AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
has there been any updates to the odo

well im bummed..

the 7" evic I bought the sellers stated mileage was off.. he said it had 62K on it give or take a little and im coming up on 62K figured I would drive it and watch mileage to toss evic in so main odo miles matched and then set the hours to my current

installed it yesterday so I could see the mileage I needed to match and the 7" only has 59491 so im well past that already..

with that said, i know people have contacted him BUT has anyone heard back from alex regarding his partner in texas coming up with a fix so we can program them??

He should be rolling out an update with the fix for mileage correction soon. His partner in Texas does have a 7" evic in hand so it shouldn't be long before they have it figured out. I am patiently waiting for this update.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
has there been any updates to the odo

well im bummed..

the 7" evic I bought the sellers stated mileage was off.. he said it had 62K on it give or take a little and im coming up on 62K figured I would drive it and watch mileage to toss evic in so main odo miles matched and then set the hours to my current

installed it yesterday so I could see the mileage I needed to match and the 7" only has 59491 so im well past that already..

with that said, i know people have contacted him BUT has anyone heard back from alex regarding his partner in texas coming up with a fix so we can program them??

I’m waiting too. You can adjust the hours now. That’s what I did

I changed the hours on mine and just took pictures of the mileage on my original cluster and the new 7”. When Alfa can do the mileage correction I’ll just adjust my mileage accordingly. Mines only off a few thousand like yours is and I’m sure this thread will blow up once it’s possible because people won’t have to pay $100+ to get it programmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok, I installed the 7" evic and tried to program both drive and idle hours and it doesn't seem to be taking the change..
let it set 5 minutes between each and no change...

going to let it set 30 minutes or so after this most recent attempt and see what happens

slag009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok, I installed the 7" evic and tried to program both drive and idle hours and it doesn't seem to be taking the change..
let it set 5 minutes between each and no change...

going to let it set 30 minutes or so after this most recent attempt and see what happens
What year truck and cluster?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
didn't work so I just tried it once again..

I go to instrument panel ,

then instrument panel cluster my2013-17 power net ( my truck is a 2013 and the evic is from a 2013 )

then to program customer features

then lifetime idle hours which is 2 , so I set that to 2 hit start and it gives me a procedure completed message

I then go in to lifetime engine hours my truck has 1661 so I add 1661 plus the 2 idle and enter total 1663 and hit start
again it gives me procedure completed message

so far this has not done the trick

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2 idle hours vs 1661 engine hours? Wow!

original owner I guess never let it idle I am 2nd owner and only put 1k miles on it since November
and I don't let it idle hardly at all.. I start it and as soon as cold idle settles down im gone generally 30 seconds or so

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
original owner I guess never let it idle I am 2nd owner and only put 1k miles on it since November
and I don't let it idle hardly at all.. I start it and as soon as cold idle settles down im gone generally 30 seconds or so

When I got my truck with 73 miles on it, it already had something like 8 or 9 idle hours (lots of test drives or maybe even QA at the factory?)

14EcoRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
When I got my truck with 73 miles on it, it already had something like 8 or 9 idle hours (lots of test drives or maybe even QA at the factory?)
Yeah just stopping counts as idle even if it's in drive.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
don't know why mine only shows as 2 hours then unless the guy did nothing but highway..

either way just checked and idle and dive still have not changed so I don't know what the hell is going on

as I believe I am doing it right

14EcoRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
don't know why mine only shows as 2 hours then unless the guy did nothing but highway..

either way just checked and idle and dive still have not changed so I don't know what the hell is going on

as I believe I am doing it right
I don't think the command is working on the 7" cluster as of now.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
a lot of guys have changed their drive and idle hours on the 7" the odometer total doesn't work yet

It's possible on the last update he changed something when he added the odometer correction and now it's not allowing any changes in the 7" evic. It happens all the time. He adds something and it messes with something related.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's possible on the last update he changed something when he added the odometer correction and now it's not allowing any changes in the 7" evic. It happens all the time. He adds something and it messes with something related.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

so reading the steps I took I didn't do anything wrong then?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

then instrument panel cluster my2013-17 power net ( my truck is a 2013 and the evic is from a 2013 )

then lifetime idle hours which is 2 , so I set that to 2 hit start and it gives me a procedure completed message

I then go in to lifetime engine hours my truck has 1661 so I add 1661 plus the 2 idle and enter total 1663 and hit start

________________________________________________________________________________________________

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
so reading the steps I took I didn't do anything wrong then?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sounds like you didn't everything right. I don't have alphaobd in front of me to double check.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
didn't work so I just tried it once again..

Also if you’re taking your numbers off of your 3.5” evic that is what mine said. The thing is with the 3.5” evic when it hits 1500 hours it resets to 0. When I changed my 3” out of my truck my idle was 450 something. And my drive was at 35. It was actually 1535 when I checked it on Alfa and idle was 450 something. Just a thought. Go into Alfa with your 3.5 in your truck and go to your life time hours put like 10 hit start it should show your current actual hours. That’s how I got mine off of my truck.

Do that for both your idle and your lifetime to get your correct numbers.

Then plug in your 7” evic and go through the programming process do your idle hours first then your lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slag009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe it has something to do with the 2013s. I have had the same problem and mine is a 13 also. I have been trying for the past month and sent debuf files but haven't gotten a response.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk