5.7 392 Stroker Build HP Gain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilcarnup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
i just got a quote from the only hemi engine builder in Aus to do a cam and stroker kit......FARRRRRRRRKKKK.....30k AUD.....thats nuts....i reckon theres a tonne of "cantbeassedmoney" in there...
Which mobs this? If you order the bits in from summit/jegs/whoever can supply stroker kit parts and then have a competent workshop do the build could well be cheaper.
I'd still think that going with the harrop blower is the best solution, have you actually spoken with your insurer and gotten the word back from them regarding the premium increase? Tried other insurers such as Shannons who are geared more towards these kinds of things (enthuasists/performance car owners/etc).

Heck talk to Patriot Campers and see who they used?

OP
OP
B

BrendansRAM1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive spoken to a number of insurers and they all say that they dont cover the truck if its modified with a supercharger.....shannons will insure it if i can keep it in a garage overnight....unfortunately i cant fit it in a garage...club4x4 said they can insure it however it was nearly $20k per year!!!!....

the quote for the engine build was from Dontex....i have two more insurance options, QBE and possibly getting a broker to write up a insurance policy and go out for tender......my last option would be heads, headers, exhaust, cam and tune and hopefully get a decent enough increase...

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Maybe, and this is just a suggestion, look at doing a performance camshaft, with ported/CNC'd headsv(matched cam/heads), long tube headers, ported throttle body with tuning/programming, ported intake as well. You may get a decent bump up in HP with those alone and you won't have to worry about paying a shop for the machine work needed for a stroker and the engine will look factory aside from the headers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat