Alfa OBD app?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I just purchased the OBDLink mx+ and I thought I was able to download the alfaOBD app with iOS with my phone. But, on the site it says for Windows PC or Android. Does anyone know what app I can use for my iPhone? Thanks

crzyamerican

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Unfortunately none. Its only available on Windows and Android.

andyhollin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
You can buy a cheap android tablet on eBay for $50 or less. Look for a 2013 Nexus 7. That's what I use as I'm an iPhone user.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Apple does not like 3 party people to make apps. You have to pay a fee and jump through hoops just to make a calculator app. Android or windows. Lots of guys that use iPhones just get a cheap used android tablet.

OP
OP
D

DirtyMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, that’s a bummer. I wanted to get my HIDs installed today. Thanks guys. Does it have to be a tablet? Or can I use a buddies android phone?

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, that’s a bummer. I wanted to get my HIDs installed today. Thanks guys. Does it have to be a tablet? Or can I use a buddies android phone?

Any android device will work for the most part and not locked to a vehicle so you can use it on multiple vehicles.

OP
OP
D

DirtyMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any android device will work for the most part and not locked to a vehicle so you can use it on multiple vehicles.

What do you mean “and not locked to a vehicle?”

crzyamerican

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Oh and you can use a friends phone but the Alfaobd app will be his/hers

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Oh and you can use a friends phone but the Alfaobd app will be his/hers
U can logon your Google account and dl for the meantime, since you will have to pay for the app. Just logoff you Google acct on your friends device when your done

Rob j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does using the Alfa obd link mx void my warranty if I only change minor things like headlight settings

crzyamerican

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Does using the Alfa obd link mx void my warranty if I only change minor things like headlight settings

Nope. At least I have never heard of anyone ever having any issues. I have taken mine in for warranty work/recalls as well after activating things.

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So, I just purchased the OBDLink mx+ and I thought I was able to download the alfaOBD app with iOS with my phone. But, on the site it says for Windows PC or Android. Does anyone know what app I can use for my iPhone? Thanks
I have a few android phones laying around I can mail you if you cover shipping. I see your in ohio, as am I. If your close and still need an android device PM me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
The is no such thing as "voiding the warranty". The manufacturer could potentially deny a specific claim if a modification caused a specific failure, but the burden of proof is on them. Research Magnuson-Moss act, if interested in more detail.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you change the device that you download the app on? I mean if I download it to a droid phone and decide to use a tablet later; can you transfer the AlfoOBD? Or, am I stuck with potentially having to pay for the app again?

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
You can use whatever Android device you want, no additional cost to put it on another device with your google account in it.