AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sorry just remembered you said they were off a 14. First thing I would reccomend is check to make sure the temp sensor is on the drivers side mirror if it is then you either have a problem with the temp sensor on the mirror or you somehow changed a code. First thing I would reccomend is check the mirror for a temp sensor. If it doesn't have one that's your problem. If it does have one I would reccomend installing your old drivers side mirror and see if it helps. If it does it's the mirror if it doesn't it is most likely something you changed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I will try that tomorrow. I believe it's a setting. I found where the ambient temp sensor location is in the tool maybe I thought it was humidity sensor.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will try that tomorrow. I believe it's a setting. I found where the ambient temp sensor location is in the tool maybe I thought it was humidity sensor.

That is most likely what it is. I was posting about checking the mirrors before your post came through saying they were working before you installed the codes for the Smart Beam. I would definitely go back and check what you changed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone possibly know what setting I changed. I am getting ambient temp sensor error with check engine light. 2c397de68115daf3ac7211d2a14c7eff.jpg

For what it's worth, that is the way my 8.4 looked a couple weekends ago when I was on my final performance pages quest. Did you always have the "U" (Uconnect) background on your screen? When I made the changes in the vehicle line/brand, my screen looked like that and my temperature settings were off as well. The radio looked like it went back a few year and had no set programming if that make sense.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I got the puddle lights working, but only after I also activated the below, in addition to Puddle Lamps Present setting:

Car configuration change: Ambient Lighting Present: ' NO ' -> '1 ' (YES)
Car configuration change: Mirror Approach Lights Present: ' NO ' -> '1 ' (YES)

I didn't realize I set both at the same time, so not sure if one of the two did it, or the combination of the two. I also changed from Rebel Splash To Limited, but that's EVIC display only.

I'll drop one of the above and see if I loose puddle to see if we can narrow it down.

Just checked and I do have Mirror Approach Lights Present set, but not the Ambient one. (My puddle lights work).

-K

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just checked and I do have Mirror Approach Lights Present set, but not the Ambient one. (My puddle lights work).

-K

Yeah, I removed/unset Ambient Lights last night and the puddle lights still work, so "Approach Lights Present" must be the one that was needed then. I'm happy now, everything works!

We might want to add "Approach Lights Present - Select Yes" to the docs.

Thanks to all for the help

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just an FYI... for any of those out there that are still looking for a way to enable performance pages, DO NOT purchase SRTactivator on the Google Play Store. Yes, there was a review with a guy who had a 16' Ram and yes he did say it gave him the same errors, but I had to try....right? It will give you "service electronic brake system". The stability control button next to the tow haul does not work and the warning displays on the EVIC and with the little car and squiggled lines. I'll figure it out but I'm a little cross-eyed from doing all this all day.

I won't go into everything else I spent my day on but let me just say, with as many settings as I changed (vehicle line, brand, packages, factory resets to 8.4, battery pulls and so on) I think I finally convinced myself the performance packages are just not going to happen.

With all that said, if I wasn't impressed with the Alfa program before...I sure as hell am now! I should have written down everything I had wrong but I was too caught up in what I was doing to even think about it. Now I just have to find/fix the service electronic brake system, which I'm pretty sure I have seen before.
Would you please give me a call on how you came about fixing this? I have a 17 ram 2500 and installed the SRT activator app and have the same codes as you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would you please give me a call on how you came about fixing this? I have a 17 ram 2500 and installed the SRT activator app and have the same codes as you. 4176933050
Hang tight, I sent you a message.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am having trouble connecting my obdlink MX up with my windows computer. Can someone help me with the steps?

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anyone have time to send me your settings you show for ambient temp settings, sensor yes or no, and location. Also any settings you may have on a humidity sensor, location and type. I changed out mirror, installed smartbeam autodim assist mirror. I have power, but something is messed up. I have check engine light and outside temp displays 185 on my Uaq radio. I have 2017 Express and tested my old mirrors just to make sure there is nothing wrong with sensor.

HeloPilot19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins HO
Has anyone had any luck defaulting the exhaust brake to come on when starting the truck? I know they dont do it from the factory on anything smaller than the 4500 for "safety", but there are a number of tuning companies that have figured it out. If they can do it I would think we could do it via AlfaOBD.

THANK YOU to everyone who has posted. I was able to turn my DRLs on in about 5 minutes thanks to yall.

Also is there a way to get clearance lights ro come on with DRLs? I have the mirror turn signal light mod on mine and would like those ans my clearance lights to come on as DRLs.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having trouble connecting my obdlink MX up with my windows computer. Can someone help me with the steps?
Try this...
https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1791893/

Anyone have time to send me your settings you show for ambient temp settings, sensor yes or no, and location. Also any settings you may have on a humidity sensor, location and type. I changed out mirror, installed smartbeam autodim assist mirror. I have power, but something is messed up. I have check engine light and outside temp displays 185 on my Uaq radio. I have 2017 Express and tested my old mirrors just to make sure there is nothing wrong with sensor.

Did you try looking in the Alfa folder under shared BCM configs? You might be able to find something there?

Has anyone had any luck defaulting the exhaust brake to come on when starting the truck? I know they dont do it from the factory on anything smaller than the 4500 for "safety", but there are a number of tuning companies that have figured it out. If they can do it I would think we could do it via AlfaOBD.

THANK YOU to everyone who has posted. I was able to turn my DRLs on in about 5 minutes thanks to yall.

Also is there a way to get clearance lights ro come on with DRLs? I have the mirror turn signal light mod on mine and would like those ans my clearance lights to come on as DRLs.
If it was not offered from the factory at some point, then I don't think the Alfa tool will be able to enable it by default at start.

I have looked at this and once again, unless it has come from factory it won't be in there. I was looking to have the fogs on with signals but the only way to accomplish I could find would be a DRL-1 module.

justinkyleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

I messed with the same setting back around post 1707. All the configs that I've seen have the ambient temp sensor present to no, and that will default the location setting to undefined. To correct my mistake I had to set my config back as stated, then clear the bcm faults, drive the truck until it popped a cel, park it with key in run and engine off, and clear the two faults with my edge monitor.

justinkyleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

I also wanted this option. Fortunately for me, this option along with cruise control high idle with my G56 were just added benefits that came with my tuning from HPP... I don't think it's as easy as a setting in the bcm. I think it's in the ecm. *BUT* if the '17 bcm that is shared is also tuned to keep the exhaust brake on, check your "eco mode configuration" setting. Right below the vgt turbo setting. Mine is set to remember last state.

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I have not seen anything in AlphaOBD that would lead me to believe that we can change it. AlphaOBD is not a tuner app so not sure we'll ever see that option here?

Rez103

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to let everyone know by enabling LED turn signals & parking lights I was able to remove the burning hot resistor I had wired in with my switchbacks. So far been about a week without any bulb out light or fast flashing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah, I removed/unset Ambient Lights last night and the puddle lights still work, so "Approach Lights Present" must be the one that was needed then. I'm happy now, everything works!

We might want to add "Approach Lights Present - Select Yes" to the docs.

Thanks to all for the help

Now that my mirror swap is complete and everything's working, I noticed my temp sensor is at 62*, which seems about right, but it was also at 62* last night as well. Coincidence I hope - I went from 2016 to 2014 so didn't expect any sensor issues.

I may be jumping the gun, and will check temp again later tonight or tomorrow, but all the temp sensor posts lately have me jumpy :eek:

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now that my mirror swap is complete and everything's working, I noticed my temp sensor is at 62*, which seems about right, but it was also at 62* last night as well. Coincidence I hope - I went from 2016 to 2014 so didn't expect any sensor issues.

I may be jumping the gun, and will check temp again later tonight or tomorrow, but all the temp sensor posts lately have me jumpy :eek:
The temp sensors on the 13 and up should all work fine. I have a set of 16 mirrors on my 14 with no issues.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to let everyone know by enabling LED turn signals & parking lights I was able to remove the burning hot resistor I had wired in with my switchbacks. So far been about a week without any bulb out light or fast flashing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What headlights are you running now?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357