A few questions about the Ram 1500 BH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Britgeezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have some questions that I would have liked to ask before purchase - but you know how hard it is to get the perfect vehicle...

My truck will come with Parkview rear back up through the Uconnect 8.4A, is it possible to add the sonic proximity detectors? My original selection had that feature. I know I would have to drill the bumper and add the sensor - but is the wiring loom ready for it?

I have a Duraliner bed liner in my exiting Dakota and love it - is it a good choice for the Ram? Happily, there is no spray in bed liner.

Again my Extang Trifecta Tonneau cover was great with the Dakota, I assume its still a good choice with the Ram. Or are there better options?

BG

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
For the park sensors, yes they can be added but it's not going to look like a factory system.

OP
OP
B

Britgeezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the park sensors, yes they can be added but it's not going to look like a factory system.

Thanks for the answer, is the difference use or appearance based? Any links to where I could see the end result?

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You should of got the park assist from the factory I wouldn't add it. I have seen some post that says it didn't work out adding it.Have you picked up the truck yet, if not than don't get it and get what you want. Bedliner is personal choice I've had the drop in liners in the last 5 trucks I've owned with no problems.

OP
OP
B

Britgeezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should of got the park assist from the factory I wouldn't add it. I have seen some post that says it didn't work out adding it.Have you picked up the truck yet, if not than don't get it and get what you want. Bedliner is personal choice I've had the drop in liners in the last 5 trucks I've owned with no problems.
Yes you are probably right about adding the park assist, it wasn't an essential thing - I just wanted to know if it was possible to add later.