Air Suspension Lift / Level Kits

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by dmalonecentral, Jun 27, 2018.

1. dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI® V8
    There are only a couple mentions buried in other threads around Lifting or Leveling those of us with the Air Ride Suspension so I wanted to start a new thread specifically about the air suspension for the 2019’s.

CFT Performance has a link kit that is designed to level the front end and if kept at the factory setting says it does not require an alignment and causes no error messages with the EVIC system. I called them this morning to ask if they were compatible with the 2019’s and the answer I received was that they have installed them on some 2019’s with no issue but others have reported that they are not even close to the same so his thought was that Ram transitioned out the old style at some point. Here is the link to the product.

http://cftperformance.com/ram-air-lift-level-kit-front-links-only/

I went out and took some pictures of mine this morning and it looks slightly different. It looks like both the top and the bottom just pop off and there is no nut or bolt to unfasten. Looking for anyone who has some more mechanical experience or who has tried it to weigh in here. Or any other options out there.

Mine (2019 2WD Limited)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BWL

BWL Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    They just pop off. Take a bit of a tug. Do the end on the sensor last because they pop off easier at a bigger angle and you don't want to damage the sensor arm. It's just plastic. The replacement links are threaded and you lengthen the rears to raise the back and shorten the front to make it higher.

3. dmalonecentral

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI® V8
    Are there different ones specifically for the 2019’s than the ones I linked to above? I guess the part that looks different is that it doesn’t look like I can unscrew the ball part of the socket on either end.

4. BWL

BWL Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    The balls stay in place. The arms have socket ends. Oe ones are fixed length and aftermarket level links are threaded for adjustment. They are just a press fit ball and socket joint.

5. dmalonecentral

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI® V8
  6. Accountant

Accountant Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Laramie Hemi 5.7L
    OP - thanks for this, I was taking pictures of mine yesterday LOL. I guess Ram doesn't want anyone removing the ball socket studs.

Josh at CFT told me theirs does not fit 2019. Revel said they are checking fitment and will get back to me shortly. I asked them if they could make a kit with just the front links.

7. Accountant

Accountant Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Laramie Hemi 5.7L
    Here is a pic of the sensor arm showing the end of the ball socket stud. Maybe the stud does screw in to the arm. IMG_8887.jpg

8. BWL

BWL Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    The ride was stiffer and the truck bounced around. It raises the truck by increasing the air pressure because it tricks it into thinking there's a load and it needs to add pressure to maintain height. Also lowers the load capacity before you get an error from overload.

Accountant likes this.
  9. dmalonecentral

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI® V8
    Thanks for the review. I have speed bumps in my neighborhood so when I pulled in I raised it up to Off-Road 2 and drove like I normally would. Those speed bumps were a lot worse to go over. Think I am going to hold off and just enjoy the new truck for a while and see if anything starts coming out in terms of lifts.

10. BWL

BWL Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    That's what I'm doing now.