Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 rear bags question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I ordered in the rear bags and remote controlled compressor which I intend to install on my 2018 2500. I have already installed the Thuren Overland kit which raised the rear by 1" and the front by 2.75". The thought just occurred that I may need a spacer to use the rear bags but thought I would ask if anyone else has run this combo? Air Lift sells a 2" spacer but no 1" so I'm not sure which way to go.

Anyone done this and can advise?

Thanks in advance

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Might want to look at installing DayStar Cradles. No travel restrictions.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, if you have Thurens kit then definitely get the daystar cradle setup. Otherwise you could possibly damage the bags and/or limit suspension travel.

Also, you will be fine with no spacer. My power wagon rear springs are the same height as Thurens, and I even took the factory 1” power wagon spacer off.

Heres a writeup I made when I did mine. May help you out...

http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4732

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Thank you Gentlemen, I'll order a set of the cradles.

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, if you have Thurens kit then definitely get the daystar cradle setup. Otherwise you could possibly damage the bags and/or limit suspension travel.

Also, you will be fine with no spacer. My power wagon rear springs are the same height as Thurens, and I even took the factory 1” power wagon spacer off.

Heres a writeup I made when I did mine. May help you out...

http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4732

what thread tap and bolt did you use. I’ve never taped threads before so I have no clue.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what thread tap and bolt did you use. I’ve never taped threads before so I have no clue.

I honestly dont remember the size. I cant remember if the bolts came with the daystar cradles or not. I think I just went to the hardware and grabbed a bolt that was as big as could be yet still fit in the hole. Then bought the tap that fit that thread size.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, I looked at the pics in my writeup, the daystar kit came with bolts and nuts. I think I just went to the store and got the correct size drill bit and tap for that bolt.