AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DReinke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any chance AphaOBD can help with ABS problems on a 2006 Ram 2500? Will it read and help analyze the reason for the ABS light illuminating on the dash?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Any chance AphaOBD can help with ABS problems on a 2006 Ram 2500? Will it read and help analyze the reason for the ABS light illuminating on the dash?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Alpha will act as a regular OBD2 scanner, but you also get software for that free with most of the scanners, I'd start with that before spending money on Alpha, as it's really designed for 4th Gen trucks (2009+). The software that comes with the OBDLink MX is pretty good.

-K

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Is there a step-by-step procedure on how to update AlfaOBD for Android? There is a new version out (8 Nov), and I cannot find anywhere on how to update from an earlier version.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Is there a step-by-step procedure on how to update AlfaOBD for Android? There is a new version out (8 Nov), and I cannot find anywhere on how to update from an earlier version.
Assuming you installed it via Google Play, just let the Play app update it like any other application. If you installed via the Amazon Fire equivalent, use that.

-K

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Assuming you installed it via Google Play, just let the Play app update it like any other application. If you installed via the Amazon Fire equivalent, use that.

Installed via Google Play. The AlfaOBD icon doesn't appear under "My apps & games," so I have no idea on how to perform the update.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, and everything that I went and change I did change it back hoping that it will work but last thing I did was clear out some faults that was in there so now I'm letting it sit for now and yeah I did know what the ECU meant but I just totally forgot. Thank you for your comment and willing to help.

You are changing the fuel correct?

Have you looked at what number was there before? and just adjusting it a little bit and then check if you get error(s)?

When I was trying to adjust my tires. I put in the correct number. But I started to get errors, even though I followed 'document'
Then other things wouldn't work. Could not figure out.

So just playing around I started slowly adjusting the number higher, and everything still worked, no errors.

Finally I got to where I was supposed to be, it failed again. I move it back 5 points and it worked.
Might be worth checking it out.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Installed via Google Play. The AlfaOBD icon doesn't appear under "My apps & games," so I have no idea on how to perform the update.

Ah, something is decidedly amiss then. It normally shows under the "My Apps" and upgrades from there. Both of my devices do so. You may need to contact Alexi (the author). I do seem to recall hearing about a few devices that Google Play decided could not handle the newer versions and cut them off from upgrades. Give Alexi a shout, be sure to include the model of the device you're running it on and the version of Android on it.

-K

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
You are changing the fuel correct?

Have you looked at what number was there before? and just adjusting it a little bit and then check if you get error(s)?

When I was trying to adjust my tires. I put in the correct number. But I started to get errors, even though I followed 'document'
Then other things wouldn't work. Could not figure out.

So just playing around I started slowly adjusting the number higher, and everything still worked, no errors.

Finally I got to where I was supposed to be, it failed again. I move it back 5 points and it worked.
Might be worth checking it out.
Yes I was trying to put in 197.000 liters but something went wrong so to make a long story short I put everything back that I have change because I got a ABS light on and a check engine light one, bummmer, I'm suppose to take it in to the shop for something else but I call them back and added that my lights was on.

When I take it back to get that ABS and CHECK engine light off I will try again that I will do that way or I might just leave that the way it is, I notice when I fill up my needle don't more for a while so I let the needle get to that full line, meaning when I fill up the needle go pass the fill line and right when the needle had move to the first full line I would have gotten 250 miles.

So now I know that before the needle move to that first line I have gone about 250 miles and then after that it's pretty right on, I think anyway, when I let the needle move the the 3/4 line I had burn about 25 to 30 gals which I think the last time I did that I paid about $80 dollars.

Yeah, I'm not going to do anything with it until I go to the dealership and get those lights remove so I put the fuel captivity back to 31 gals = 117 liters.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
@Bigdaddy
I could be wrong, but I think that is normal. When doing tire one. It says you should also reset other setting otherwise you will get error.
What I noticed was on my truck, I didn't have to do that. I was getting issue cause I put number it didn't like.
So when you get your truck back and if dealer doesn't fix it for you.
instead of putting 197. Take value it has for default. and increase it by 1. save and check for errors. If not errors. Move up by 5.
Check again. That is how figured out how do my tires with out breaking anything.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
@Bigdaddy
One other question. What options are you picking?
I will check mine. I have larger gas tank, I ordered it when I bought the truck.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
@Bigdaddy
One other question. What options are you picking?
I will check mine. I have larger gas tank, I ordered it when I bought the truck.
Okay for sure please get back to me, thank you, thank you sir when I go to option it want me to enter the valve, I open the box and it's empty of course but I enter the 197.000 value. I went over it the other day because I wanted it to be back to stock when I take it back to the dealer next week, so do it matter if I enter the '0' or just enter the 197 for my liters?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Okay for sure please get back to me, thank you, thank you sir when I go to option it want me to enter the valve, I open the box and it's empty of course but I enter the 197.000 value. I went over it the other day because I wanted it to be back to stock when I take it back to the dealer next week, so do it matter if I enter the '0' or just enter the 197 for my liters?
You didn't look to see what the value was before changing it?

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
No I didn't I thought I saved everything on google drive but it didn't save I know now that I should have look before I started changing things but I didn't, I have a 31 gals tank from the factory so I figure that I went with that.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No I didn't I thought I saved everything on google drive but it didn't save I know now that I should have look before I started changing things but I didn't, I have a 31 gals tank from the factory so I figure that I went with that.

There's a 2018 2500 with the 31 gallon tank in the shared BCM configs folder. The tank value is set to 117 liters.

Fuel Capacity: 117 Liters

-K

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

If it is not showing in the play store as an update it may have done it automatically already. What is the current version you have installed?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If it is not showing in the play store as an update it may have done it automatically already. What is the current version you have installed?

I hadn't even thought of that. I'm vehemently against auto-updates of any kind of software so I keep it turned off on all my devices. Definitely something for our Heavy Metal fan (@Hanover Fiste ) to check. :)

-K

KingScheuf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi I'm new here using the Alpha OBD with the security bypass module on my 2018 Ram 2500 HD Laramie. My tire size that I'm running is 285/60/R20 AT. My question is if my tire diameter is set correctly.
Here are my current settings.

Dynamic Tire Circumference (All or Rear) (0-65534 mm): 2631.000 mm
Dynamic Tire Circumference, Front Only (0-65534 mm): 65535.000 mm

I'm pretty sure the all/rear setting is correct for the tires that I have on the truck.
However I'm wondering if I should be changing the front only.

Don't know if it's necessary since it is set outside the specified threshold. Maybe this one is just ignored? Any direction on needing to update the front only dynamic tire circumference would be appreciated.

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi

The version I have is 2.2.2.0. The version on the website is 2.2.3.0. I emailed for help, but they never replied.

Auto update is ON.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
There's a 2018 2500 with the 31 gallon tank in the shared BCM configs folder. The tank value is set to 117 liters.

Fuel Capacity: 117 Liters

-K

Yes, and the I change that back to 117 liters, the problem now is that my ABS and my CHECKS engine lights are on now, I don't know if I trigger something or not but I did everything that I was suppose to do, you know to change one thing and back out and wait 5 minutes before you mess with it again, but I have an appointment next week at the dealer to get that taken out.

Now from what I understand that you had a bigger fuel tank install in your ram did you ever get that work out so your truck can read the right amount fuel tank?

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I contacted tech support for my Android tablet, and they said the issue was with the app on Google Play, and NOT my tablet. They told me to email Alexey about the problem (which I did--again) and to report the issue in the Google Play store.