8.4 conversion.. wow! Still have questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VR Nicastro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I read through “most “ of the thread on this but I may have missed a few things.
I have a 2016 Tradesmen Ecodiesel Regular Cab 8’ bed 4X4. it originally had the 3.0 radio with XM but I installed the Phoenix Tesla style 12.1. I hate it!
I want to see if I have things straight with this 8.4 conversion with CarPlay. My truck came with hands free, backup camera in the rear view mirror and I also added steering wheel volume controls.
The Bezel-
I can use the dual zone style but only one side of the buttons will work unless I make the modifications, new harness and update the HVAC controller, correct?
911 override- This is easy to make but you “could” install the correct mirror along with making another harness and updating to the fin style antenna that has the GPS/XM and cell antenna built in.
USB hub- The Jeep compass one will work but I couldn’t find the correct wiring diagram and cable adapter procedure.
Backup camera- it won’t display on the 8.4 without a harness modification.
Microphone- will the one in my truck currently work or do I need to do the 911 mirror upgrade?
I think I missed a few things but if I get some clarification on my questions I’ll remember.
Thanks in advance!