AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nomercy346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are what your settings should be that have to do with DRLs:

CBC I/O right dedicated DRL lamp output present> yes
CBC I/O left dedicated DRL lamp output present > yes
LED dedicated DRL present> yes
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM> yes

Still missing these - some of the logs I've seen online the I/O settings as well as LED dedicated DRL present were NOT turned on, but I'll make sure to change them

what about the
ECU Qualification - Control-Dedicated DRL: No
Guess this has to be set to yes as well?

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
The Cargo Cam was an option from 2013 on. This is a pic of my Cargo Cam in my 16 radio installed in my 14 Ram

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you! Do you have a link to the 3rd break light & harness you used for this?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Still missing these - some of the logs I've seen online the I/O settings as well as LED dedicated DRL present were NOT turned on, but I'll make sure to change them

what about the
ECU Qualification - Control-Dedicated DRL: No
Guess this has to be set to yes as well?
If you see it, then yes. That doesn’t come up for me when I connect to 2016-2017 bcm.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you! Do you have a link to the 3rd break light & harness you used for this?
I had the harness made by M2mods. They are a vendor on the forum.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
No they don't work. I have enabled this feature on several trucks and I know they will only roll down as long as you hold the button. They start for a split second and then stop. Not a big deal he will never use it anyway. I mostly did it because it's an easy code and I was feeling out the truck. On a positive note the auto high beams seem to be activated. 034d400dc589c71d4bf9a72479c5cab5.jpg

Is there any hardware required for the auto high beams and have they worked well or as expected for you so far? Definitely considering them as an upgrade for me..lots of deer here!

2016 Tradesman 2500 6.7 with modify street lights and LEDs..

Thank you!

Bill

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any hardware required for the auto high beams and have they worked well or as expected for you so far? Definitely considering them as an upgrade for me..lots of deer here!

2016 Tradesman 2500 6.7 with modify street lights and LEDs..

Thank you!

Bill

You need to purchase a Smart Beam (Auto High Beam) mirror. If your truck currently has a microphone mirror your harness with be correct. You will also need to enable the codes with the alfa tool. Be careful when purchasing the Smart Beam mirror if you purchase it from Ebay or a wrecking yard. They are listed incorrectly all the time. The Smart beam is only an option on the Laramie and higher trim levels. It is standard on the Longhorn and Limited. It is available on the standard Laramie but is not standard. It's part of the group 32 option package. The smart beam mirror will have the camera looking device on the back if the mirror like the one in the pictureab845624b5227c772aaf90886fd6f1cc.jpg

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
You need to purchase a Smart Beam (Auto High Beam) mirror. If your truck currently has a microphone mirror your harness with be correct. You will also need to enable the codes with the alfa tool. Be careful when purchasing the Smart Beam mirror if you purchase it from Ebay or a wrecking yard. They are listed incorrectly all the time. The Smart beam is only an option on the Laramie and higher trim levels. It is standard on the Longhorn and Limited. It is available on the standard Laramie but is not standard. It's part of the group 32 option package. The smart beam mirror will have the camera looking device on the back if the mirror like the one in the pictureab845624b5227c772aaf90886fd6f1cc.jpg

I do have two microphones in my current mirror..ok will look for this smart beam mirror...I have and love the aphaOBD and MX+..thank you!!

As far as performance, you happy with it?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have two microphones in my current mirror..ok will look for this smart beam mirror...I have and love the aphaOBD and MX+..thank you!!

As far as performance, you happy with it?

I have done a few if them including mine and they have all worked pretty well. Simple mod to do and worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
I have done a few if them including mine and they have all worked pretty well. Simple mod to do and worth in in my opinion.

Thank you!
Any special trick to removing the mirror, looks like it's cammed on or has a special release?

Bill

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you!
Any special trick to removing the mirror, looks like it's cammed on or has a special release?

Bill

Firmly grab the base with both hands and start twisting counter clockwise. It should pop of. Reverse the procedure to re install it. I recommend removing and installing it with both mirror covers attached. It's easier.

nomercy346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you see it, then yes. That doesn’t come up for me when I connect to 2016-2017 bcm.
Alright, just made it work. Turned on the rest of the settings including the one that basically is just the check mark on the screen and I now have the DRLs on and the disable option in the uconnect.
The ECU-Qualification setting I asked about actually set itself after I changed the rest of the settings you posted, there is no way to change that manually as far as I could see.

Thanks guys!

JMod45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I have a 2012, and was a little worried this app wouldn't integrate with my truck well. I went ahead and bought it, and was able to add my trailer brake controller to the computer with no issues. I already had the OBD2 that everyone talks about. Dealer wanted $180 to add this to the computer, so I saved $130 going this route. Much thanks to the creators of this app, and this forum for having so much data on it.

Is there a version of this for Ford or Chevy vehicles? Friend of mine upgraded the diesel tank on their F250, so the gauge, and distance to empty is way off now. This app could fix that if it were a Ram.

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Is there a version of this for Ford or Chevy vehicles? Friend of mine upgraded the diesel tank on their F250, so the gauge, and distance to empty is way off now. This app could fix that if it were a Ram.

There is a program called Forscan that works on many Ford vehicles. Nothing I have seen for Chevy.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk

Sweetolbryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
While looking thru AlfaOBD I saw a setting that had "panic" in the title. Can Alfa disable the panic button on my fobs. I truly hate it when it gets pushed by accident. I cut the rubber switch nub out of my GMC fobs, but i would like an elegant solution on my 2018 2500 Laramie
Thanks!

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While looking thru AlfaOBD I saw a setting that had "panic" in the title. Can Alfa disable the panic button on my fobs. I truly hate it when it gets pushed by accident. I cut the rubber switch nub out of my GMC fobs, but i would like an elegant solution on my 2018 2500 Laramie
Thanks!
I opened up the fob and put a piece of electrical tape on the contact for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rock$tar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Is there a setting to disable PWM and error detection on the high beams?

I have found the setting for the low beams (VehConfig 3 - High Intensity Discharge Head Lamps -> YES) and turning the fogs to LEDs disables it for the fogs, but setting Highs to LEDs does not disable PWM for the high beams (same as low beams, you need to use the VehConfig 3 setting).

Another question. Is it possible to enable the clearance lights with the DRLs (side markers and cab lights)? Ive seen some 5500 come like this I believe.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is there a setting to disable PWM and error detection on the high beams?

I have found the setting for the low beams (VehConfig 3 - High Intensity Discharge Head Lamps -> YES) and turning the fogs to LEDs disables it for the fogs, but setting Highs to LEDs does not disable PWM for the high beams (same as low beams, you need to use the VehConfig 3 setting).

Another question. Is it possible to enable the clearance lights with the DRLs (side markers and cab lights)? Ive seen some 5500 come like this I believe.
I don’t even think the high beam circuit uses PWM. How are you determining that it’s not being disabled?
The clearance lights a wired directly to the power distribution center, and are not run through the BCM, so unless you rewire them to the dedicated DRL circuit, you won’t be able to use them as DRLs (unless you just turn the light switch to parking lights only).

Rock$tar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
you are correct on the wiring jimmy i believe but the BCM determines what relays are active on the TIPM. Just wondering if there was a setting to turn on the clearance lights (roof and mirrors) any time the truck is on without ******* up the mirror ones blinking with the turn signals.

i noticed my highbeams blink randomly on the highway at night. This makes me believe they use PWM like the other lights.

Rock$tar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
So your saying I should be able to just throw a cheap set of HIDs in the highbeams without the canbus modules like you do on the low beams after disabling PWM?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So your saying I should be able to just throw a cheap set of HIDs in the highbeams without the canbus modules like you do on the low beams after disabling PWM?
It’s pretty rare that you see guys using HIDs for high beams, just because of the warmup time would make the flash to pass feature useless, and most only use them for minutes at a time. Those who use LEDs, they pretty much always just work, no matter what brand, without altering the BCM. If canbus modules are needed, it is just to inhibit a bulb out error.
On the clearance lights, there’s just no way for the AlfaOBD to make them DRLs. You would have to do some custom wiring. I would just use the dedicated DRL circuits with diodes to feed them along with the parking light circuit.