A first "Ah ha" moment with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WISluggo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My ram is my first pick-up ever, so I have been sharing my "firsts" with this crowd for a little laugh. Today on the drive into work I pulled in the parking deck and the concrete was wet due to the fog and rain we have been having. I took the first turn to go up the next level and hit the gas. The engine reved, but the truck wasn't really going anywhere...then I realized I broke traction and the back wheels were spinning. I eased up on the throttle and climbed up the rest of the ramps, and it also gave me an opportunity to try the 4x4 auto function of the truck which seemed to work fine.

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These Hemi's do have a lot of low end torque so it's not hard to break em lose on wet/damp pavement and I would imagine that cement would be much worse.

Diller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
On top of the great power and super low gearing (if you have the 8 speed), the limited slip diff is pretty tight so any input in the steering will get the back end spinning quickly. I was really surprised how easy it is in this truck.

I Got a Hemi!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi!
I did the same thing this weekend. It was rainy out and I needed to make a U turn. I decided to steer with the rear a bit and was surprised how quick the rear end tried to come around. Definately be mindful of the road conditions when using the throttle to steer.

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah that U turn can turn into a couple of O turns REAL quick :banana-mario:

RedDevil73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's sort of embarrassing to fishtail on wet surfaces, but I'd bet most truck owners do it once in a while. It's just the nature of these beasts. All the power is back there under the lightest part of the vehicle. Keeps your skid reflexes sharp, though.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMO, Chrysler's ESP traction control is a little more forgiving than Ford's Advance Trac. Chrysler's seem to allow more spinnage.

nvexpress13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hell I broke the rear end loose the other day on damp pavement just by giving it a little throttle when the speed limit changed.