Aftermarket or Factory Remote Start.. Which one??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackOps6

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Ram Express that I want to add a remote start, either Factory or Aftermarket.. My question is that I have the MAX Care Unlimited mile warranty on the truck and with that being said, which direction would you go with getting a remote start added.. Aftermarket or Factory...

Thanks Gents

RustyShakelford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve had good luck with the 12voltsolutions-dot-com it’s not the easiest to set up but works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I have a 2016 Ram Express that I want to add a remote start, either Factory or Aftermarket.. My question is that I have the MAX Care Unlimited mile warranty on the truck and with that being said, which direction would you go with getting a remote start added.. Aftermarket or Factory...

Thanks Gents

If I’m not mistaken dealers use aftermarket to add it in. At least that’s what they did with one of my coworkers. Your dealer will also be the only ones who can verify if it will be covered by Maxcare. I’d ask your service advisor both questions.

Unfortunately Maxcare coverage isn’t as black and white as people think, across service departments nation wide. Some service departments follow policy to the letter while others push the envelope. For example, Maxcare allows 2” lifts and going up one tire size. My dealer sells new modified RAM’s with even bigger lifts on 37” tires all covered by Maxcare. On the flip side, there was a guy on here who had trouble with a side view mirror, He got his claim denied because he stuck a set of blind spot mirrors on them.. In short, it all comes down to your dealer and their relationship with their FCA claim agents.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Thanks Gents
I have both on my truck, but I prefer the aftermarket one that I have because I can start it from my phone from anywhere. This kit is the cheapest and easiest to install- https://www.ebay.com/itm/FlashLogic...80AAOSw55pd-eEL:sc:USPSFirstClass!60436!US!-1

It’s 100% plug n play, you can program the entire thing yourself, it uses the factory key fob, takes about 45 minutes to install, and it can use this add on for starting from your phone- https://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-ASCL6-CarLink-Vehicle-Interface/dp/B07H9FLDCD

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The factory remote start will start the car so much better than aftermarket!

;) just kidding.

But as someone who has MaxCare Unlimited too - I wouldn’t f**k with Mother Mopar and give them an excuse not to cover.

Maybe you can talk to the dealer about giving you a break on the install and programming.

dmt98239.dt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L

Thanks Gents
I had Flashlogic installed in mine a couple of years ago - never have had any problems.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve had good luck with the 12voltsolutions-dot-com it’s not the easiest to set up but works great

I second the 12voltsolutions kit. I thought it was a pretty easy setup. Took maybe 10 minutes to hook everything up and program it. It's been great so far.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I installed the Flashlogic Remote Starter Dodge RAM 2013-2017 1500 2500 3500 Plug N Play Harness FLRSCH10 in my 2017 Ram SLT.
Skipped the horn and the hood pin but plugged in the parking lights. Uses factory remote, push lock 3 times truck starts.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as warr. goes I installed a plug and play(DBall 2) on my 15 SLT that I just remove if it's going into the dealer for a problem.Comes out in less than 10 min. and back in just as fast.
My 2019 Classic came with a factory unit.Range sucks about the same on both.