AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So I have an issue. I had tow mirrors originally...swapped them for 2014 sport mirrors. I was in alfa and saw tow mirrors, removed them in the settings. Now I have a P0070 ambient temperature fault. I went back and switched tow mirrors back, but code remains. any thoughts?

I am 99% certain that the only thing the Tow Mirrors Present setting does is to cause the mirror adjustment controls to work in the correct orientation when the tow mirrors are flipped up. I had originally used an OBDGenie when I swapped to my power folding tow mirrors (had manual regular ones) and the one thing it didn't set was that option. It was the first setting I changed when I got the AlphaODB app.

I would check to make certain that none of the settings with "Ambient Temperature Sensor" as part of their name got changed.

-K

RHeller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well...My temp sensor is back to normal...YAY! but now I have a humidity sensor error..lol

Humidity Sensor:
Humidity Sensor Glass Temperature: 13.00 Deg.C
Humidity Sensor Air Temperature: 14.00 Deg.C
Humidity Sensor Dewpoint Temperature: 87.00 Deg.C
Humidity Sensor Relative Humidity: 127.00 %RH
Humidity Sensor Response Error: No
Humidity Sensor Internal Fault: Yes

the code must be in a different module cause I cannot clear it

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Previously posted that I tried to program a FOBIK with both my Autel scanner and alfaOBD with no luck. A couple weeks ago I programmed one of the plastic keys with the Autel and it worked fine.
I had no problem programming fobik and tpms with my autel 906...

Ive Had no reason to attempt either with alfaobd.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So, I hate to interrupt the discussion on your temp/humidity code, but I have an adapter question...

I have a computer that I’m going to be using for Techstream for my wife’s Toyota, and Alpha for my RAM. No option for onboard Bluetooth.

Found this adapter on amazon. According to the Alpha website, the MX and SX appear to work, but just making sure.

ScanTool OBDLink SX USB: Professional Grade OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Windows – DIY Car and Truck Data and Diagnostics https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ZWM0R4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_EnaWBb15X6ZME

Wondering - is anyone else using it??

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
sorry I do not want to bring my problems but someone of you could help me with what I did my wiper fluid stopped working do not drip the water and do not move in at good time get to disable it in these rainy days every day for my state

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
sorry I do not want to bring my problems but someone of you could help me with what I did my wiper fluid stopped working do not drip the water and do not move in at good time get to disable it in these rainy days every day for my state

Hi Cesar, it sounds like you may have accidentally changed a setting related to the wiper system. You need to examine the log file in AlphaODB and look at each change that you made to find the one that caused the problem.

-K

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
these are the error codes that I have

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those look like you enabled (or attempted to test using the app) rear window and headlamp wipers, which a RAM would not have.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
B233D-13-FRONT/REAR WASHER MOTOR (+) CONTROL - CIRCUIT OPEN or B233D-11-FRONT/REAR WASHER MOTOR (+) CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND

U0264-00-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH CAMERA MODULE - REAR

U0231-00-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH LIGHT RAIN SENSING MODULE

B16E7-11-LICENSE PLATE LAMP CONTROL-CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND or B16E7-15-LICENSE PLATE LAMP CONTROL-CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY OR OPEN

Im not sure all of those would be triggered by stuff from AlfaOBD....did you have any other wiring/electrical issues in the truck even before using Alfa?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Need a little help finding the seat materiel type settings.

When I look through my log I see 2 places where it shows up but in the App I have only found the one under... Active Diagnostics-> Car Configuration Change->Heated Seat Material Type.

Has anyone messed with this setting? My truck originally came with Cloth but upgraded to perforated Katzkin leather a while back. Wondering if switching to leather materiel will make the heated seat get warmer?

Thanks.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

When I look through my log I see 2 places where it shows up but in the App I have only found the one under... Active Diagnostics-> Car Configuration Change->Heated Seat Material Type.

Has anyone messed with this setting? My truck originally came with Cloth but upgraded to perforated Katzkin leather a while back. Wondering if switching to leather materiel will make the heated seat get warmer?

Thanks.

Ive been told that it does make a difference for heat level and possibly duration of runtime.

Im not sure which would put out the most heat: perforated or solid leather. On one hand solid leather would need more heat to actually heat up and get to the user, on the other hand perforated is "leaking" heat by design so I dont know which one they would make the higher output.

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Those look like you enabled (or attempted to test using the app) rear window and headlamp wipers, which a RAM would not have.
I'm going to agree with @chrisbh17, looks like you enabled/tested equipment that doesn't exist on your truck.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ive been told that it does make a difference for heat level and possibly duration of runtime.

Im not sure which would put out the most heat: perforated or solid leather. On one hand solid leather would need more heat to actually heat up and get to the user, on the other hand perforated is "leaking" heat by design so I dont know which one they would make the higher output.

Yeah, if I can find the proper settings to change I'll try and do test before and after I change it to see what they do (measure with infrared thermometer). My perforated Katzkins leather is thicker then the stock leather on these trucks. The heated seats work pretty well as is but wondering If I can make them just a little better. Takes a while to get them up to temp.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking through all of the Google drive config files it looks like it might be in your log more than once only because the log is multiple copies of the same data. I think its only in one place in the app too but will try to verify that later myself (I dont have heated seats so Ive only seen and checked the setting but havent changed it yet)

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I had never had electrical problems before using alpha until I moved or enabled something by mistake my truck is a 2013 slt

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

Thanks.

MTN....see post #54 by CHACH on page 6 of this thread. He has a perfect screen shot of the setting(s) which shows where HEATED SEAT MATERIAL TYPE is located.

Last edited:

prohunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had never had electrical problems before using alpha until I moved or enabled something by mistake my truck is a 2013 slt
If you can't find what you did you can always take it to the dealership and have them reflash the truck which will restore all of your factory options but I would use that as a last resort

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
MTN....see post #54 by CHACH on page 6 of this thread. He has a perfect screen shot of the setting(s) which shows where HEATED SEAT MATERIAL TYPE is located.

Appreciate it. That is the setting I found already. Was wondering if there was maybe a second setting because of the 2 entries in the log but it sounds like there is not.

Going to give it a try. Just trying to figure out the best way to test the temps of the different settings. I need somewhat controlled outside/vehicle temps so it's a good comparison between them.