Air suspension conversion question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angryfish2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I’m new air so sorry for the question that has possibly already been answered, but I’m have g trouble finding the answers in searches here and online

2 parts

1) 2013 Ram 4wd with air suspension. It leaks down only when in offroad 1 or lower so I don’t think it’s an airbag leak. Anyhow have this issue and get it fixed? The compressor works fine so it’s not a freezing issue and I live in Florida.

2). I may just convert the air suspension but I’m having trouble finding a complete Kit I like the bilstein but it seems you can no longer get a complete kit. I really don’t want to piece everything together and have to find old struts to get parts off of etc. Has anyone found a complete set up, unbolt the old and bolt on the new without having to chase other needed parts?

thanks for the help. I have been researching this for hours and can’t seem to find the right answer

OP
OP
A

Angryfish2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks crazykid. That’s similar to what I want but supposedly there are some pieces you need for the rear shocks to seat in and something for the front struts that I can’t quite figure out. Plus all the bilstein stuff seems to be on back order everywhere

curleyrl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 quad cab Laramie
Engine
5.7 L
If you like the air ride like I do, replace the air bags. Are you able to do the work yourself?
the rear are super easy. carid.com has the arnott rears for about 250 each.

on mine it could sit for days and hold pressure. However, in the entry exit mode it would lose air so fast you could watch the Rear fall to the bump stops then the auto height kick in to raise it up a couple inches, just to watch it fall again.
I replacedboth rears on mine, charged the system with nitrogen, and the issues are gone.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air ride on these trucks seem to either be great, or entirely too problematic to keep fixing. You don't need a "kit" to convert to non-air ride. Just get struts, shocks and coil springs for a non air ride truck and turn off the air ride with AlfaOBD.

barry hanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know a shop in the Atlanta area that might be experienced in doing a Strutmaster swap?

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd say any reputable shop in general should be capable of swapping the hard parts out. Only hang up being turning off the air ride in the BCM with AlfaOBD. The main conversion is no different than any other strut/spring replacement. Then depending on how thorough you wanted to be they can remove or leave the lines, tank, compressor, level sensors so it's like it was never there.