AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Also I seen a spot to change voltage to the lights. Can i up the voltage a bit to brighten the whites? They don't burn at full power even though they're set to drl

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You might be able to, but the high and low beam DRLs are not supposed to be at full power. They run at half power by design.

-K

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
O

I could make FOGS, TURN SIGNALS (the "incorrect way" with brighter LED's) and LOW BEAMS come on as DRL's by toggling #3 above. But not HIGH BEAMS.

Interesting!

-Guzzler

FOOTNOTE:

After doing all this, I'm leaving it this way with turns signals on. I know it's slightly brighter and "incorrect" as it relates to the factory setting of using the dedicated DRL circuit and slightly dimmer turn signal illumination. But I have two sets of HID headlamp fixtures and these are my "mules" and I like slightly brighter LED turn signals as DRL's. :D If I burn one or both out, I'll do some surgery on them and buy some switchback LED's for fun. ;)

I tried both methods with the turn signals when the new method first came to light and I could not see any difference in brightness between the two. I even filmed it to compare. Do you really see a brightness difference on yours?

-K

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You might be able to, but the high and low beam DRLs are not supposed to be at full power. They run at half power by design.

-K
Wondering if this would work to just brighten the whites. Maybe not run at full 11.4v but maybe 9 or so23cf187ca8cba24f2a94fe4e7a763f77.jpg31afa1bf2aca8544f615548533e7b2b2.jpg

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Wondering if this would work to just brighten the whites. Maybe not run at full 11.4v but maybe 9 or so23cf187ca8cba24f2a94fe4e7a763f77.jpg31afa1bf2aca8544f615548533e7b2b2.jpg

That is the setting that has been theorized to do it, I just don't know if anyone has actually tried it yet.

-K

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That is the setting that has been theorized to do it, I just don't know if anyone has actually tried it yet.

-K
I did it. I'll let the people know if it worked. I have aftermarket led boards in my lights and the whites are capable of 12v so I made them the 11.4v.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
H all,
New here, first post. 2017 EcoD Tradesman and I love it! Have already used info in this thread to program a new key fob, thanks. I replaced power/heated mirrors with power heated tow mirrors, manual fold. I would like to activate the turn signals and puddle lights. I have tried the search feature to no avail. If some could just tell me the post number I can take it from there.
Great forum with a lot of great info.
CanyonMan

Oside5ka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where is this section located it's the last part I need for DRL. Customer Service Menus: Daytime Running Lights CSM
Select “yes

67Guzzler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I tried both methods with the turn signals when the new method first came to light and I could not see any difference in brightness between the two. I even filmed it to compare. Do you really see a brightness difference on yours?

-K
Yes -- I figured out a trick to tell the difference.

With the proper setup:

1) CBC I/O right dedicated DRL Lamp output present- YES
2) CBC I/O left dedicated DRL Lamp output present- YES
3) CBC features- DRL lamp location- DEDICATED
4) CBC Features LED dedicated DRL present- YES

If you turn on the turn signal, it will BRIGHTEN slightly from the DRL brightness when the blinks commence. There will be DRL illumination, then a flash of slightly brighter light just as you hit the turn signal stalk. I think it's only about 10% brighter in spite of what people say. I think the dedicated DRL turn signals are 90% as bright as using the non-dedicated DRL method (as listed below).

Doing it manually and not using the DEDICATED settings and choosing the turn signals as the option (the way I have it now) -- changes below:

1) CBC I/O right dedicated DRL Lamp output present- YES --> NO
2) CBC I/O left dedicated DRL Lamp output present- YES --> NO
3) CBC features- DRL lamp location- DEDICATED --> Turn Signal
4) CBC Features LED dedicated DRL present- YES --> NO

Unlike when they are the dedicated output, when you move the stalk to engage the turn signals, the light doesn't brighten at all on the initial blink because they're already on full blast. I prefer this in spite of the warnings I'll burn out my turn signals.

-Guzzler

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
H all,
New here, first post. 2017 EcoD Tradesman and I love it! Have already used info in this thread to program a new key fob, thanks. I replaced power/heated mirrors with power heated tow mirrors, manual fold. I would like to activate the turn signals and puddle lights. I have tried the search feature to no avail. If some could just tell me the post number I can take it from there.
Great forum with a lot of great info.
CanyonMan

In the 1st post, near the bottom is a link titled "AlphaOBD Code Settings List". That will take you to a Google Drive. The file you want is called "AlphaOBD Known Working Settings.doc"

These are the ones you want for the mirrors you installed.

Doors Configuration:
Puddle Lamp Present: Set
Mirror turn signals present: Set
Mirror Approach Lights Present: Set
Tow Mirror Present: Set

-K

joe roberson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There is a kit out there to have the mirror signals on with park/headlights but no, Alfa cannot do that.

Trailer brake settings in "Known Working" linked from the first page and my signature.
Trailer Brake Controller:

Trailer select csm

Select “yes”

Trailer name csm

Select “yes”

Trailer type csm

Select “yes”

ITBM/HWM integrated trailer brake module

Select “enable”

Mine is saying,”conditions can not be verified, procedure terminated”. On the trailer selected CSM. On mine it says CustSetMenu 2- trailer selected csm. Not sure if that matters.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Where is that last one at I can't find it

Vehicle Config Customer Settings Menu 1:
Auto door lock customer settings menu: Set
Auto door unlock customer settings menu: Set
Daytime running lights customer settings menu: Set

This is in the Android version:

Screenshot-20190125-164913.jpg

-K

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is saying,”conditions can not be verified, procedure terminated”. On the trailer selected CSM. On mine it says CustSetMenu 2- trailer selected csm. Not sure if that matters.

You can try backing out of Alfa then force closing the program. Make connection again and see if that helps.

The CustSetMenu 2- trailer selected csm is the one you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yes -- I figured out a trick to tell the difference.

With the proper setup:

1) CBC I/O right dedicated DRL Lamp output present- YES
2) CBC I/O left dedicated DRL Lamp output present- YES
3) CBC features- DRL lamp location- DEDICATED
4) CBC Features LED dedicated DRL present- YES

If you turn on the turn signal, it will BRIGHTEN slightly from the DRL brightness when the blinks commence. There will be DRL illumination, then a flash of slightly brighter light just as you hit the turn signal stalk. I think it's only about 10% brighter in spite of what people say. I think the dedicated DRL turn signals are 90% as bright as using the non-dedicated DRL method (as listed below).

Doing it manually and not using the DEDICATED settings and choosing the turn signals as the option (the way I have it now) -- changes below:

1) CBC I/O right dedicated DRL Lamp output present- YES --> NO
2) CBC I/O left dedicated DRL Lamp output present- YES --> NO
3) CBC features- DRL lamp location- DEDICATED --> Turn Signal
4) CBC Features LED dedicated DRL present- YES --> NO

Unlike when they are the dedicated output, when you move the stalk to engage the turn signals, the light doesn't brighten at all on the initial blink because they're already on full blast. I prefer this in spite of the warnings I'll burn out my turn signals.

-Guzzler

Thanks. I'll have to set the camera up on a tripod and run the tests again to see if mine behaves the same way. I was just looking at them in "sitting there with the DRLs on" mode using each method, I didn't play with the turn signals in my original test.

-K

joe roberson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You can try backing out of Alfa then force closing the program. Make connection again and see if that helps.

The CustSetMenu 2- trailer selected csm is the one you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried that and did it again for good measure, still the same message .

How can I activate the puddle lights on the mirrors? I got the blinkers to work but that's all.

Oside5ka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the DRL not available to those of us that have the basic radio cause I have done everything g in ALFA and still have nothing. I have upgraded aftermarket Projectors with HID lows and LED highs but still a stock base radio