99 Ram Transmission Sub Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishhawk30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I went to Midas to get my brakes installed that I bought, the brakes was not the issue, supposedly the muffler was rubbing on my Transmission sub frame and the mechanic had to move the muffler over to stop the squelching every time I pressed the brakes. He gave me an estimate for the transmission sub frame of $ 274.03 plus $192.50 for labor and I guess I need a cross member mount for $ 82.59. He said that these parts were custom coming from Dodge itself or I could try searching a junk yard. I went to Wal-Mart that same day to get tire prices and the guy told me about this website called RockAuto.com. Now when I searched for these parts the only thing I was able to come up with was a thing called 1999 DODGE RAM 1500 PICKUP 5.2L V8 : Transmission-Automatic : Transmission Mount . for $10.75. the picture looks a whole lot like the cross member mount so I am stump here since the site has no forum and can not ask. What is your guys input on this topic. Save me $ 549.12 here i'm out of ideas. Junk yards around New York is extremely shady.
getimage.php

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I don't believe that's the sub-frame, however that IS the trans. mount.

Can't say I've heard of the cross member going bad, but that mount bolts to the crossmember. If that's what the issue is, you're good.

OP
OP
Irishhawk30

Irishhawk30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Thank you, I looked at the picture I posted and really does look a lot like the cross member mount or transmission mount. So would I buy this then, he said that's were all the torque goes and if it goes I'm screwed and the transmission sub frame the thing I need the most is bent and really old it's only hanging really low to the ground, if you go up a steep drive way it will hit it. I did this once and made a huge bang noise one reason it's currently bend

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If the crossmember is hanging low you're going to need a new crossmember. Can you get pictures?

OP
OP
Irishhawk30

Irishhawk30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
If the crossmember is hanging low you're going to need a new crossmember. Can you get pictures?

Sure it's 10:22pm right now but i'm sure my camera flash will grab it really good give me 10minutes be right back

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
YEEAH, you're gonna need a new crossmember.

Unless you've got a buddy that does metalworking.

OP
OP
Irishhawk30

Irishhawk30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Lol I don't have friends:owned: :), now when you say Cross member first picture or second*

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Oh, poor fella, I know the feeling. lol

You need both, actually, the mount is the rubber thing that bolts to the crossmember which in turn attaches to the frame.

OP
OP
Irishhawk30

Irishhawk30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Oh, poor fella, I know the feeling. lol

You need both, actually, the mount is the rubber thing that bolts to the crossmember which in turn attaches to the frame.

So I should buy that first picture I linked that is the Crossmember Mount and the thing it attaches to is called the Transmission Sub Frame correct. Any idea were I can get that transmission sub frame from do not really want to pay $466.53 for that stupid thing.

A lot I need advice on. I need new electrical wirings and I mean ALL headlamp wiring sunroof wiring just everything, dark as heck at night time when the door are open.

And two I really want to get a lift for it but I have zero knowledge on the stuff I need or were to get it. Found buying stuff I need and having a mechanic install it is so much cheaper

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So I should buy that first picture I linked that is the Crossmember Mount and the thing it attaches to is called the Transmission Sub Frame correct. Any idea were I can get that transmission sub frame from do not really want to pay $466.53 for that stupid thing.

A lot I need advice on. I need new electrical wirings and I mean ALL headlamp wiring sunroof wiring just everything, dark as heck at night time when the door are open.

And two I really want to get a lift for it but I have zero knowledge on the stuff I need or were to get it. Found buying stuff I need and having a mechanic install it is so much cheaper

The mount is usually just referred to as a transmission mount. lol The crossmember it sits on is referred to as a transmission crossmember. :D Don't get much simpler.

If you could find a junkyard truck that was 2WD and had the transmission removed in theory you could yank the crossmember out of it.

You should start a separate thread for your wiring troubles though. ;) Much easier that way.

OP
OP
Irishhawk30

Irishhawk30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
That's for a truck with a super low suspension drop, you're looking for something more like this: 1997 Dodge RAM 5 9 Cummins Turbo Diesel Transmission Crossmember | eBay

Granted, that's for a Cummins truck, but you get the idea. From my looking anything you get is going to have to come from the used market, aka eBay or junkyard.

nice that one is so better. dang you 97. what about

99 00 01 02 03 04 300M Front Suspension Crossmember Transmission Support Frame | eBay

balls This part is not compatible with 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Extended Cab Pickup 2-Door.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Nope. You've got a 2WD right?
Then you need to look for a crossmember for a 99 1500 auto transmission, RWD.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That's for a transfer case skid plate. Won't work. I know, I have one. lol Won't even hold up your transmission.