AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Well, Looks like I couldnt wait for Alfa to be able to reset the mileage. Mine left for NavRepair today. With the stipulation that they call me to get mileage and hours when they get ready to fix it, that way I can still drive the truck.

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Well, Looks like I couldnt wait for Alfa to be able to reset the mileage. Mine left for NavRepair today. With the stipulation that they call me to get mileage and hours when they get ready to fix it, that way I can still drive the truck.

I emailed them today and I believe that's who I'm gonna use, too. As long as I can get my commuter car back on the road, I'll just park my truck until it gets back.
They have the best price and they're pretty close to me, shipping wise.

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I emailed them today and I believe that's who I'm gonna use, too. As long as I can get my commuter car back on the road, I'll just park my truck until it gets back.

They will call you when they get ready to set the data. Then they will add up to 100 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Also side note, if you’re military they give 10% discount.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you run into any issues, let me know and I’ll do what I can to help out. I really don’t think you will though. Take it slow and apply one setting at a time then give the truck time to sleep. I’ve found this is really the hardest part.

Good luck! Oh and take notes

I installed EC & Memory Auto Reverse mirrors.

I hate to assume things so I have to ask. One thing at a time, is the below considered one thing or is each step? Including CMS if available?

Auto Tilt Mirrors in Reverse
Driver Memory Mirrors Present
Select "Yes"
Passenger Memory Mirrors Present
Select "Yes"
Tilt mirror in reverse
Select "Yes"

Would you do memory the EC and memory settings in different sessions?

Thanks

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I believe the main reason for one step at a time is so you can more easily keep track of the changes made, thus making it easier to narrow down if you have issues.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed EC & Memory Auto Reverse mirrors.

I hate to assume things so I have to ask. One thing at a time, is the below considered one thing or is each step? Including CMS if available?

Auto Tilt Mirrors in Reverse
Driver Memory Mirrors Present
Select "Yes"
Passenger Memory Mirrors Present
Select "Yes"
Tilt mirror in reverse
Select "Yes"

Would you do memory the EC and memory settings in different sessions?

Thanks
Assuming you have the correct mirrors installed (chrome capped/more than 4 wires on white plug) for the tilt in reverse feature, you should be able to set the 3 together. Where most have gotten in trouble is getting distracted while going down the list and setting things either they had no idea what they would do or things with hardware not installed in their trucks. Best advise I can give is to take plenty of notes and make sure the feature you set actually sets before moving along to the next.

One of the features that require "one" setting to be changed at a time before moving on would be the MTC to ATC control. You must make sure each step takes before moving on. Good luck and take your time!

busterbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Bought the app and Bluetooth OBD adapter a couple of days ago. Adapter will be delivered today. Needed the 4 digit pin for the tpms thresholds. At my selling dealer now. Went directly to the parts counter. Asked for the FOBIK pin for a FOB replacement. The parts guy said he didn't think he could give it out. He had to go ask. He came back 3 minutes later and asked for my driver's license and registration. Wrote down the pin and said "you're all set". Easy peezey and free. Now can't wait to use the app later today.

719c6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone done or know the process of programming a fob for a 2011? I know this is generally for the 2013+ but the other forum thread has very little info. I have alfaobd working fine so just curious as how to add a fob. Dont want to brick my Ram.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Has anyone done or know the process of programming a fob for a 2011? I know this is generally for the 2013+ but the other forum thread has very little info. I have alfaobd working fine so just curious as how to add a fob. Dont want to brick my Ram.

Pretty sure you can do that with just two fobs. YouTube shows you how. 2013 is when I’ve seen they cut off that ability.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You would select radio frequency hub for select function, then select wireless control module my2011-12 non PowerNet for control unit. Then select program ignition keys or key fobs and follow the instructions. Don’t worry about running “ELV/ESCL replaced” or “PEM replaced” as you don’t have an electronic steering column lock or a passive entry module.

719c6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You would select radio frequency hub for select function, then select wireless control module my2011-12 non PowerNet for control unit. Then select program ignition keys or key fobs and follow the instructions. Don’t worry about running “ELV/ESCL replaced” or “PEM replaced” as you don’t have an electronic steering column lock or a passive entry module.

I went through the menu options but was unsure about the EVL/ESCL/PEM items. But if you say I don't need to worry about them, guess I'll try later. Thanks!

719c6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty sure you can do that with just two fobs. YouTube shows you how. 2013 is when I’ve seen they cut off that ability.

It doesn't work with my 2011 either.

Pucknuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So on my outside temp is stuck? 24 deg! Is there a way to reset it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So on my outside temp is stuck? 24 deg! Is there a way to reset it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Did you change something with the alpha tool to cause it or did just to seem to happen on its own?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say something with the ambient temp sensor but I thought that would read a lot lower.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Usually when the ambient temp sensor is defective it defaults to negative 40゚ the first thing I would recommend doing his disconnect the battery cables and touch them together wait for around 20 minutes in reconnect them it may reset for you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk