4th Gen Remote start for under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
I don't suppose the d-ball kit will remote start via phone/uconnect?

I have a feeling not.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't suppose the d-ball kit will remote start via phone/uconnect?

I have a feeling not.

It will! If you buy the optional Smart Start module it can interface with the DBall. Then you can use a phone app. I think smart start has a yearly fee though.

Ray

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for the delay i havent been on in a while. Im at work right now, but when i get home i sure will.

No problem. I actually found the Doug guy on ebay and messaged him. He said the 2013 parts are being worked on, tested, debugged and will be available soon. He also offered to put me on a list to be notified when the 2013 parts are available.

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont want to read through the whole thread, I just ordered: DIRECTED ELECTRONICS XPRESSKIT NEW TIP START T HARNESS CHTHD1, and DEI Xpresskit DBALL DB-ALL w/chrysler V3.10.

Two questions, is that the right program for my truck, and does this kit have a shutoff after like 10 minutes of running after start?

EDIT: i talked to the seller and he is flashing the correct program.

Does the remote start kill the truck after a certain amount of runtime or does it just run until you turn it off?

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
15 min normally although you can ask the seller to set it for any amount of time you wish

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I like that it turns off. I wouldn't want to forget I started it and leave it running all day or something.

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got all my parts in and got it installed. The t-harness was a PITA to get the female end out of the male end. I thought I was going to break it. Works good though.

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone else's low tire indicator come on for about a second after turning the key to run after remote starting? I don't have evic.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Does anyone else's low tire indicator come on for about a second after turning the key to run after remote starting? I don't have evic.

Yes just for a second I have EVIC.

$miley

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

My Journey does the same thing. Not sure why, it works either way.

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After I read that other peoples vehicles were doing it too, i figured its probably just a way for the computer to tell me 'hey, i recognize your key'.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Awesome, does anyone with a 13 with the keyless entry/ignition have this on theirs yet? Would really like to have remote start on mine

karposvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Read though all 20 pages and didn't see it mentioned, but you guys know you can hook up the parking lights and they'll come on when you start it with the 3x lock right? Just see everyone saying it takes 5 mins to install. Takes alittle longer to hook up the parking lights...

thapr3dat0r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Read though all 20 pages and didn't see it mentioned, but you guys know you can hook up the parking lights and they'll come on when you start it with the 3x lock right? Just see everyone saying it takes 5 mins to install. Takes alittle longer to hook up the parking lights...

Thats good info. I would like that on mine. Any special way to do this or is it in the instructions?

Thanks

karposvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It's in the instructions, but if you just glance at them you'd probably miss it...

I have the T Harness, but you have to use the extra red harness that comes in the box. It has a bunch of wires coming out of it, you only need the purple/green, purple/brown for the parking lights. Splice both wires into the all white wire coming off the plug for the headlights. If you want to hook up the accessory rap its the black/yellow wire and you splice it into the purple wire in the harness behind the drivers kick panel.

Now when I start it, it flashes 3 times because of hitting the lock button and then the lights come, then the truck starts and they stay on til you put in the key and turn to on. If I start it and turn it off without getting in it, it shuts off and the lights blink 3 or 4 times...

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
yeah I found it. watched a youtube vid then found doug on ebay