5.2 to Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MACDAMMITMAN415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Hello everyone I'm new here.
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext Cab with a 5.2l Magnum. Just replaced the water pump then I heard clanking noise somewhere towards the front of the motor. Now if I try to start it .. it just sounds like it's spinning fast with no kick.
I'm hoping I kinda explained it. The sound is new to me.

So my question is if I have a Hemi 5.7 out of a car can I install it in my truck?
The motor came out of a 2016 Charger. Just curious if it will work or should I just break my motor down?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rebuild what you have , it would be a whole lot more of everything to make the hemi work. Hope all goes well for you.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext Cab with a 5.2l Magnum. Just replaced the water pump then I heard clanking noise somewhere towards the front of the motor. Now if I try to start it .. it just sounds like it's spinning fast with no kick.

So my question is if I have a Hemi 5.7 out of a car can I install it in my truck?
The motor came out of a 2016 Charger. Just curious if it will work or should I just break my motor down?
This page is dedicated to swapping the later hemi into an earlier chassis.Might be worth joining and asking a few questions. John at Boosted MotorSports is another guy to track down,as he's done a few swaps.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

A book you might want to also pick up.

Last edited: