ABS code--Service Electreonic Brake--thoughts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edhackem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've owned this truck 2016 Ram Bighorn 4x4 3.6 eng for about a year. It was a rebuild so has an R title. I've been slowly working the bugs out of it and this is the last one. Shows this ABS code at random--doesn't have any affect on performance. Randomly comes on and disappears when key is turned off. Might not show for a few hundred miles, and then comes on. Asked my mechanic to scan it when it was getting inspected and he said there were no stored ABS codes. Any ideas? Maybe a ghost code? Is there a way to disable it? Thx in advance--

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Does your mechanic have a scan tool that can retrieve abs codes? A lot of cheap ones can only retrieve P codes.

OP
OP
E

edhackem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
he said he scanned the ABS computer and there were no stored codes. I have a tool to do the P codes from the engine mgmt computer. I had a few errands to run today and it came up again. When you key off it seems to clear it. I read somewhere to make sure all fuses are seated properly, so I did that when I got back. It doesn't have any effect on performance--I see that the cruise control won't work for some people, no so here. All works fine.

OP
OP
E

edhackem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok still getting the warning light--like I said other than the light there's no lose in performance of any kind--might be time for a strategically located piece of electrical tape

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Any chance it also says to service 4WD as well? I had an issue in my 2015 RAM 1500 and it ended up being a wheel speed sensor. Every so often it would say "Service ABS" and Service 4WD". I'd lose ABS, Traction Control, and 4WD. When I was able to pull the code myself I saw "Lost Vehicle Speed Message" and "Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor-Signal Erratic"

OP
OP
E

edhackem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's "Service Electronic Brake" with the vehicle dropping squiggly lines behind it as the CEL--