6.7L CTD (OEM) Oil & Transmission Coolers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
After doing a small search I found nothing on my question so I will ask due to my Curiosity, for the fact I will be towing quite often in the future.

Of course my build sheet said nothing on this matter due to they figure the less you know the better.

I really have no desire to tear the front end of my new ram apart just to see how many oil coolers and transmission coolers the 6.7L Cummins comes equipped with from the factory?
I have read in other places, owners talking about duel in line transmission coolers within their 6.7L Cummins really helping with the transmission cooling during the hot summer months.

At this point in time I have no idea or no clue if duel in line oil or transmission coolers are an available option with the 6.7L.

I know this part of the form is not used very much at all so I probably won’t receive very many if any responses.
But if anybody knows for 100% certain that Ram offers (as a option) duel in-line oil or transmission coolers on their Cummins models from the factory please can you comment.

I figured if they did the only models would be with the 1-Ton with the HO Cummins motor.

Thanks

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The service manual says all diesels with auto transmission are equipped with both a main water to oil cooler and a separate air to oil cooler. Both cooler are standard with auto transmission..

Not sure if that helps? Don't know of any option from the dealer to add anything else?