Added Care Plus Lifetime Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Hi All, just wondering if anyone else has been denied warranty coverage because the issue was a "corrosion" issue? My 15 1500 has corrosion on the wiring harness and the PCM where they meet. Chrysler says the wont cover anything that is caused by corrosion. The contract clearly states "all wiring harnesses" and the "PCM" are covered. Any input is appreciated.

Joe

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
They are saying corrosion
corrosion is more often than not caused by flooding

no one wants to work on a flood damaged vehicle

OP
OP
J

Joeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
No it's not flood damage. The vehicle has never been anywhere near a flood or anything like one. What they're calling corrosion is probably more likely oxidation where the wiring harness meets the PCM. A poorly designed connector.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it causing an issue?
Try using contact cleaner (that is safe on plastic) and clean and insert several times - spraying both with the cleaner after each insertion - final step, take apart and blow dry with air and see if it fixes your issue if you have one.

OP
OP
J

Joeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Thanks, not causing issues other than not reving high enough on start up but what I've read about TIPM issues is crazy like windows operating on their own, can't shut wipers off, fuel pump keeps going even after the engine is turned off. It's moot now as I paid for a new harness and PCM but the TIPM was covered. Thanks again.