4wd issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DKD15

Reaction score
Ram Year
16, 19, 12
Engine
5.7, 3.6
Hey,

2016 1500 tradesman, 4x4, (winter beater). My service 4wd light came on and is now stuck on.

Backstory. My passenger cv shaft is stuck/ seized in the diff (needs a new front diff), the cv cup is still stuck in the diff but the rest of the shaft was removed for safety. so for the last year I've be driving only in 2wd without issue, noises, or grinding.

My question is, if it is the tcase actuator motor, can I not just ignore the service code and keep sending it? Or am I setting myself up for a big ticket repair? She going to the dealer Monday for dynogstic to confirm my theory.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can rebuild the front diff. The Stealersh!t will tell you you cant but thats normal SOP for those scumbags.

Plenty of good shop in Edmonton, Check out the Berta Ram FB group to get pointed in the right direction.

T case motor code wont hurt anything.

Last edited:

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try unhooking the battery for a while usually gets rid of my service 4x4 comes up every few months common on these trucks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey,

2016 1500 tradesman, 4x4, (winter beater). My service 4wd light came on and is now stuck on.

Backstory. My passenger cv shaft is stuck/ seized in the diff (needs a new front diff), the cv cup is still stuck in the diff but the rest of the shaft was removed for safety. so for the last year I've be driving only in 2wd without issue, noises, or grinding.

My question is, if it is the tcase actuator motor, can I not just ignore the service code and keep sending it? Or am I setting myself up for a big ticket repair? She going to the dealer Monday for dynogstic to confirm my theory.
These guys are out of Canada.Watch their video. You can also remove the front driveshaft,then it doesn't matter what the T-case does.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat