Air Suspension Lift / Level Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me, I just like the look of a higher truck.

On my last truck (16 Big Horn), I put the Bil’s at 2.8 on the front and put 35 inch Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s 285/65R20 on. On that truck it felt like it rode a little better which I am guessing was a combination of better shocks and more tire. Not a marked improvement but a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dmalonecentral! I like a taller truck too - but not too tall - just enough to give it a beefier look and make sure a 34"+ doesn't rub and I will not sacrifice handling. So, that needs to come with the package: an upkeep, or improvement, of the on road handling and an improvement of the off road handling.

As far as I see there are three options that I would be interested looking at: An upgraded, height adjustable shock on the front air spring/shock and an upgrade shock in the rear. Two: replace the air suspension with coil overs up front and upgraded shocks and springs in the rear and third, upgrade to coilovers up front and keep the original airbag in the rear but upgrade the shock.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
I just want to get rid of the rake so 2" front lift only for me, but I want to keep the air ride strut since I love the factory ride. So the kit would need to include modified uca with ball stud for leveling link, modified leveling link and 2" spacer . The 2" Mopar lift kit has a uca with the ball stud but I don't want to buy the whole kit just for the UCA lol. Revel has adjustable leveling links but that's another $199 and not sure if that would work with 2" spacer.

Pnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just want to get rid of the rake so 2" front lift only for me, but I want to keep the air ride strut since I love the factory ride. So the kit would need to include modified uca with ball stud for leveling link, modified leveling link and 2" spacer . The 2" Mopar lift kit has a uca with the ball stud but I don't want to buy the whole kit just for the UCA lol. Revel has adjustable leveling links but that's another $199 and not sure if that would work with 2" spacer.
Seems some people have achieved getting rid of the rake by just using the front links from Revel, but you didnt want only the links?

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Seems some people have achieved getting rid of the rake by just using the front links from Revel, but you didnt want only the links?

No because I want to keep the factory ride. Plus I think the adjustments also need to be made to the rear as well from what I’ve read. When you lift the front with the links, the rear also lifts so you need to adjust the rear links which is why the Rebel kit comes with both front and back.

My preference would be to have a complete kit. Or wait until someone figures it out so I’m not the guinea pig lol.

Benb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am interested in keeping the air ride settings (raising and lowering) to allow for 20s with 35” tires. From what I’ve read in this thread...still not obtainable?

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
No complete kits are available. Not even sure if a spacer would work. If the bolt holes line up then you would also need to adjust the length of the leveling links to compensate for the spacer. But I would also want a modified uca as well which means one that has the ball stud for the leveling link.

If you use the leveling links alone it will be like driving in off-road 2. Too stiff for me to be doing that all the time.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No because I want to keep the factory ride. Plus I think the adjustments also need to be made to the rear as well from what I’ve read. When you lift the front with the links, the rear also lifts so you need to adjust the rear links which is why the Rebel kit comes with both front and back.

My preference would be to have a complete kit. Or wait until someone figures it out so I’m not the guinea pig lol.

When you say complete kit and also keeping the factory ride, what would you consider the perfect solution?

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Hey, yeah so it would be:

1. UCA with modified ball joint angle and ball socket stud for leveling link

2. 2” spacer

3. Adjusted leveling link to compensate for the 2” spacer lift.

Pnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am interested in keeping the air ride settings (raising and lowering) to allow for 20s with 35” tires. From what I’ve read in this thread...still not obtainable?
Not sure, but on another forum a Big Horn 4x4 owner has stock height, no level, with 9x20 ET+18 with 285/65-20 G2’s with no rubbing what so ever. This equals a 34.6 tire.

Pnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, yeah so it would be:

1. UCA with modified ball joint angle and ball socket stud for leveling link

2. 2” spacer

3. Adjusted leveling link to compensate for the 2” spacer lift.

Wonder what problems they encounter since it seems easy enough, but no solutions yet. The 2” uca from mopar has the ball socket stud already though, so I guess something probably is in the works.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Wonder what problems they encounter since it seems easy enough, but no solutions yet. The 2” uca from mopar has the ball socket stud already though, so I guess something probably is in the works.
You also have to disconnect the air supply to the strut to do the install. I don't think it is a big deal but just an extra step in the process. A potential complication could be the length of the air line. Not sure if it would need to be extended or not.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
BDS has a 4 inch lift for pre-2019 air ride suspensions. If anyone is going to do it, it will be BDS
Maybe they have something planned for SEMA.

Pnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe they have something planned for SEMA.

I’ll be there and will visit them all to see what’s up and what’s coming. Anyone else going?

Pnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BDS has a 4 inch lift for pre-2019 air ride suspensions. If anyone is going to do it, it will be BDS
AEV also has one for the previous model. That one includes an air hose extension. What I find a bit funny though is that nobody seems to have much focus on improving the suspension - read: “ride”. It is all about lifting the vehicle, except for a new shock in the rear. In my current world, suspension for race and sports cars, it is all about improving the suspension and lowering becomes a part of that. So for me it then becomes even more important and of an interest to improve the ride on and off the road as well when lifting the vehicle.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
I actually installed Hellwig rear sway bar and that has significantly improved ride and handling. The truck is so much more fun to drive without that extra roll on turns and rebounding side to side on bumps.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I actually installed Hellwig rear sway bar and that has significantly improved ride and handling. The truck is so much more fun to drive without that extra roll on turns and rebounding side to side on bumps.

I think I will end up doing this as well, especially with lifting it. Is it just the rear that needs to be done. Is it worth doing both front and rear?

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
I think I will end up doing this as well, especially with lifting it. Is it just the rear that needs to be done. Is it worth doing both front and rear?

Based on reviews that I've read, doing the rear is the best bang for the buck. The front stock sway bar is pretty beefy already.

Jerry cammarota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Guys, I just spoke with a rep at BDS who tells me since the 2019 trucks are so much different then the previous years they are rebuilding the air ride suspension lift for the 2019 versions now. She said she was in the shop yesterday and saw them working on it still. Patients my friends lol.

imunwired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, I just spoke with a rep at BDS who tells me since the 2019 trucks are so much different then the previous years they are rebuilding the air ride suspension lift for the 2019 versions now. She said she was in the shop yesterday and saw them working on it still. Patients my friends lol.

Thank you for sharing. I contacted BDS over messenger for info on air ride lifts. The answer I received from the rep was boilerplate. The rep who helped you was much more informed.

From BDS Suspensions :

“While new product development is a popular topic, unfortunately our company policy dictates we can’t discuss kit details, pricing, options, or expected release dates. As kits hit the shelves ready to ship we’ll send out announcements, add listings to our website and begin promoting on social media. Keep an eye out for upcoming announcements.”