Adam's int cleaners just not cutting it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First off, I like most of Adam's products and the interior of my truck gets destroyed by my 3pups. That being said, their interior cleaner, detail, and conditioning doesnt work for me. Anyone reccomend better?20181230_124935.jpg 20181230_124949.jpg

These where after all three where used, taken about 15mins after application

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Polish angel products
Jay

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you referring to the "valleys" in the texture not being clean? Or just overall?

I use Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel along with a soft boars hair brush to get into textures like that. Always comes out great.

Maybe just adding the brush would help you more than replacing the product?

OP
OP
Itsme71190

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you referring to the "valleys" in the texture not being clean? Or just overall?

I use Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel along with a soft boars hair brush to get into textures like that. Always comes out great.

Maybe just adding the brush would help you more than replacing the product?

I figured brushes would come up. I ordered a set earlier, awaiting their arrival

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I use Lexol Leather Cleaner and a basic electric tooth brush.

http://www.lexol.com/product/leather-care/ph-balanced-leather-cleaner-0

I follow up with Lexol Leather Conditioner.

http://www.lexol.com/product/leather-care/leather-conditioner-1

If it is real bad I use this steam cleaner which conveniently plugs into my dash outlet.

AutoRight SteamMachine C900054.M Red Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner for Cleaning Vehicle’s Upholstery, Windows, Leather, Chemical Free Car Care, 55 psi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JYVLF0Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MyvkCbCF55Y79

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
First off, I like most of Adam's products and the interior of my truck gets destroyed by my 3pups. That being said, their interior cleaner, detail, and conditioning doesnt work for me. Anyone reccomend better?View attachment 150629 View attachment 150630

These where after all three where used, taken about 15mins after application

You used our Leather Interior Cleaner & Conditioner?
I use these products on my Ram all the time and get great results.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/interior/cleaning-conditioning/adam-s-leather-interior-care-kit.html

OP
OP
Itsme71190

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You used our Leather Interior Cleaner & Conditioner?
I use these products on my Ram all the time and get great results.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/interior/cleaning-conditioning/adam-s-leather-interior-care-kit.html
Yes sir. I used your interior cleaner, detail, and leather cleaner/conditioner with the applicator pads. My problem is I have 3 huskys who carry alot of dirt and dander after a day in the mountains. I'm going to try what was mentioned above and spray the cleaner directly onto the surface and rub it with a boars hair brush.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Yes sir. I used your interior cleaner, detail, and leather cleaner/conditioner with the applicator pads. My problem is I have 3 huskys who carry alot of dirt and dander after a day in the mountains. I'm going to try what was mentioned above and spray the cleaner directly onto the surface and rub it with a boars hair brush.

If it's been a while since your leather has been treated it may take a couple passes with the Leather Conditioner to soak in. Make sense?

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have ONE husky! I feel your pain! But 3! That hair must be EVERYWHERE! I loved my Tradesman 2500, had no carpet, I could just blow out the hair!

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Woolite works well for me. Just use the suds and rinse really well with a clean damp towel. Safe for most died materials and won't dry the leather out. Followup with some leather conditioner, Lexol or LeatherOnly after the seats dry and it should help.

woolite.jpg

Raylan Givens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Crew
Engine
I found some stuff from bed bath and beyond (Amazon might have it too).

It is called Rejuvenate leather and vinyl, they make a cleaner, and a conditioner. It seems to be pretty gentle.

I have used a spray bottle with diluted simple green degreaser and a little olive oil shaken together to get a big mess off of a leather sofa. The oil helped it not dry out my leather.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

GMcD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Woolite works well for me. Just use the suds and rinse really well with a clean damp towel. Safe for most died materials and won't dry the leather out. Followup with some leather conditioner, Lexol or LeatherOnly after the seats dry and it should help.

View attachment 150848

I have been using this for years on leather, it works great.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
We always use Meguires APC ( all purpose cleaner) the professional line diluted to different strengths depending on need.

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think just a little brush should do the trick...like a toothbrush like someone else mentioned. Or a cloth with some ridges to get in the grooves

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Leatherique we what I used to use on high end leather seats. Most leather products do it backwards, they are either all in one products that leave a film on leather, or you use the cleaner first and then the conditioner. This is opposite of what you should do, you need the conditioner first to deep into leather and then use a cleaner, here.

The one thing you need to do it correctly is a hot day. Now, the other system we preferred was zaino z9 and z10 which is your standard cleaner the conditioner, because that product didn't leave any type of oily finish and smelled great. But there is nothing like the leatherique system for having conditioner migrate into the coating of your leather that know of. You need both products for car seats, conditioner then cleaner. You can run a portable heater 750 watt in the truck if you want to do it in winter. I'd be careful with 1500 watt ones.

Bottom line there is nothing wrong with those type products, it is the process that can be improved upon. For those products to be successful, you need to be using them more often.

OP
OP
Itsme71190

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up buying boars hair brushes as well as drill attachments (white). I used Adam's all purpose cleaner and scrubbed it in with the drill attachment and used the boars brushes for the smaller areas. Came behind that with their int detail, then their leather conditioning. Did all that last night so I'll look at the dried finished product today

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like Leatherique but I always end up on a thread where people argue it is not necessary for some random high percentage of current automotive leather, because its coated so the oils cant penetrate into it anyway.

Add the fact that the process takes so long, Ive moved over to Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel to clean (everything in the interior, actually) and then Ultima Interior Guard Plus for protection. Ive also tried Carpro's Leather coating and while it seemed to work well, Im not sure it held up long enough for me to justify the long-ish process.

My RAM will be getting its Katzkin leather soon enough, but Im almost 100% sure that is coated leather from day 1 so I will hopefully stick to regular wipedowns with a damp towel and a quarterly deep clean with the shampoo gel.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Depends on the coating and condition of the coating, one look at the OP's coating and I can say it will make his leather subtle feeling. When you see shiney leather you just clean it, when you see faded or drab leather you use leatherique, it is truly food for the hyde. In hot cars leather coatings don't really last long. Anyhow, seams like this guy found something that worked, but the info is here for the next guy.