Adding keyless entry and remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel
I have a 2011 1500 st. I'm wanting to add factory keyless entry and remote start. What all do i need for this? If possible please provide links, thanks.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Since you want factory, call the dealer and ask if there is a kit for this. I'm honestly not sure if it can be done. Does it have power locks? Off the top of my head, the minimum you will need is new keys,WCM, hood switch and wiring. It will also need to have the sales code added by the dealer.

OP
OP
austin

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel
Since you want factory, call the dealer and ask if there is a kit for this. I'm honestly not sure if it can be done. Does it have power locks? Off the top of my head, the minimum you will need is new keys,WCM, hood switch and wiring. It will also need to have the sales code added by the dealer.

Yes it has power locks and windows; I've seen where people have done it, but i want to know what all I need to get before calling the dealer to program it.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it was be easier to buy a db all/t harness and a aftermarket unit. its all plug and play and the dealer is not involved. search the forum in the DIY section is talked about in there alot.

OP
OP
austin

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel
Alright, I may go that route, but I would prefer Mopar.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
This worked for my 2011 3500 CTD which had power windows, and locks, but NO keyless entry. It doesn't get you the remote start, but it will get you part way there.

The transmitter in the truck was already there. Had to buy the key, flash the truck, and off I went.

EDIT: Where did my attachment GO!?!? Figured it out, doesn't accept word docs. PDF now attached.

Attachments

• ST Key Programming.pdf
    88.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the other issue is, alot of the time the factory ones can only be added if you have a factory keyless.

OP
OP
austin

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel
This worked for my 2011 3500 CTD which had power windows, and locks, but NO keyless entry. It doesn't get you the remote start, but it will get you part way there.

The transmitter in the truck was already there. Had to buy the key, flash the truck, and off I went.

EDIT: Where did my attachment GO!?!? Figured it out, doesn't accept word docs. PDF now attached.

Thanks!

OP
OP
austin

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel

Where do I look to see if my truck has the transmitter?

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I think they all have it built in already if you have the power locks.

OP
OP
austin

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel
oh alright appreciate it! Also, do you know a round about price that the dealer charges to program it?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think they all have it built in already if you have the power locks.

since an ST is a base model and you have only the steel key this is incorrect.

an aftermarket is your best option.

redrt_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
The remote starting kit oem is discontinued already in the dealership it was about 250 plus 100 to install it and flash it...your best bet is to get an dball kit using your original key fkb

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
since an ST is a base model and you have only the steel key this is incorrect.

an aftermarket is your best option.

Your statement is false good sir. I have a 2011 3500 ST with power locks, and power windows. Off the lot it only came with a steel key, yet it had the keyless transponder built in. Otherwise I never could have added the keyless entry to my truck. This is exactly the same thing austin would be doing.

oh alright appreciate it! Also, do you know a round about price that the dealer charges to program it?

I think the key was $130-$150, I can't recall exactly. Also, I am not sure how much the flash costs, I hear it varies from one dealer to the next. I got the key, and the flash for free as I taught my dealer how to add keyless entry to all the ST trucks they had on their lot. :)

OP
OP
austin

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel
I think the key was $130-$150, I can't recall exactly. Also, I am not sure how much the flash costs, I hear it varies from one dealer to the next. I got the key, and the flash for free as I taught my dealer how to add keyless entry to all the ST trucks they had on their lot. :)

Alright ill give the dealer a call and make sure he can do it if i show them how.