AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuckdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm curious if anyone knows if AlphaOBD has a setting to turn on "One Touch Up" windows for us regular cab guys? I'm sure more is involved, such as changing out modules and such, but before that happens I'm just wondering if it's a possibility.

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thank you @1500ram12 you’re TPMS write up was great. After reading it - and then rereading it - and then rerereading it cuz I’m a little slow - I was able to finally get rid of that damn TPMS light that’s been haunting me ever since my lift !

tjram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm curious if anyone knows if AlphaOBD has a setting to turn on "One Touch Up" windows for us regular cab guys? I'm sure more is involved, such as changing out modules and such, but before that happens I'm just wondering if it's a possibility.
It does not have that feature. Tazer does but you have to leave it plugged in at all times

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It does not have that feature. Tazer does but you have to leave it plugged in at all times

As Chuckdl stated it does have alphaobd does have the ability to turn it on but it's probably not just that simple. It most likely will require a window switch out of a qc/cc truck and possibly a different door module.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As Chuckdl stated it does have alphaobd does have the ability to turn it on but it's probably not just that simple. It most likely will require a window switch out of a qc/cc truck and possibly a different door module.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

didn't think our trucks were windows up with fob capable

Chuckdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Seems like they were asking about one touch up from using the window switch in the truck, not the fob.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yea, from the switch not the fob. I'm sure it's a safety feature for 2 door vehicles, as my g/f's 2019 Challenger only has one touch down and not up. I'm just use to my old Ram 1500 CC that had up and down.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Use AlfaOBD to read the ID of your driver door module. If it’s part number 68225101AC, then the module is definitely capable. This seems to be the same part number used on two door and four door rams. For trucks that have power fold mirrors, the driver door module part number is 68225103AC. You would need door switches from a 2016+ four door ram. The connector for the switch is different between the two door and four door, so you would need to buy the connectors and terminals for the new switches. Unpin the three wires from the old switch connector and repin them in the appropriate spots on the new connector, enable the setting in AlfaOBD, and should be good.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
FYI,

Just want to post I'm on my 3rd OBDLink MX(+). And I still do not want to use something else.
I also want to add that OBDLink customer service is stellar, responsive, and fast processing.

My 1st was an MX, it made the car toss random phantom codes. They did an exchange bumping me up to the the MX+.
The 2nd was suspected to have lost its firmware or BT /RX/TX. It stopped connecting would not enter pair mode.
My 3rd arrived 4 days after I reported it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My 1st was an MX, it made the car toss random phantom codes. They did an exchange bumping me up to the the MX+.

This can happen if the communication protocol isn't set in the app your using. Ram uses ISO 15765-4 (CAN 11bit/500k baud).
Another thing that will throw phantom errors is leaving the app running when you shut down and get out of the vehicle. If I do this when running the Torque App, I'll sometimes get a shift communication loss pop up on the EVIC

DBLJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Hi guys, im having a problem. While using the alphaobd with the obdlink mx+, i tried to set the bigger tire settings. I did the steps just as i did with changing settings for led and hid for my lights. So after what i thought changed my settings i took a quick drive down the road and couldn't really tell if it changed. Well in the morning headed to work i had all kinds of alerts on my dash come up. Ex. "Service trailer brake system, service electronic throttle control and abs" and as i began to drive i noticed my speedometer didn't work either. I looked at the log and said my "front" tires dynamic circumference shows to be way of should be 2791mm for a 35x12.5x20 tire if im correct and showed it to be set at 65535mm..... i went to change it where i last changed but can not find a specific change for the front tires... i didn't change the front or rear, has anyone had this happen? I have gone over and over and no changes to speedo and my error codes just show on my dash and not in the obdlink mx+ so i cant even try to clear the codes..

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hi guys, im having a problem. While using the alphaobd with the obdlink mx+, i tried to set the bigger tire settings. I did the steps just as i did with changing settings for led and hid for my lights. So after what i thought changed my settings i took a quick drive down the road and couldn't really tell if it changed. Well in the morning headed to work i had all kinds of alerts on my dash come up. Ex. "Service trailer brake system, service electronic throttle control and abs" and as i began to drive i noticed my speedometer didn't work either. I looked at the log and said my "front" tires dynamic circumference shows to be way of should be 2791mm for a 35x12.5x20 tire if im correct and showed it to be set at 65535mm..... i went to change it where i last changed but can not find a specific change for the front tires... i didn't change the front or rear, has anyone had this happen? I have gone over and over and no changes to speedo and my error codes just show on my dash and not in the obdlink mx+ so i cant even try to clear the codes..

Connect to the abs > continental abs > I believe it's clearing rolls test then possibly static ecu. That should clear everything up. If you still have codes check the body Computer and engine computer for codes. This should possibly correct the speedo. If not try again following the instructions on post 1. Find my name and open the Google drive link. There is step by step instructions with pictures.

As far as seeing the changes in the body Computer logs I don't think he's fixed that yet. I haven't tried since a couple updates ago.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

LI Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
finally tried the alpha obd to lower the tpms threshold..got right to the pin# and it said they were invalid. I got these on a printout from the dealer when they did the recall.. what now?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
finally tried the alpha obd to lower the tpms threshold..got right to the pin# and it said they were invalid. I got these on a printout from the dealer when they did the recall.. what now?

Is it the 4 digit pin? There are 3 codes that could be given if the dealer is unsure.

1- 4 digit key fod /rf hub
2- 5 digit key cut code
3- rolling key code for locksmiths

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If the RF hub was replaced it could be 0000. Try that and see if it works. Also if you’re using windows it doesn’t play well with the RF hub and will give you errors when attempting anything with the RF hub. Changing options accepting the pin. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick00less

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
will a HPTUNERS obd connector work?

why isn't alfaobd website working??

LI Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Is it the 4 digit pin? There are 3 codes that could be given if the dealer is unsure.

1- 4 digit key fod /rf hub
2- 5 digit key cut code
3- rolling key code for locksmiths

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman
close..Just got back from the dealership, same service tech and explained what I wanted to do but the pin he gave me didn't work..He call service manager and got another 4 digit pin which he said was for the key fob,,the original 4 digit one was just for evic changes...did it right in the parking lot (brought my laptop) and tada...all good btw the first time with the original #'s changed the evic psi threshold but it still set off the warning too low.... now on to include DRL's

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
has anyone gotten the auto mirror fold on lock (keyfob button) working yet? or is that just specific to jeeps?

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
also does alfaobd have the ability to check obd "flash count" or erase the count and start from 0 again?

Jethro1985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok guys. So still having trouble with my friends tow mirror install on his 2013 1500 tradesman. Used alfaobd to turn on the tow mirrors present, approach lights, and turn signals. Everything works but the approach lights. Took it to the dealership last week to get a recall fixed. The service guy told him the computer was shutting the approach light due to not recognizing led voltage. (Not sure if that is exactly right) he tried to get more info from the guy but the service tech told him it would need to be put on the computer and cost him more money to get more info. I'm stuck on what to do next. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca