AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My father has a 18' Ram 2500 6.7 Tradesman with the factory RA2 5" touchscreen and under the 'More' button he has a soft key that says rear camera and when you click on it the soft key lights up recognizing that you have touched it & the radio will beep but it does not show his factory backup camera or do anything. Anyone else's 2018 or 2017 have this or know anything about it. Just trying to figure out why it doesn't with. Figured it should be like the trailer hitch camera on my UAQ I installed in my 2017. His truck is completely stock 100%. bd4098ca5dc201fa89778af96a50ff4b.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT/HPP tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, upper glove box, OEM style front camera, under hood light, bed lights, 5th wheel prep, tailgate assist, cl running boards, aux switches, black Laramie wheels, rear seat mod

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if AlfaOBD works with a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic since it's basically a 2018 Ram? I'd like to make sure be for I go and purchase the app and an android device. Thanks
My buddy has the 2019 Classic and the tool works fine on it. I have added
Auto High Beam,
Passenger auto dim mirror,
DRL's and tilt in reverse mirrors so far with no issues. We are getting ready to do the push button start with proximity handles next.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mark Ray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Auto High Beam,
DRL's and tilt in reverse mirrors so far with no issues. We are getting ready to do the push button start with proximity handles next.

You have lots of plans!! All I want to do is have the fog lights on with the high beams!!! LOL

NewBlu2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Auto High Beam,

Is the mirror and cable all that is needed for the auto high beams. And the auto tilt mirrors work on my 18 Express with tow package

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the mirror and cable all that is needed for the auto high beams. And the auto tilt mirrors work on my 18 Express with tow package

If your truck currently doesn't have the mirror harness then yes you will need to add it plus the correct Smart Beam mirror. This option was only available in the Laramie and higher trim levels. They are listed incorrectly all the time by wrecking yards so make sure you do your research before you buy a used one. The outside memory mirrors are also something that is found in the higher trim levels and are normally the chrome capped mirrors. You will know if it's a memory capable mirror if it has more than four wires in the white mirror connector. The mirrors your truck currently has will not tilt in reverse. This is a picture of the Smart Beam mirror. You can see the camera lens to detect headlights. This one has microphones on it because it's off of a 13 to 16 Ram. Yours would look the same but without the microphones. 8fb5d7d38d56360fa605b13778916f2e.jpg

NewBlu2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your truck currently doesn't have the mirror harness then yes you will need to add it plus the correct Smart Beam mirror. This option was only available in the Laramie and higher trim levels. They are listed incorrectly all the time by wrecking yards so make sure you do your research before you buy a used one. The outside memory mirrors are also something that is found in the higher trim levels and are normally the chrome capped mirrors. You will know if it's a memory capable mirror if it has more than four wires in the white mirror connector. The mirrors your truck currently has will not tilt in reverse. This is a picture of the Smart Beam mirror. You can see the camera lens to detect headlights. This one has microphones on it because it's off of a 13 to 16 Ram. Yours would look the same but without the microphones. 8fb5d7d38d56360fa605b13778916f2e.jpg

Just to make sure the tilt mirrors will fit if I purchase them though. There was another discussion where I was reading saying the towing package blocks certain things from working even with the correct parts and alfaobd. Also thank you for all the info nice to find accurate info.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to make sure the tilt mirrors will fit if I purchase them though. There was another discussion where I was reading saying the towing package blocks certain things from working even with the correct parts and alfaobd. Also thank you for all the info nice to find accurate info.

Yes they should work fine as long as you install the correct mirrors. I have seen alot of people having some problems with certain features not working on aftermarket tow mirrors so I'm not sure what would be a good choice. The factory memory capable tow mirrors are all chrome capped mirrors as far as I know so if your trying to avoid the chrome mirrors you may need to go aftermarket. We installed the factory Laramie tow mirrors on STecoD's truck (with tow package) and they worked fine. My truck also came with the tow package and I installed the standard Laramie mirrors on my truck and the tilt in reverse works fine. I did have to change my drivers side door module because for some reason it wouldn't take the code but that wasn't anything related to the tow package. I'm not sure what the other discussion was about that you are referring to. I don't recall seeing it.

JetAxe33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just purchased a OBDlink MX+ and once it arrives, I will be purchasing the AlphaOBD program. My truck is a 2014 1500 Ram Express Quadcab Blacktop edition. Other than the DRL option and Window down option, I am not sure what else I should think about doing. Everything is stock and I don't have things like cameras, EVIC dash or auto dimming light sensors. Any suggestions on what I should look for? I am reading through this feed and am on page 40 out of the 750 pages included!

14EcoRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I just purchased a OBDlink MX+ and once it arrives, I will be purchasing the AlphaOBD program. My truck is a 2014 1500 Ram Express Quadcab Blacktop edition. Other than the DRL option and Window down option, I am not sure what else I should think about doing. Everything is stock and I don't have things like cameras, EVIC dash or auto dimming light sensors. Any suggestions on what I should look for? I am reading through this feed and am on page 40 out of the 750 pages included!
Fog’s on with High Beams

LED Reverse Lights

LED Fog Lights

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Question for you guys.

What are the option which can be enabled using the AlfaOBD?
I have a 2016 Limited so as far as I knew everything was enabled.

I would like to have windows down option when off the Key Fob like my older cars.

Is there a list of options available for me to look at?
If I wanted to enable the windows down and maybe Fog with High Beams, do you think it is a worthwhile investment for just a couple of things?

Is this a universal unit which could be used with other males and models?

Thank You

14EcoRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Question for you guys.

What are the option which can be enabled using the AlfaOBD?
I have a 2016 Limited so as far as I knew everything was enabled.

I would like to have windows down option when off the Key Fob like my older cars.

Is there a list of options available for me to look at?
If I wanted to enable the windows down and maybe Fog with High Beams, do you think it is a worthwhile investment for just a couple of things?

Is this a universal unit which could be used with other males and models?

Thank You
Check out page 1 of this thread.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Basically you can add whatever you want. My truck is also an Express and I've added pretty much every option available as have many other people. If you go to the first page if the thread and look up the known working codes list it will show you some of the more popular ones. In short if you want it you can pretty much add it. If you post what you have decided you want to try someone will usually chime in and point you in the right direction and tell you what's needed. This thread has been great about not slamming people for asking questions that we have gone over and explained already. GhostRam keeps it updated and everyone is helpful for the most part. I reccomend reading as much as you can in the first post to familiarize yourself with the tool and mods that have already been done.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Check out page 1 of this thread.

I have already read that, are there other things possibly in the future with this can enable. I have most of not all of the above features activated from the factory.
I guess my question should have been are there any other non factory options which can be enabled, besides the windows down via key fob, and fog lights with high beams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mark Ray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have aquired a android tablet now. Besides the AlfaOBD app download and the OBDLink MX Bluetooth tool is there anything else I need for a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic? not sure if I need the Security bypass harness mentioned on page 1......any input form the experienced folks since I've not done this before. Thanks in advance

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have aquired a android tablet now. Besides the AlfaOBD app download and the OBDLink MX Bluetooth tool is there anything else I need for a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic? not sure if I need the Security bypass harness mentioned on page 1......any input form the experienced folks since I've not done this before. Thanks in advance

I'm 99% sure you need the security bypass for the 18 2500/3500 not the 1500 version. I believe that the wiring had changed in the 19 classic

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks man I just found it but will probably change it again. Too long really just nice for people to know the 'specs' if your having a problem you need help with that way you don't have to type it out each time.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT/HPP tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, upper glove box, OEM style front camera, bed lights, 5th wheel prep, tailgate assist, cl running boards, aux switches, black Laramie wheels, rear seat mod

@Austen now your signature is showing twice lol... Ditch the TT one,, your original one is showing up fine. Or ditch the Forum one, whichever you prefer. For that matter, better IMO to list major stuff only, and put everything else in a build thread and link to it. We don't need to know about your footwell lighting, mudflaps, hood lamp, dash mat etc from your sig :).

screenshot-23.png

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have heard already read that, are there other things possibly in the future with this can enable. I have most of not all of the above features activated from the factory.
I guess my question should have been are there any other non factory options which can be enabled, besides the windows down via key fob, and fog lights with high beams?

Depends on what you are looking to do. A big one is enabling led's for turn/parkwhich is already enabled on your truck, led reverse/license/fogs/plate lights and led's/hid's for highs which is not a factory option.

The future options are endless but it depends on the developer's ability to access the coding and find out how to change it. But alphaobd also works on just about every FCA product so his time is split between all of them and depending on what platforms get the most feedback he focuses on those. Alexey is somewhere in Europe and has a partner in Bellaire TX who I think is his primary source for ram truck's, dodge and jeep products

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Now your signature is showing twice lol... Ditch the TT one, your original one is showing up fine. For that matter, better IMO to list major stuff only, and put everything else in a build thread and link to it. We don't need to know about your footwell lighting, mudflaps, hood lamp, dash mat etc from your sig :).

screenshot-23.png
I think I got it fixed man thank you lol! I will try to find where the build list is so I can type everything out!

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT/HPP tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, upper glove box, OEM style front camera, 5th wheel prep, tailgate assist, aux switches

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think I got it fixed man thank you lol! I will try to find where the build list is so I can type everything out!

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT/HPP tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, upper glove box, OEM style front camera, 5th wheel prep, tailgate assist, aux switches

yeah just create a build thread in the Member Trucks section, bonus is you can continually reply and add to it as you make future changes.

https://www.ramforum.com/forums/member-trucks.17/

You can see my sig for example, or if you are on TT and can't see it then here's a link... I listed the major items, and then a hot link to my build thread where I pound out the minute details lol. There are many other build threads there also so you can check them out and set it up however you like :waytogo:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2016-big-horn-mod-build-thread.124800/#post-1796541

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Depends on what you are looking to do. A big one is enabling led's for turn/parkwhich is already enabled on your truck, led reverse/license/fogs/plate lights and led's/hid's for highs which is not a factory option.

The future options are endless but it depends on the developer's ability to access the coding and find out how to change it. But alphaobd also works on just about every FCA product so his time is split between all of them and depending on what platforms get the most feedback he focuses on those. Alexey is somewhere in Europe and has a partner in Bellaire TX who I think is his primary source for ram truck's, dodge and jeep products

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Thank you for your help.

I have purchased canbus LED bulbs for all of my non LED bulbs.

Is there anyone here from Long Island who is familiar with enabling the windows down feature?

I would gladly pay for your time if you could enable that for me. Since this is my daily driver I leave the tuning and other programming to people who have more knowledge than I do.

Last edited: