8HP75 Transmission Fluid Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated above try doing a full service on the transmission with a new pan and filter,and go from there.
When you pull the battery posts,are you taking it out for a drive right after,and driving it like you stole it.
The 8 speed learns your driving habits,and i'm wondering if that just might be some of your issues, maybe you're babying it to much after the battery disconnect.
Do a battery disconnect when it's warm,then go drive it like it's a rental truck,lol
That's a fair point lol I usually take it easier but maybe I'm doing it all wrong and need to show the truck a good time after the battery pull.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So, if leveling the truck altered the fluid level in the 8HP70 enough to impact transmission operation, like rough shifting, then my RAM should have come with a dash placard indicating I should never haul any weight that would compress the rear springs enough to…level the truck…
:cool: :oops:

Best,
RI

Sunnibobs47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's such a dynamic equation on when to change the fluid. My 1500 SLT 4x2 was used for construction project walk downs/inspections/over sight, therefore never towed or hauled much worth stressing the transmission...high miles though for sure running about the midwest states (OH to KS).

I noticed trans temp running 200+degrees F at highway speeds in both summer and winter conditions. Changed pan/filter/fluid at 112K mileage and same conditions dropped the running temp down to 178-184 degrees F. Likewise, oil PSI reading shifted from 52psi @ 75mph down to 51psi @ 75mph...less friction all around.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That's a fair point lol I usually take it easier but maybe I'm doing it all wrong and need to show the truck a good time after the battery pull.
My truck shifts a lot more aggressively for a few days after I tow something. It will continue to learn as you drive it in my experience.