AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zee ahmed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I finally went back and changed my DRL to "dedicated" on my Laramie. The "dedicated" is not as bright as the turn signal settings. That should help preserve the life of the LEDS. I missed this setting though:
  • LED Dedicated DRL Present: Not set
I will go fix that tomorrow as I could see some flickering in the LEDs from the PWM driver.

On another note, I saw that I missed the license plate LED setting and I could see the bulb flicker on camera. Setting it to LED got rid of the flicker.

So a little more confirmation that one of the things that the LED settings changes is a constant output instead of a PWM output.

This has me thinking. Could I get the Diode Dynamics LED boards and wire them up to use the "dedicated" drl output for the white LEDs? Might need to email them and ask some questions as this would be an awesome way to get the white LED DRLs without having to wire in extra modules to do it. And the other question would be if the dedicated DRL circuit is used to drive the turn signals when the lights are on to dim them as that would change whether this would be feasible as I would still want the lights to be amber at night.

I have the diode dynamic board and originally set the setting the way it is in the test notes which caused my amber lights to come on so I contacted the guy that installed the board and he was the one that told me about there being a wire on the trucks that came with the projector headlights that was dedicated drl.
That's when I switched everything to dedicated drls and now they work exactly like they should. White DRL and amber turns.
On the diode dynamic board you will do damage if you run your amber turn lights as drls

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the diode dynamic board and originally set the setting the way it is in the test notes which caused my amber lights to come on so I contacted the guy that installed the board and he was the one that told me about there being a wire on the trucks that came with the projector headlights that was dedicated drl.
That's when I switched everything to dedicated drls and now they work exactly like they should. White DRL and amber turns.
On the diode dynamic board you will do damage if you run your amber turn lights as drls
Do you have any pictures of the install? Are the amber lights on with headlights?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you will do damage if you run your amber turn lights as drls

Theres 100's of members here with the OEM Projector headlights that have activated the amber DRL leds with no issues whatsoever, what evidence do you have to support this claim?

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Theres 100's of members here with the OEM Projector headlights that have activated the amber DRL leds with no issues whatsoever, what evidence do you have to support this claim?

He was not referring to the factory projection LEDs. He said "On the diode dynamic board you will do damage if you run your amber turn lights as drls".

What is TPIS?

Tire Pressure Information System. It allows you to monitor or view each tire's pressure but does not signal a lower pressure event. TPIS is on the 3500s and likely the C&Cs albeit I don't know for sure.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too think I remember vaguely seeing something about Diode Dynamic boards and the voltage needing to be supplied but what is uncertain is the voltages needed for factory led boards. If Alfa is correct in reporting the supplied target voltage of 7.4 volts, then I seriously doubt 7.4 volts will do any harm. I have been using mine this way for over 6 months now as well. What I do see happening is premature failure to the boards because of use but only because we are using them as DRLs and they are operating 100% of the time when in drive.

Disclaimer: I am no expert and this is just my opinion. Everyone needs to make their own decisions much like deciding whether or not to even use this software. As always use and do so and your own risk. This is only based off of my own experiences with LEDs and OLED boards which is very limited..

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone else had problems activating the static center guideline on their backup camera?
I've got a 16 that came with factory 8.4 and backup camera. It's never had the center guide line and I've tried every setting in alpha that I can find with no luck. I read somewhere that the guidelines are built into the camera and not the software. Am I missing something or is this a lost cause on my current camera?
Thanks in advance

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I look forward to seeing the Canada Laramie projector BCM settings factory voltage

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am coming again, and this time there have been new problems. I didn't respond when I set both mirrors to the memory mirror and open the control menu check. I used to turn on the yellow led daytime running lights. Today I turned on the daytime running light control switch and it didn't work, the off state is still on. Remote start speakers are also not available and they are all selected. Remote lock horn cannot be selected? How to remotely raise or lower all windows with a key? After changing these settings, my truck slept for an hour. Sorry, guys, there are too many questions. Translation software is not very accurate in alfa. Excuse me.

微信图片_20181219225334.jpg

微信图片_20181219225340.jpg

微信图片_20181219225346.jpg

微信图片_20181219225353.jpg

Last edited:

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone else had problems activating the static center guideline on their backup camera?
I've got a 16 that came with factory 8.4 and backup camera. It's never had the center guide line and I've tried every setting in alpha that I can find with no luck. I read somewhere that the guidelines are built into the camera and not the software. Am I missing something or is this a lost cause on my current camera?
Thanks in advance

I remember there being some previous discussion on this and the answer was it ddin't work, perhaps a feature that was planned but not implemented.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I remember there being some previous discussion on this and the answer was it ddin't work, perhaps a feature that was planned but not implemented.
I thought that was on the cargo camera when the factory version was added. My wife's 17 grand Cherokee has it on hers.
Guess I will have to look into swapping in a rear camera out of Cherokee.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am coming again, and this time there have been new problems. I didn't respond when I set both mirrors to the memory mirror and open the control menu check. I used to turn on the yellow led daytime running lights. Today I turned on the daytime running light control switch and it didn't work, the off state is still on. Remote start speakers are also not available and they are all selected. Remote lock horn cannot be selected? How to remotely raise or lower all windows with a key? After changing these settings, my truck slept for an hour. Sorry, guys, there are too many questions. Translation software is not very accurate in alfa. Excuse me.

View attachment 149623

View attachment 149624

View attachment 149625

View attachment 149626

You can lower the windows with the Global down features in the app. The global up has not worked for anyone that I have seen as of now. As for you other problems you need to go back thru your log and see what you have done and check them on the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I don't think anyone is saying that it's going to make them fail but it could definitely take some life off of them. At the end of the day, if we have a "Dedicated DRL" setting in the BCM to set for the OEM projector headlights, why not set it? Worse case, they function same as setting it to "Turn Signal DRL" and best case, we preserve the life of the LEDs.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I look forward to seeing the Canada Laramie projector BCM settings factory voltage

He's picking it up today and I will see him this weekend. Going to make sure to bring my laptop and OBDLink MX with me.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

Zee.....I am a complete noob when it comes to headlights, so please excuse my ignorance. I have a question about changing my QUAD lights (2017 2500) to the projector lights. The Retro shop sells a harness that makes the swap plug and play. My question involves this adapter harness. This harness has (as he describes) an aluminum box that contains the resistors (see link with video). With the Alfa program would this "aluminum box" with resistors still be needed? Would it be possible to just have a harness (just wires) that adapts the quad and projector lights and not have this "box" with resistors? And just change the settings in the BCM with the Alfa tool?

https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=13.Adapt

jordanlbrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 mega cab
Engine
You can lower the windows with the Global down features in the app. The global up has not worked for anyone that I have seen as of now. As for you other problems you need to go back thru your log and see what you have done and check them on the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the function of the global down feature.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the function of the global down feature.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You can roll down your front windows with the key fob to let heat out of the truck before you get in or for any other reason.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fremen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is a really nice heater. Wish auto up would work.
Have used it many times to convince wife she left her window down.

Guessing a double push on the Lock and hold would trigger it.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Global up would be spectacular too but Im not sure it will ever work...I assume it was disabled for safety reasons (what if someone was hanging out the window and I rolled them up out of sight from the truck)

One of the aftermarket OBD-ii "modules" (OBD Genie, Tazer, etc) can do it but you need to leave the module plugged in all the time and to actually do it you press the unlock button 6 times I think.

Rob_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7