AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Can no longer edit thread. Maybe the mods can do something about this?

Auto Tilt Mirrors in Reverse Thank you PNUTLT1
Driver Memory Mirrors Present
Select "Yes"
Passenger Memory Mirrors Present
Select "Yes"
Tilt mirror in reverse
Select "Yes"

Also

Fog lamps with high beams
Fog lamp dropout enable
Select "No"
Site time frame permissions limiting edits that were not an issue on prior site software. I'm hoping shaggy can loosen this restriction.

Stop by the following thread and comment
New Forum Software & Member Concerns.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So does this software allow options to be turned on instead of heading to the dealer, or reflashing let say to change upgraded cluster to read 1500 instead of power wagon on start up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So does this software allow options to be turned on instead of heading to the dealer, or reflashing let say to change upgraded cluster to read 1500 instead of power wagon on start up?

Yes, in my experience so far it will. I have successfully gotten my 2016 cluster to read Sport, Power Wagon, Limited, Ram 1500 and so on.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

As Ghost_Ram stated the tool seems to have the capability to do that. Your dealer on the other hand cannot change your truck's option package to show something different on your evic because it's not enabled in your BCM for him to do it. The dealers are very limited on the codes they can enable and or change.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the info. So I just need the software and the link and I would be set. Wow excited.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. So I just need the software and the link and I would be set. Wow excited.

The link for everything except the Android device are in the first post. Be sure to read, read and take notes when making changes. Oh and have fun!

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
So $49 for the app and then a obd2 adapter and I can have DRL?

Does this work for laramie led turn signals or just the quad lights?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So $49 for the app and then a obd2 adapter and I can have DRL?

Does this work for laramie led turn signals or just the quad lights?
I would recommend the OBDLink MX Bluetooth as that is how we’ve been testing everything.

My truck is an express that came with quads. I installed farctory projectors from a donor Laramie. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
I would recommend the OBDLink MX Bluetooth as that is how we’ve been testing everything.

My truck is an express that came with quads. I installed farctory projectors from a donor Laramie. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
Just checking, i know the salescode has 2x diff input codes for DRL for leds and reg lights. Also I guess the alphaOBD demo wont do what we need it to do, only the full pay version right?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You’re fine, glad to help. There’s a few settings for DRLs in the Alfa app under program features and car configuration in the body control module. It doesn’t ask which headlight you have installed at least not that I can remember.

To be honest, everyone that I know who’s installed it had quads or quads that were retrofitted with projectors. I honestly don’t think it makes a difference.

I actually installed mine with an OBDGenie but have switched them in the app to every possible way and they worked. Well, I didn’t try the “dedicated” setting as I knew that wouldn’t work anyway.

Oh and no I don’t think you’d have enough time to actually make any changes. It allows you 15 minutes of use I think?

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Yea only 15mins for demo. Thank you for your response, guess I maybe first Guinea pig to activate oem projector/LEDs for the leds to run as drl

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you run into any issues, let me know and I’ll do what I can to help out. I really don’t think you will though. Take it slow and apply one setting at a time then give the truck time to sleep. I’ve found this is really the hardest part.

Good luck! Oh and take notes

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So the consensus is Android on a cheap tablet is a better option than windows on windows laptop as far as functionality?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the consensus is Android on a cheap tablet is a better option than windows on windows laptop as far as functionality?

I just preferred the use of Android over Windows. They both function the same it’s just the touch interface is easier.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok didn’t know if I should buy a cheap tablet or just try my surface pro. I guess I will go window route. If it doesn’t work well i have wasted way more the 49.00 before. Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok didn’t know if I should buy a cheap tablet or just try my surface pro. I guess I will go window route. If it doesn’t work well i have wasted way more the 49.00 before. Thanks for your help.

I would think you’d enjoy the screen size of the surface pro and the use of pen on it. If I had the money I’d get one! No worries, keep us updated.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you run into any issues, let me know and I’ll do what I can to help out. I really don’t think you will though. Take it slow and apply one setting at a time then give the truck time to sleep. I’ve found this is really the hardest part.

Good luck! Oh and take notes

I have the auto high beam option pop out on the radio and it says it in the cluster once I activate them, but I still haven’t seen them turn on once.

You said that one of the options for auto high beam is not needed?
I think activated them all and maybe that’s why they’re not turning on?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the auto high beam option pop out on the radio and it says it in the cluster once I activate them, but I still haven’t seen them turn on once.

You said that one of the options for auto high beam is not needed?
I think activated them all and maybe that’s why they’re not turning on?

If you have it selected in the radio settings and you flip the stalk forward when the headlights are in the auto position by the dial and you get the automatic high beam enabled in the evic then I am at a loss. I will say they are more sensitive than what was in my GC. Depending on light levels (driving at dark), they will not come on below a certain speed and will not be on when stopped.

Yes, I removed the ASBM Present from the auto high beam set because I found out having it selected made no difference in them working. It is one of the settings I originally set because I was having difficulty getting them activated. Check the link in this post that Mpgrimm2 directed me to.

Enabling factory option codes without the dealer

My issue ended up being in the program itself. When selecting Auto High Beam Module Location, it would not take the setting “ECC_AHBM". After contacting the developer, he sent out a patch that corrected the issue. Check the location and make sure yours reads "ECC_AHBM". Pay attention to when you select it if it reads at the top the current configuration of that setting. It should tell you. Beyond that, I am not sure.

ECC_AHBM.jpg

Last edited: