AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you having trouble with lowline or highline fobs?

I have a new highline fob arriving tomorrow, dont want to chance programming it if Im going to end up borking it somehow.

In his screen shot his says baseline. Which is the Tip fobs not the proximity fobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronco628

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In his screen shot his says baseline. Which is the Tip fobs not the proximity fobs

I tried highline and baseline with no success. Maybe it is the keys from amazon I got. I am about to pay a mobile locksmith to verify. I even bought chrysler pull pin because I thought the dealership gave me the wrong code. My code was correct.

Sent from my iPwn

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried highline and baseline with no success. Maybe it is the keys from amazon I got. I am about to pay a mobile locksmith to verify. I even bought chrysler pull pin because I thought the dealership gave me the wrong code. My code was correct.

Sent from my iPwn

What key did you buy. Before I transitioned to the push to start these are the tip keys I purchased. These worked without a problem. Baseline is what you use to program the keys that I have linked below. Make sure you only insert the key in the ignition and just leave it in that position do not turn it. I’ve heard of many people getting keys off of amazon and eBay and them not working cause they are Chinese cheap knock offs

KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Car Key Fob Alarm for Dodge Ram, Jeep Cherokee GQ4-53T (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079TXXC93/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kwujDbFZY294H

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I have a brand new genuine OEM fob coming so hopefully it programs OK and I can use it as primary instead of the knock off I have now.

As far as where to but knock offs, I would go with whatever seller is linked in the thread to add factory keyless. Their high line fob worked great for me where an ebay one failed. I would assume their baseline fobs would work as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bronco628

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What key did you buy. Before I transitioned to the push to start these are the tip keys I purchased. These worked without a problem. Baseline is what you use to program the keys that I have linked below. Make sure you only insert the key in the ignition and just leave it in that position do not turn it. I’ve heard of many people getting keys off of amazon and eBay and them not working cause they are Chinese cheap knock offs

KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Car Key Fob Alarm for Dodge Ram, Jeep Cherokee GQ4-53T (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079TXXC93/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kwujDbFZY294H

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07982G11C?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I got these. Bummer. The ones i got have better reviews on results. I did leave it in the off position. I think I followed the guide properly

Sent from my iPwn

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07982G11C?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I got these. Bummer. The ones i got have better reviews on results. I did leave it in the off position. I think I followed the guide properly

Sent from my iPwn

Those should have worked. Guess it is hit or miss unless you buy actual OEM fobs.

Yeah I wrote the walk through just to help people out. just making sure cause I helped someone from here that kept getting an error and he was turning the key when trying to program. I know there has been a few problems with the programming lately and I know I could never get it to work on windows. I understand your frustration. You could try a locksmith to try and program or try a different key. I know locksmiths in my area charge you their programming fee, if the key works or not just like a dealer when you bring them a key. Pay them either way.

I personally went through about 6 different keys before I found ones that actually worked. eBay sucks bad for off brand keys. IMO

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Sent from my iPwn
Is there any way you can get an older version of alfa to try? The last known working version for the baseline fob programming (that I can think of) was 2.1.4.0.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any way you can get an older version of alfa to try? The last known working version for the baseline fob programming (that I can think of) was 2.1.4.0.

If they contact Alexy. He MIGHT send them the zip file for the old version. I actually might have an older version on my tablet because I was downloading APKs not getting them from the App Store.

Bronco628

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

He did get back to me with a couple links for the 2 previous versions. One was a dead link and the other is a file my android tablet says it cant open. I already initiated a return of these 2 keys and will order from the link provided to me in an earlier post when I get my refund. Amazon is pretty solid with returns . I am unsure if it is user error on my part, the keys, or both. Other than the key issues the changes in programming all my lights to LED has gone well.

Sent from my iPwn

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He did get back to me with a couple links for the 2 previous versions. One was a dead link and the other is a file my android tablet says it cant open. I already initiated a return of these 2 keys and will order from the link provided to me in an earlier post when I get my refund. Amazon is pretty solid with returns . I am unsure if it is user error on my part, the keys, or both. Other than the key issues the changes in programming all my lights to LED has gone well.

Sent from my iPwn

Doing it from the apk you have to download it to your phone and open it through your file app. You can’t just open it from an email or a cloud site. Make sure your unknown sources is turned on also

I would download the file and try it out before you actually return those. If it doesn’t work return them and try the ones I provided in the link

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sent from my iPwn

Here’s a website with a walkthrough to help if needed. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://fileinfo.com/help/install_apk_file_on_android_device

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm comparing two Charger files and have something extra on the Pursuit file as seen in the screen shot in Green the Analog stuff. Did I copy something extra or could the Pursuit have this the R/T does not?

The back story..........

I'm on a mission in my 2013 charger to get the cluster dimmer thumb wheel of the "Police Lighting Feature" (PLF), (dash blacked out when wheel rolled all the way down) in Vehicle Config3, without the loss of the electric door locks and trunk button.

At night when I turn the car off the dash blares almost enough to require sun screen until I open the door or it times out.
The thumb wheel all the way down is no help. Enable PLF and the thumb wheel blacks out the dash with the DIC severely dimmed. LOVE this. But PLF also for police security and safety kills electric locks and exterior trunk button(s).

A used car lot owner with a 2013 pursuit allowed me to use AlfaOBD to upload the body_chrysler_info file so I could do a compare and see if I can take the lock and trunk disable thing out of the picture.

Thanks

rt_police_compare_screen_shot.jpg

Bronco628

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s a website with a walkthrough to help if needed. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://fileinfo.com/help/install_apk_file_on_android_device

That looks similar to an article I looked up for it earlier. They changed the location of that option depending on which version of Android OS you have. Took about 6 different articles before I found the right version. I bought this tablet new because I didn't own an Android device previously. Results are the same.

Thanks for the help. In a week or two I will have another set of FOBIKS to try. I will go back and forth with different suppliers, in a couple months I have no luck I will just pay Dodge the 499 they quoted me for the single programed key

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks similar to an article I looked up for it earlier. They changed the location of that option depending on which version of Android OS you have. Took about 6 different articles before I found the right version. I bought this tablet new because I didn't own an Android device previously. Results are the same.

Thanks for the help. In a week or two I will have another set of FOBIKS to try. I will go back and forth with different suppliers, in a couple months I have no luck I will just pay Dodge the 499 they quoted me for the single programed key

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

I know a few other people that use actual apps to open the apk files. Hopefully they will chime in and I’ll check tomorrow while I’m at work for the APK files I have to see if I have something from a way earlier version. I believe I still have the original apk I downloaded when I programmed my fobs for my truck last November

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Sent from my iPwn
I don’t think the keys are the issue. Any set you buy will probably not work since the baseline fob programming hasn’t worked in a while. Did you send him the debug log so he can fix it?

Bronco628

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t think the keys are the issue. Any set you buy will probably not work since the baseline fob programming hasn’t worked in a while. Did you send him the debug log so he can fix it?

Its the first thing I did!!

Sent from my iPwn

Transparts101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really. He has yet to respond once for me. Are you using the info@ address?

Yes...he has responded to me 3 times already...the bugfile wasnt complete for some reason and he asked me to send another one

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
has there been any updates to the odo
does anybody know if with the latest update we are able to change idle and drive hours on the premium clusters?
I know we cant do the mileage itself yet

I ask because I have a premium cluster that the mileage itself is extremely close to mine and I can just take a drive
to get it on the money and then swap it out so the mileage will be correct

well im bummed..

the 7" evic I bought the sellers stated mileage was off.. he said it had 62K on it give or take a little and im coming up on 62K figured I would drive it and watch mileage to toss evic in so main odo miles matched and then set the hours to my current

installed it yesterday so I could see the mileage I needed to match and the 7" isn't even at 60K so im well past that already..

with that said, i know people have contacted him BUT has anyone heard back from alex regarding his partner in texas coming up with a fix so we can program them??

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm comparing two Charger files and have something extra on the Pursuit file as seen in the screen shot in Green the Analog stuff. Did I copy something extra or could the Pursuit have this the R/T does not?

The back story..........

I'm on a mission in my 2013 charger to get the cluster dimmer thumb wheel of the "Police Lighting Feature" (PLF), (dash blacked out when wheel rolled all the way down) in Vehicle Config3, without the loss of the electric door locks and trunk button.

At night when I turn the car off the dash blares almost enough to require sun screen until I open the door or it times out.
The thumb wheel all the way down is no help. Enable PLF and the thumb wheel blacks out the dash with the DIC severely dimmed. LOVE this. But PLF also for police security and safety kills electric locks and exterior trunk button(s).

A used car lot owner with a 2013 pursuit allowed me to use AlfaOBD to upload the body_chrysler_info file so I could do a compare and see if I can take the lock and trunk disable thing out of the picture.

Thanks

View attachment 172700

When you say the dimmer wheel is "all the way down", do you feel a "detent" in it right before its completely down?

That is "parade mode" and will leave the panel at full bore....if you back it off that detent it should go to the lowest it can be (it wont be completely blacked out but I think it should be somewhat lower intensity)

As far as your Alfa file differences, it seems to be just the status of certain inputs. Nothing you can change, but rather data that will changed based on the position or value of things that are on the bus.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks, Yes the I feel and roll it past the detent but get no full off.

And I see the parade mode listed in the Analog list of the pursuit.

Why do I not have a similar list for the R/T?