60750 Miles and Exhaust Manifold leak...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel your pain. Even if the dealer did replace the exhaust manifold, you still would most likely have the same issue down the road.

It seems that the manifolds warp like hell and break the bolts, and once they are sanded or milled flat, they never do it again.

A very common issue, so many here have been through it. All that can be done is pay to have it fixed, or DIY.

I let mine go for way too long, prob 40k miles or more, until I couldn't take it sounding like ****, then I caved and fixed it.

I'm sure you might find a decent exhaust shop in your area where you might find a decent price, all you can do is ask around. See if they machine the manifolds, etc.

Wish you the best for a complete and lasting fix.
I’m at that point it’s bugging me this started two years ago but yeah said look on oil changes and of course they couldn’t replicate. So now when I hear they will put new studs and id assume a gasket but never true them up, why would I pay 3 to 5 for something that’s gonna happen again?

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Don't blame you one bit, and so many of us have had it happen, some more than once.

My biggest problem is not having the scratch to pay someone to do the work, so I end up DIYing.

Just remember, it can always be worse.

GSSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just called a local Ram dealer about my 2016 1500 that just started leaking. His response to whether the repair is covered under the emission warranty was "absolutely". I had talked to another closer dealer that has given me excellent service in the past. They told me not covered.

Thanks gofishn :waytogo:
So I go to my appointment at the dealer this morning. They said emissions warranty does not cover this and the parts are back ordered for long time anyways.

I will be doing this myself. Any issues with any of the aftermarket manifolds that are available?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I just did my 14 RT and installed headers. It's interesting, I have done 3 separate rams and all have been different. My 11 broken studs, mostly parked inside but in various climates. My 16, always inside. Single cold climate no broken bolts, preventative measure at 70k.

My 14, always inside single moderate humid climate 70k, preventative and performance measure. No broken bolts.

The one common thing on my small sample size is consistent parking inside.

On my 14, I literally took the bolts out of the heads, cold with minimal effort. One spray of penetrating oil and 5 minutes later unscrew the bolt.

Both of my manifolds were flat, not warped.

Not certain I could explain. It seems to be random and by chance