift and their site said that the wheel had to be 20" (IIRC??) and I'm running 17" wheels. It really comes down to if they replace the steering knuckle to get the lift or if they just add spacers above the front shock/strut like a leveling kit. Mine is the leveling kit version and i'm not hitting anything with my 35x12.5x17 BF Goodrich AT KO2 tires. I love the sidewall except when it comes to where I really need the handling. lol. I did have to do a little trimming but not bad at all.View attachment 166746

Yea I am running 17" Wheels with 35s with a 2" level at the moment. The mopar 4" lift requires steering knuckles. I am assuming your kit came with different UAC's?

From most responses it seems like its going to work regardless. worst case I have to run wheel spacers...

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea I am running 17" Wheels with 35s with a 2" level at the moment. The mopar 4" lift requires steering knuckles. I am assuming your kit came with different UAC's?

From most responses it seems like its going to work regardless. worst case I have to run wheel spacers...

No. It had stock ucas in it. I double checked with Rough Country and they said they were stock Mopar parts for my truck. The knuckle was stock too. They used a spacer above my front struts to give it the lift/leveling for a 4” lift.

OP
OP
LouisInfurchia

LouisInfurchia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That looks pretty close to it but I have Rancho shocks all the way around my truck. I called Rough Country and they said that I have stock upper control arms and stock length brake lines as I was considering going with stainless braided brake lines all around my truck and needed new upper ball joints. The kit was put on by the original owner long before I bought the truck, but the parts look pretty close to what I see on my truck now minus the different brand name shocks.

OP
OP
LouisInfurchia

LouisInfurchia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks pretty close to it but I have Rancho shocks all the way around my truck. I called Rough Country and they said that I have stock upper control arms and stock length brake lines as I was considering going with stainless braided brake lines all around my truck and needed new upper ball joints. The kit was put on by the original owner long before I bought the truck, but the parts look pretty close to what I see on my truck now minus the different brand name shocks.

Oh Nice! also what are the specs on your wheels? Offset Backspacing width?