82 wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1982 d150 club cab that isn't getting any fuel. It hasn't run in a year and i changed the fuel filter and knocked some varnish out of the old one. It is sitting in a shallow and the rear of the pickup is probably a foot and a half lower then the front. I took the fuel line off at the carb and its not not pumping any gas when you turn the engine over. Should i just bite the bullit and get a new fuel pump or does the way its sitting have anything to do. the pickup will run as long as its being fed.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
There is gas in the tank right? A fuel pump on an '82 is cheap and easy to replace. If you replace the fuel pump and it still won't pull gas then I'd look for a clogged fuel line or a hole in the line somewhere.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
have you tried testing the pump to make sure the blockage is not in the tank? really not too hard to pump gas from a jerry can up to the carb for testing purposes.