Add Navigation(?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AP3Photo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I purchased my vehicle off the lot. It has the standard radio with the 4 inch(?) screen. No navigation or anything. Does anyone know if I can add the larger screen radio with navigation after the fact? Suggested vendors? Thanks!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I purchased my vehicle off the lot. It has the standard radio with the 4 inch(?) screen. No navigation or anything. Does anyone know if I can add the larger screen radio with navigation after the fact? Suggested vendors? Thanks!
Yes Sir, you can upgrade after the fact. Check the 4th/5th Gen forums under "Audio and Electronics" and you will find some radio upgrade threads. I said the 4th/5th Gen forums because I dont know if you have a 2019 Classic or not.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with WY-Dave, and there are some nice mounts to mount the Garmin to. I have the 8.4 with navigation and have had issues with it in the past. I keep a Garmin Nuvi in there as well, plus I can enter information into it while moving.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Aftermarket double din with Android auto/crApple Carplay is your answer. Better control over your sound, and can use Google maps or waze

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Easier and helluva lot cheaper to get a standalone unit. Garmin gives free lifetime updates.

View attachment 226155

My factory nav has been junk since new. Learned early on to us my tom tom and forget the original unit and its expensive map updates.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Aftermarket double din with Android auto/crApple Carplay is your answer. Better control over your sound, and can use Google maps or waze

Question on the android radios? On my old phones, I had to be in service to have them work or go through offline maps. Is this the way they work?

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Question on the android radios? On my old phones, I had to be in service to have them work or go through offline maps. Is this the way they work?
First of all, don't look at an android radio, they are pure garbage. Lol at a Kenwood or pioneer, or alpine.
Using Android auto , it saves your frequently visited area maps so you aren't constantly downloading them. It only needs to download any actual changes and traffic data. If you are going to be visiting an area that you know you will have no cell service you can plan ahead and actually download maps for that area so that you can use them offline

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
First of all, don't look at an android radio, they are pure garbage. Lol at a Kenwood or pioneer, or alpine.
Using Android auto , it saves your frequently visited area maps so you aren't constantly downloading them. It only needs to download any actual changes and traffic data. If you are going to be visiting an area that you know you will have no cell service you can plan ahead and actually download maps for that area so that you can use them offline

Hmmm just easier to use the Garmin, once a month do a update check. Pretty easy now they added WiFi to them. I do when on a smoke break at work haha. Shoot it is time for the check brb.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
mine has worked fine. I dont buy a vehicle without one..I like built-in so less loose stuff to deal with. my first ram truck in a while so dont know about updates..always got free ones with the gm trucks I've had