AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jordanlbrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 mega cab
Engine
You can roll down your front windows with the key fob to let heat out of the truck before you get in or for any other reason.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
What button(s) on the fob work to activate the function?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What button(s) on the fob work to activate the function?

Once set, it uses the unlock button. After unlocking the truck, press and hold the unlock button and the windows will roll down.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Judging by the settings, the DRLs run at 7.4 volts instead of 13 volts. I have not pulled out the multi-meter to check though. On another note, my brother-in-law's twin is picking up a 2016 Laramie tomorrow and he's in Canada so his DRLs are on from the factory. I will get a BCM dump from his truck and get that posted here and we will have the answers we need for the factory settings for DRLs.

Something I noticed today...

I have factory projectors and my DRLs, which are set via the old method, are much brighter than the running lights that use the same set of LEDs.

Alpha shows the following voltage targets in the BCM:

CBC Exterior Lighting Calibrations:
Left Side DRL Voltage Target: 7.4 V
Right Side DRL Voltage Target: 7.4 V
Left Front Corner Voltage: 13 V
Right Front Corner Voltage: 13 V

Assuming that the "Corner" ones are the running light/turn signal LEDs in the factory projectors, by these settings, one would think that the running lights would be brighter than the DRLs...

-K

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is my Canadian 2016 Ram 1500 Sport with factory projectors and factory DRL on turn signal strip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jEtkklqUCq0AvsJ8ySe_-8xTqIje0xCE/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Looks like my settings match factory settings with the exception of mine being set to "Optional DRL" and I have the CSM to turn them on or off.

One thing I did notice is that your low and high beams are set to a higher voltage than mine:
Left Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 14 V
Left High Beam Voltage Regulation: 14.2 V
Right Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 14 V
Right High Beam Voltage Regulation: 14.2 V

All of mine are set to 13 Volts. Might have to play with this to see if I can make my lights a little brighter.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Something I noticed today...

I have factory projectors and my DRLs, which are set via the old method, are much brighter than the running lights that use the same set of LEDs.

Alpha shows the following voltage targets in the BCM:

CBC Exterior Lighting Calibrations:

Assuming that the "Corner" ones are the running light/turn signal LEDs in the factory projectors, by these settings, one would think that the running lights would be brighter than the DRLs...

-K

I think the corners are just the corner lamps in the lights front and rear. I think the DRLs would behave similar to what happens in my sister's GC Summit; at daytime, they are full brightness and they dim down when the headlights are on. The 7.4 V we are seeing in the settings may be the dimmed target voltage.

The target voltages in her GC Summit which has factory HIDs and LED DRLs is below:
Left Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 13 V
Left High Beam Voltage Regulation: 13 V
Right Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 13 V
Right High Beam Voltage Regulation: 13 V
Left Rear Corner Voltage: 13 V
Right Rear Corner Voltage: 13 V

EDIT: Just went out and checked. After changing to dedicated, the DRLs stay the same brightness with or without the headlights being on. Going to change it back to turn signal and see if it behaves differently.

Last edited:

Rob_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for that. Looks like my settings match factory settings with the exception of mine being set to "Optional DRL" and I have the CSM to turn them on or off.

One thing I did notice is that your low and high beams are set to a higher voltage than mine:
Left Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 14 V
Left High Beam Voltage Regulation: 14.2 V
Right Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 14 V
Right High Beam Voltage Regulation: 14.2 V

All of mine are set to 13 Volts. Might have to play with this to see if I can make my lights a little brighter.

Hi Roman217,

Just so you know, I have never touched those settings and are from the factory. I bought my truck new and the only thing I have changed are Fog LED, drop out and window etc.

I wonder if there are different specifications for Canada vs. USA vehicles based on the amount of available light?

Possibly running higher voltage in Canada allows the halogen bulb to burn a little brighter as it is dark for a majority of the time up here in Winter. Even so, it's way too inadequate but it's the only logic I can see.

That combined with the difficulty of changing the bulbs is the only reason engineers used PWM and long life bulbs. Bunch of idiots.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Roman217,

Just so you know, I have never touched those settings and are from the factory. I bought my truck new and the only thing I have changed are Fog LED, drop out and window etc.

I wonder if there are different specifications for Canada vs. USA vehicles based on the amount of available light?

Possibly running higher voltage in Canada allows the halogen bulb to burn a little brighter as it is dark for a majority of the time up here in Winter. Even so, it's way too inadequate but it's the only logic I can see.

That combined with the difficulty of changing the bulbs is the only reason engineers used PWM and long life bulbs. Bunch of idiots.

I have seen variations to those voltages between different years. FCA even had a TSB on raising the headlight voltage because it was too dim on some of the halogen equipped Grand Cherokees. So that is most likely a model year difference. I may play with it to see if I get slightly brighter headlights out of it.

As a note, my mom's 2014 GC Limited with halogens has the same target voltages as you, 14 and 14.2.

Last edited:

Rob_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen variations to those voltages between different years. FCA even had a TSB on raising the headlight voltage because it was too dim on some of the halogen equipped Grand Cherokees. So that is most likely a model year difference. I may play with it to see if I get slightly brighter headlights out of it.

As a note, my mom's 2014 GC Limited with halogens has the same target voltages as you, 14 and 14.2.
Good to know. Who knows what the engineers were thinking between model years but I can tell you the halogen lights even with factory projectors are woefully inadequate.

I drive about 130Km (95 Miles) every weekend where there are no street lights for the total way.

I ended up buying a 42" curved lightbar to fit in the lower bumper which is 110,000 lumens.

When I turn them off for oncoming cars, I can't see because of the extreme low output of the Soviet Yellow Lamps. Might as well put a candle in the headlight like the 1900's.

I'm installing HID's this weekend into the low beam and LED into the highs.

Did the fogs last weekend and is an improvement so looking forward being able to see.

Once everything is installed, I don't think voltage will matter due to the wide operating range of LEDs and HIDs.

outlawhdst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Sorry to interrupt but does anyone know if you can activate your high idle switches and if so what to look for? Got my turn signals and puddle lights activated on my mirrors today. Thanks to all of yall!

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sorry to interrupt but does anyone know if you can activate your high idle switches and if so what to look for? Got my turn signals and puddle lights activated on my mirrors today. Thanks to all of yall!
Not on a Manual Trans.

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I would like to say "Thank You" to the members that supplied the information, and the steps to programming a new fobik.

Finally, after the Postal disspute up here, it arrived, and I just finished programming it, under 1 minute and it was done! Finally got a spare key !

Rob_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to say "Thank You" to the members that supplied the information, and the steps to programming a new fobik.

Finally, after the Postal disspute up here, it arrived, and I just finished programming it, under 1 minute and it was done! Finally got a spare key !
I'm from Canada as well.

I want to say thanks to Ghost_Ram for starting this thread and all the contributers.

So much useful information in such a short period of time!

Thank you!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Am I still allowed to say that?

jordanlbrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 mega cab
Engine
Once set, it uses the unlock button. After unlocking the truck, press and hold the unlock button and the windows will roll down.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks, im excited to set that up now.

I see everyone saying global down doesn't work. If it did, what would the fob sequence be to use that? Or is that the missing link to getting it to work possibly.

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Very few of the mirrors have the memory function and are able to do the Tilt in Reverse. Usually the Laramie mirrors would be equipped correctly. You can tell that they're off of a Laramie because they'll have the Chrome cover. If you want to make sure you have memory mirrors that are capable of the Tilt function I would recommend pulling the door panel check the white connector on the mirror and if it has more than 4 wires it is a memory mirror.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I can find the passenger, and driver memory mirrors present, But can't locate the tilt mirrors in reverse, can someone point it out?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can find the passenger, and driver memory mirrors present, But can't locate the tilt mirrors in reverse, can someone point it out?
It's in the CSM (customer settings menu) what year is your truck. I can't see crap with Taptalk. I ask because the CSM menus don't show up on the 13's with the alpha tool. They do show up on the 14 to 16 trucks.

Last edited:

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
omfg i just go more confused about the drl and the voltage things........... musta been a long day at work cuz im just like o_O huh

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's in the CSM (customer settings menu) what year is your truck. I can't see crap with Taptalk.

It's a 2016. There is a Tilt in reverse CSM and also the driver and passenger memory mirror present settings in the door category.