66RFE replacement expectation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn.... I think you might have me beat :) It's funny I got a brand new "crate" engine and you got a re-manufactured. I kind of expected a rebuild of some type.

And yeah, they put me through hell getting the engine approved. I was really glad to have had every bit of service done at the dealer or I'm sure that would have been a hassle. The biggest hurdle was the registration. When my state (Oregon) sends out the form is says "renewal application" across the top because at that point it is a renewal. Well, you pay the fee, etc. and then it becomes your registration. They just couldn't get passed that and said is wasn't a current registration. Despite the fact that I had the title, the keys.... THE TRUCK :) I can't remember what finally convinced them but it was a couple tense weeks.
I don't know why I said I got a remanufactured engine. I got a new crate engine also. I think because of 2 reman transmissions that was on my mind.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't know why I said I got a remanufactured engine. I got a new crate engine also. I think because of 2 reman transmissions that was on my mind.
Yeah, they rebuilt my tranny both times. My engine ended up with metal shavings throughout it and I guess there's no reliable way of getting them all out.