AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Can anyone on here with the alfaobd upload their own settings ID Log if you have oem factory projector headlights?

I’m trying to activate all the settings so that my oem projector headlights work on my quad equipped ram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's a text file, probably easier to compare.
I pretty much have every option.

It's also a '17 Cummins 2500 if that matters.View attachment SettingsID.txt

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
fO3ZAZI.jpg
my laramie 17 has the led lights turned on and they work as designed, thanks guys!

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I need a little HELP.....I am trying to view the attachment in POST 61 since I too have a '17 2500 and just ordered the ODBMX Link and looking to do several changes. Unfortunately my computer has big problems with this web site that I cannot fix and it absolutely refuses to open the attachment in post 61. If someone here would be so kind to forward me the attachment to my email addie I would be deeply appreciative..........my addie

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Here's a text file, probably easier to compare.
I pretty much have every option.

It's also a '17 Cummins 2500 if that matters.View attachment 136472
Did you edit that file/character returns to make it easier to read? (Was it extracted using the AlfaOBD?

M² Mods.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I need a little HELP.....I am trying to view the attachment in POST 61 since I too have a '17 2500 and just ordered the ODBMX Link and looking to do several changes. Unfortunately my computer has big problems with this web site that I cannot fix and it absolutely refuses to open the attachment in post 61. If someone here would be so kind to forward me the attachment to my email addie I would be deeply appreciative..........my addie

Mike, email was sent. You will likely want to download a free program called " notepad ++ " if it doesn't look right with a standard text editor
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Also,
Delete/edit your email from the previous post

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Using windows, you can also right click the link and click "save link as". Then it will download to your PC.

Chach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did you edit that file/character returns to make it easier to read? (Was it extracted using the AlfaOBD?

M² Mods.
I use notepad ++ to view the log file and saved it as a .txt file for compatibility. Notepad ++ is the best for this kind of stuff

sam-aye-am

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I'm trying to use the WIN 10 version.

Was finally able to connect (I think) using COM5 on my laptop by selecting the "advanced options" and what everyone is recommending for a bluetooth OBD transmitter.--->OBDLink MX.

I mistakenly selected the wrong BCM under the device list in the advanced mode settings and all hell broke loose. LCD display on dash went haywire cycling through every possible dipslay combination with outlying guage needles cycling. Pulled the OBDLink MX and tried my normal "BlueDriver" OBD bluetooth device to see if I could pull codes and it wouldn't connect. Truck wouldn't start either.

Disconnected batteries for a bit and reconnected. Dash was normal and truck would start. Read codes with the bluedriver thing and there were a boatload. For whatever reason, it takes a while for me to clear all the codes.

Tired one more time, this time selecting the chrysler BCM in the drop down menu for "devices." Success - I think. I can't figure out what to do from here.

In the WIN10 version, there are a couple of tabs...Start, Status/Faults, Plotted Data, Active Diagnostic, Manual Connect, and About.

In the "Status/Faults" tab - I can see what everyone else seems to have as a log/ txt output by clicking on "Read System ID." And for what I'm trying to do...turn on ventilated seats...I can see the option in two places...ECU 3 and under "Memory Configuration". IN my case it is set in ECU 3...probably because I used the OBDGennie. But it isn't set in the "Memory Configuration" portion of the system ID text. I can't seem to find a way to change this either.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sending you a PM

MagicMike74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I own a 2018 RCSB Sport R/T 2WD. I have automatic down windows. But they do not automatic back up... Is there a way to re-program them to add this feature?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Removed

Edit Reason: Brain Fart

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I own a 2018 RCSB Sport R/T 2WD. I have automatic down windows. But they do not automatic back up... Is there a way to re-program them to add this feature?
I'm pretty sure truck should have the express up and down feature not just the down feature. It sounds to me like your window Express systems needs to be reset. Try this: Have the window in the up position push down on the switch and hold it until the window comes all the way down and stops and then continue to hold it for around another four to five seconds then raise the window all the way back up holding the switch the whole time and when it reaches the top hold it for around for 5 seconds then turn the key off at the truck sit for a minute and turn back on and see if it reset. If that doesn't do the trick there might be something on YouTube or in the owner's manual to reset it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I'm pretty sure truck should have the express up and down feature not just the down feature. It sounds to me like your window Express systems needs to be reset. Try this: Have the window in the up position push down on the switch and hold it until the window comes all the way down and stops and then continue to hold it for around another four to five seconds then raise the window all the way back up holding the switch the whole time and when it reaches the top hold it for around for 5 seconds then turn the key off at the truck sit for a minute and turn back on and see if it reset. If that doesn't do the trick there might be something on YouTube or in the owner's manual to reset it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram and Ghost Ram....hey guys thanks for all the info on this. Unfortunately for me I am a noob in this stuff since I am an old guy and need much help, just ask Grimm and DeereGuy. I have ordered the OBDLink MX as well as a new android tablet (just for use with my Ram 2500) to do the changes to the BCM. Up until this point I have been using a rented AutoEnginuity. So this looks like a great alternative especially since the OBDLink MX has more access to the BCM. All of which leads me to ask you guys a possible favor for noobs like me. Can you post screen shots on just how you get to the correct menus so that changes to the BCM can be made? A "how to" in other words. I have NO idea where to start after you get the MX bluetooth linked up and open the program. ANY help would be most appreciated by me...................

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll do a basic write up with some screenshots in a little while.

YES!! THANK YOU!......You have no idea how much I would appreciate your (and Ricks Ram) help since I do not want to bork up my BCM.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. I am not too good at these and for whatever reason my Android wouldn't cooperate when trying to screenshot directly from the device.

After connecting via Bluetooth to the program, your screen should look something similar to the image below. Of course, change whatever settings you need for your specific truck. Mine is a 2016 Ram 1500 Express so it will look different for some.

Select your car model - ??
Select function - Body Computer
Select control unit - Body Computer MY2013-17 or Body Computer MYXXXX(whater year yours might be)

1.jpg
2.jpg

From there you should be met with the following screen.
3.jpg

Click connect...

4.jpg

After selecting connect, you will be able to select the battery, check engine or the little car with the hood up at the bottom. These each have their own function to read the system ID, check for faults or make changes inside the BCM.

5.jpg

More in next post

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Screenshot of the faults page.

7.jpg

Below is the screen you will see after selecting the little car at the bottom. From here there is a drop down menu with a list of items. The two you will be in the most is Car Configuration Change and Program Customer Features.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

You will see drop down menus on each screen. In Car Configuration Change you find a very extensive list of options to choose from. Not all have been explored so do so at your own risk. As with all of them really. Lol

11.jpg

More in next post....

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll do a basic write up with some screenshots in a little while.

Ghost Ram....many thanks.........So changes to the BCM are made in all three categories? Settings are found in the "battery", "check engine" and the "little car"? When I go into each one of the categories and scroll through it and find a setting I want to change to "set" or "present" I am assuming I click on it or highlight it and the program will give me an option make the change to set/present? Sorry for all the questions, you have been extremely helpful...........

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For example, down the list you will find DRL settings. When you click on the first DRL setting it should look like this. The nice thing about this is you can choose one from the list (Optional DRL has been proven).

12.jpg

When you click on Optional DRL it will confirm with you your current settings in the upper right box.

14.jpg

After making your selection it will ask you to click Next. If your option selected is the same as the current configuration it will just say start again...

15.jpg

I may have some of those images a little off but after starting the procedure it will give you a confirmation saying "Procedure Completed"

IMG_5082.jpg

Hopefully that actually helped someone and not got them more confused. Lol