About to buy 2018 truck ....Ram1500 or F-150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannyb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL... I have driven them both and they both are great! There are a few things about the Ram interior that I really like. Things that would normally low on the list move to the top on two vehicles so closely matched. The Ford dealer offers a free Lifetime Powertrain warranty that the Ram dealer doesn't.
I agree that ALL manfacturers have a clunker once in a while. I don't think that any of the top 3 brands make "Yugos" any more. Modern manufacturing has raised the quality so much.
Are there any know issues with the 2018 Laramie 2wd or 4wd????

geezer336

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To me that ecoboost is getting 10 lbs. outa a 6 lb. sack . I just don't see how the lower ends will survive . Just my 2 centavos .

Dannyb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having owned a small business, I bought 2017 Chevy, gmc, dodge and fords. All the vehicles are good trucks. My personal vehicle is and has been Rams since 2014. Having just recently purchase a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited I will have to give the Rams the best in class. The truck is amazing, yes it’s one of the most expensive trims, but it’s awesome. Best advise is do the research, test drive and then test drive again. I chose the Limited fully loaded except sun roof, with hemi,392 gears, combined mileage is 18.5 combined and 22 interstate. The gears give better inter-city acceleration with no lag in torque or power. Good luck!

Harleydavidson19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What made you trade it in?

Sorry just seen this. Tired of dealing with random issues. One day went to pull away from stop light and something happened with electronic throttle or something( forgot what they said) but i was stuck driving home at 20 mph with pedal to the floor. Different day went to pass someone on hwy and it went from gear 10 to 3 to 5 to 3 it had no clue which gear it wanted and it took 5 or more seconds to decide, in the mean time that delay almost had me run off the road by a semi that decided to merge and I had a semi behind me so only place to go was forward and fast. Just a few of my many complaints. Had a 5.0 in older one prior and regret selling it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jughed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Crew Long Bed
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've owned both - the Ford was a long time ago - and I've rented/towed long distance with an ECO.

The ECO has more usable towing power than the Hemi. Low end torque is amazing for a 6cly gasser. But I would rather own a N/A larger displacement engine for the long haul.

I'm not a brand specific person - the IMHO the Ford is a bit nicer of a truck, but not worth the extra $$. Nor do I think its a better truck...