ALFAobd Errors - Lost spedo, 4x4, park assist, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbaflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a Laramie 2016 4x4 2500 Diesel.

I have multiple errors, two of which must be my fault, and the ABS and Trailer Brake Error, no clue how these appeared, never happened before doing this today. I did read where others who had a trailer brake error could not clear the fault, and this is why they bought the ALFAobd, but I did not have that error until after programming.

I just programmed my fog lights to stay on with my high beams and they work great as supposed to.

I carefully read (including the 790 page plus post here) and watched videos and wrote down everything I did. I then tried to do the daytime running lights on, and they did not work. I returned the settings to the original settings on the ALFAobd. Each time cycling car on/off and waiting 30 seconds min.

I am running Android/with the correct bluetooth obd port, brand new, connects and works fine with ALFAobd

Question: I am assuming there is no hard reset to the ALPHAobd to return things to normal and this is going to now be an expensive trip to Dodge.....

Any help appreciated.

Attached is the report I ran and cut and paste together with the ALFAobd, it's a long one.

---------------------

I now turn on the truck and I get a few errors I never had before:

Trailer Brakes Service (this shows up now as a service light with no error code)

ABS Service (this shows up now as a service light with no error code)

4x4 will not engage (flashes only) (this shows up now as a service light with no error code)

Speedo is dead - three dashes only (this shows up now as a service light with no error code)

Temp gauge is dead (this shows up now as a service light with no error code)

These two codes show up in the ALFAobd
B181E
Hood Ajar Iput
Open circuit
Last test completed unsuccessfully
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON' Not requested

B16B7
Center stop lamp control
Short circuit to + battery/Open circuit
Last test completed unsuccessfully
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON' Not requested

obd.jpg

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hit the reset switch unplugging the battery?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I returned the settings to the original settings on the ALFAobd. Each time cycling car on/off and waiting 30 seconds min.

Why did you turn key on and off between each and wait 30sec?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
What year body Control did you try?

Check the hood adjar settings. If you have factory remote start it should be at 1k ohms.

After that connect back to the body Control, click on the check engine icon, clear faults.

Then connect to the abs, rf hub and engine and do the same thing.

Changing drl's should throw codes.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OP
OP
J

jbaflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thank you for your replies.

1. I am assuming there is no "reset switch" other than removing both battery negative cables and letting the capacitors drain, but I would think the settings that are changed will not change back automatically, correct?

2. The key was turned on and off min of 30 seconds as directed in multiple videos, that only one item should be changed at a time, check to make sure everything is ok.

3. No factory remote start, but how do I locate the hood adjar - I will double check the drop down menu under car configuration

4. I am unclear which selections would get me to ABS, RF Hub and Engine, most things are yes/no and what would be the proper setting once I locate those.

5. What is the correct setting for Hood Adjar?

6. I was using control unit MY2016-17 PowerNet

Thanks again for any replies and apologies for so many questions, but such limited info on reversing problems or getting out of them.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thank you for your replies.

1. I am assuming there is no "reset switch" other than removing both battery negative cables and letting the capacitors drain, but I would think the settings that are changed will not change back automatically, correct?

2. The key was turned on and off min of 30 seconds as directed in multiple videos, that only one item should be changed at a time, check to make sure everything is ok.

3. No factory remote start, but how do I locate the hood adjar - I will double check the drop down menu under car configuration

4. I am unclear which selections would get me to ABS, RF Hub and Engine, most things are yes/no and what would be the proper setting once I locate those.

5. What is the correct setting for Hood Adjar?

6. I was using control unit MY2016-17 PowerNet

Thanks again for any replies and apologies for so many questions, but such limited info on reversing problems or getting out of them.

1- no reset switch

3/5- body Computer, car config, CBC I/O Hood adjar switch input present NO
Scroll towards the bottom CBC I/O Usage hood adjar probably is already set to 1k so leave it

4- while connected to the body Computer along the bottom you'll see a check engine symbol. Select that, then select read all faults, select clear faults. Back out to the main selection screen. Where you select my body Computer (2nd box) select ABS> under select control unit select ABS ATE/CONTINENTAL >CONNECT > Select the check engine and do the same thing. Back out to the main screen. Select engine > (cummins) my13-17 cummins (hemi) CHRYSLER POWERTECH/PENTASTAR/WORLD/HEMI > CONNECT > Select the check engine icon and do the same thing
Back to main selection screen select RADIO FREQUENCY HUB>RADIO FREQUENCY HUB MY2013-17 POWERNET > Select the check engine icon and do the same thing.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OP
OP
J

jbaflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well, I just did the recommended and it bricked my truck, wont turn over, everything flashes momentarily, and then dark. Amazing how this can go so sideways so quickly. Miss my carbureted vehicles where it was all about turning screws, not switches. Time to go to the dealer, this sucks.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Well, I just did the recommended and it bricked my truck, wont turn over, everything flashes momentarily, and then dark. Amazing how this can go so sideways so quickly. Miss my carbureted vehicles where it was all about turning screws, not switches. Time to go to the dealer, this sucks.

Go back to the body Computer and make sure the vehicle type, location all the vehicle config 1 stuff is what it should be

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OP
OP
J

jbaflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I am assuming you mean at the main location before Body Computer is selected, ABS/Engine/Radio? I double checked that and repeated the fault clearing. Thank you again for your help.

OP
OP
J

jbaflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Here is the link to the video of the errors

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
2e131b73a7492615f932211d9f6f8b63.jpg

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
J

jbaflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Double checked. Vehicle settings are correct. Google drive sharing is on. Abs and park sense are no longer throwing errors. Now only engine light and won't start. An improvement =) errors that show up under engine diagnostics

Screenshot_20190729-094912_AlfaOBD.jpg

Screenshot_20190729-094905_AlfaOBD.jpg

Screenshot_20190729-094858_AlfaOBD.jpg

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Try disconnecting your batteries for about a 15-30 minutes. When you connect the terminals back make sure both positive and negative are properly seated and tight

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Also check the voltage of the batteries

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Try disconnecting your batteries for about a 15-30 minutes. When you connect the terminals back make sure both positive and negative are properly seated and tight

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Also check the voltage of the batteries

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Doing this should hopefully clear the p2509 code.

After reconnecting the batteries an option to clear the u1412 code is connect to the abs, do a static ECU initialization and clearing rolls information

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OP
OP
J

jbaflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I will be back later tomorrow am and will try. Thank you all.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Compare your original bcm upload with your truck at factory to a new upload done right now.

Compare and you will see the differences. You must have changed something on accident. Change everything back to factory.

This right here is why you always have your factory BCM config. Along with RF hub etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk