AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warwagon98xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh ok that makes sense thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warwagon98xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I came out to a low battery and clicking starter this morning think its related?

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey guys just noticed my 3rd break light is out and have no clue how long its been out.theres no fuse for it theres no power going to it.is there a slight chance I turned it off or something by mistake.i turned off bulb out warning when I had my quads in.going out now to flip it back and run scan thanks dave

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you turn off the rear bulb out warning?

I have LEDs for brake/turn that I installed a number of years ago. I recently obtained AlphaOBD and changed rear lighting setting to LED. Every once in a while I get a bulb out warning for either left or right side. Lasts only about a minute and the returns to normal.

craiggemt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 & 2020
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.4 Hemi
You should be able too. I did it on my quad headlights. Try your low beam or high beam and confirm it is working then try your turn signal.

I'll check on the highs/lows and see if they work there then switch to turn signals.

craiggemt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 & 2020
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.4 Hemi
Anyone using the Headlight Revolution LED front parking/turn light bulbs? These https://headlightrevolution.com/2009-2018-dodge-ram-reflector-style-front-led-turn-signal-bulb-kit/.

I have parking and turn set to LED in programming. I get parking light out error when parking lights are on and turn signal is activated. Happens both left and right every time turn signals are activated. It's almost light the parking light drops off briefly (although it does not flicker) when turn signal is activated. I have resistors on the turn signal side. Maybe I need to add them on the parking light side?

AndyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I can't for the life of me get anything to change on my premium IPC now.. seen the update and got excited but nothing will work. I've waited over an hour with the truck asleep and even tried unplugging the battery for a bit.. can't change the hours or the mileage. :(

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't for the life of me get anything to change on my premium IPC now.. seen the update and got excited but nothing will work. I've waited over an hour with the truck asleep and even tried unplugging the battery for a bit.. can't change the hours or the mileage. :(

A stupid question but did you make sure you updated your app. Also. He did update the app a few days after the original update but how are you trying to program it. Your truck should be completely off with the doors closed.

AndyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Have the latest app off the store. Asks me to turn key off then back on waiting for it to boot before pushing ok.

I'll try again with the truck off. Still messing with it.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

A stupid question but did you make sure you updated your app. Also. He did update the app a few days after the original update but how are you trying to program it. Your truck should be completely off with the doors closed.

As Lawsuits11 stated make sure that the app actually updated. It took me 2 time's on my kindle for it to actually update. When you program the mileage it will have a selection for either 3.5 or 7" clusters. And after the cluster reboots the mileage will be changed.

When you go to change mileage the way I did it was (skipping some steps, and going off memory)
1- truck to run position
2- connect to instrument cluster
3- choose 7"
4- alphaobd will have you turn the key to off wait a minute and back to run
5- enter mileage
6- cluster will reboot with correct mileage

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

AndyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
As Lawsuits11 stated make sure that the app actually updated. It took me 2 time's on my kindle for it to actually update. When you program the mileage it will have a selection for either 3.5 or 7" clusters. And after the cluster reboots the mileage will be changed.

When you go to change mileage the way I did it was (skipping some steps, and going off memory)
1- truck to run position
2- connect to instrument cluster
3- choose 7"
4- alphaobd will have you turn the key to off wait a minute and back to run
5- enter mileage
6- cluster will reboot with correct mileage

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman
Yep. Reboots with the previous milage. Won't change.

I've uninstalled off the app store and reinstalled to try fixing that, didn't work.

Tried using my windows version of Alfa and it won't let me do anything... Not sure what's up with that. Can't hit the save/apply/next/cancel buttons.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'm running 2.1.7.3 on Android. Maybe the latest patch bugged it?

That's always a good possibility. I haven't tried with the latest update.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

AndyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Giving up for another bit I guess... Maybe it's bugged? When trying to change the mileage on my 7" cluster it reboots approx 4 times and boots back up to the old mileage unchanged. Put a few km on it to see if it would change and still didn't. I've tried doing it with the engine off, on acc, on on, and with two different adapters and two different android devices.

Maybe the latest update bugged it? Not sure..

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I can try and send you the apk file from the last update if I saved it

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone using the Headlight Revolution LED front parking/turn light bulbs? These https://headlightrevolution.com/2009-2018-dodge-ram-reflector-style-front-led-turn-signal-bulb-kit/.

I have parking and turn set to LED in programming. I get parking light out error when parking lights are on and turn signal is activated. Happens both left and right every time turn signals are activated. It's almost light the parking light drops off briefly (although it does not flicker) when turn signal is activated. I have resistors on the turn signal side. Maybe I need to add them on the parking light side?
I had the same issue it took about 24 hours after enabling both of these. Just double check you have BOTH of these enabled then clear the code and let the truck sit over night. I am using diesel LEDs brand switchbacks. 9d483fcb85ea58eedae39918ecec1bc5.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Giving up for another bit I guess... Maybe it's bugged? When trying to change the mileage on my 7" cluster it reboots approx 4 times and boots back up to the old mileage unchanged. Put a few km on it to see if it would change and still didn't. I've tried doing it with the engine off, on acc, on on, and with two different adapters and two different android devices.

Maybe the latest update bugged it? Not sure..

I had to do this before programming;

Turn key off and open the door.
Close door
Wait for cluster to go completely blank
Connect to OBD MX dongle
Open Alpha
Then do the rest of the IPC procedure to change mileage.

Repeat for Idle hours and again for total hours.

Not sure which dongle you are using bu I am using a Scantools OBD MX.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have received a few people asking how to program Lifetime drive and idle hours. I made a walk through to help people out. I will quote this post with the walkthrough.

@Big daddys house. You should do a video for programming the idle and engine hours if you can sir!

How to program Idle/Drive hours on premium 7” EVIC

Connect to your instrument panel and click the car with the hood open

Click on the drop down menu
Click on program custom features towards the bottom of the list

176f1cdfd77ba1a6df88f673a91488b0.jpg

You will see a second drop down menu. Click on it and you will see your two options for programming your Lifetime idle and Lofetime engine hours
83084e763366d7c55b43f9320eda6310.jpg

Your Lifetime Engine hours is the TOTAL hours your truck has been on. So you need to add your Drive and idle hours from your old EVIC together.

Example
Idle hours on old EVIC - 350
Drive hours on old EVIC - 605
Your Lifetime engine hours would be 955.

That is what you enter in the Total engine hours box Show in the pic below
8deb841b7ccb4525652ace3380a1861f.jpg

Next click the second drop down menu and select Lifetime Idle hours

This is where you just enter your exact Idle hours on your old evic
889e6b5465d6d2b903b6bf203d488c99.jpg

After this your evic will calculate your Drive hours itself. So you don’t have to do anything else

Disconnect and close AlfaOBD like normal

Just shot the video guys! It's probably going to take me several hours to edit. I'm hoping to get it uploaded tonight. [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
dumb questions for someone who's done it - the 4 digit pin referred to in the various AlphaODB guides - is that the same pin you use if you swap radios - ie the security code? I know I can get that from the dealer for installing an radio from another RAM, just curious if that is the same PIN - so if i give them my VIN, there is only 1 4 digit PIN for it, right? or are there multiple PIN's depending what you change.

Was looking at the "fogs on with high beams" and programming another keyfob - those 2 activities right there would be worth the roughly 100 bucks to get the ODB2 connector & app recommended, if that was the case.

Thanks!
Josh