ABS light flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allis4ever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Changed out computer after flashing got a flashing abs light and a code 83 tire rotation out of sync. How do I clear flashing light my code tester will not clear.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The cheapest way is to unhook the negative " black " side of your battery for 15 minutes.

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Normally, if its flashing there's an immediate problem, it wont go away until you repair the issue. Now, are your tires all the same size or bigger than OEM?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi Magnum 5.7
Ok so first thing I would do is check your speed sensors. If you have aftermarket rims and/or tires though, they might affect your speed sensors, sending that code to your abs module causing it to turn off therefore throwing a code

OP
OP
A

Allis4ever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am using a code reader. Was told that the Dodge folks would have to flash the ABS into the PCU that code readers and scanners that are after market will not clear the code or put the correct data into the new PCU

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can live with the ABS lit up......I'd just pull the fuse.
ABS was actually designed for those that don't know how to drive in the snow.

Lots of issues for many different makes and the sensors are ridiculously expensive.....pull the fuse.